• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KidCham

Smash Apprentice
So, one thing that really caught my attention:

The announcement for Joker is very weird. We know that DLC planning takes months to complete before they start development. We've heard about a S-E rep for a while now. Should we be expecting only announcements of DLC characters without any extra info? Bc almost every DLC there was, we had gameplay and artwork. For Joker we only have an anime trailer (and a hype one at that), with no gameplay footage, no update to the blog other than the trailer, no artwork whatsoever. It's as if there wasn't really anything ready because this was a very recently finalized deal. And given all of the S-E ruckus, maybe they wanted to throw everyone off with this juggernaut of an announcement.
What do you think?
The announcement is not weird at all
They just started development
Smash was out few hours after
With a fighter pass to sell, they have to at least show the first character

The only reason it seems weird is because everyone is convinced to the bone there will be a square rep because someone told it back in summer

The reality is, nobody knows anything about DLC, and that there might as well not have any square rep in the DLC

Sure Vergeben has been right in the past, but he's also been equally wrong as many times.
He could be totally wrong about the Square Rep.

If they were more advanced in the development of the Square Rep they would be showing it first since they'll sell it first
That's not the case though, the first we'll be getting outside the plant is Joker.

Implying they didn't start working on the next, thus a square rep if it were the case.

The most plausible scenario is that there isn't a square rep at all.

D

Deleted member

The announcement for Joker is very weird. We know that DLC planning takes months to complete before they start development. We've heard about a S-E rep for a while now. Should we be expecting only announcements of DLC characters without any extra info? Bc almost every DLC there was, we had gameplay and artwork. For Joker we only have an anime trailer (and a hype one at that), with no gameplay footage, no update to the blog other than the trailer, no artwork whatsoever. It's as if there wasn't really anything ready because this was a very recently finalized deal. And given all of the S-E ruckus, maybe they wanted to throw everyone off with this juggernaut of an announcement.
What do you think?
As far as we know, SE dealings haven't been easy. Nintendo got the rights from Atlus at most back at E3 because animation like that takes time and that's even assuming they went max overdrive at it.
The Square character could only have been dealt with fully in September and they haven't been as developed yet for that reason.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Obviously the SE character was supposed to be revealed last night, but Joker stole the invitation!

On a serious note, I must have missed something. What did Reggie say that makes Sephiroth and Geno less likely? I was watching with a bunch of friends and it was very loud.

EDIT: He said they'll all be new series, huh? So much for Porky then. Well, that definitely narrows it down to DQ, Sora, or Crono then.

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
As far as we know, SE dealings haven't been easy. Nintendo got the rights from Atlus at most back at E3 because animation like that takes time and that's even assuming they went max overdrive at it.
The Square character could only have been dealt with fully in September and they haven't been as developed yet for that reason.
That makes zero sense. Do you know how long S-E usually takes to complete all the legal measures to licensing their characters to third-parties?
Sakurai already stated that DLC decisions have been done. The contract papers are likely signed and only now are starting development in-game.
What is weird to me is that other DLC characters usually have an artwork to go along with it. Like beans said, it might be the Mewtwo case, but I think it's that bc of how recent they actually closed the deal. S-E having been approached by Nintendo to relicense Cloud would mean they also had talks about DLC (I mean, why go through the hussle twice when you're already there dealing with the company in the first place?). And knowing S-E, they can be quick with their renders and arts (renders, not games pls, everyone knows how their engines working in their games is a whole other story). I was expecting an artwork if the character was decided before E3, that's what I mean.

Obviously the SE character was supposed to be revealed last night, but Joker stole the invitation!

On a serious note, I must have missed something. What did Reggie say that makes Sephiroth and Geno less likely? I was watching with a bunch of friends and it was very loud.

EDIT: He said they'll all be new series, huh? So much for Porky then. Well, that definitely narrows it down to DQ, Sora, or Crono then.
He said they would be "entirely new characters". Take that as you will. Some are seeing this as new series, others as basically null afirmations bc every character would be new at this point. Maybe he means no echoes? Who knows?

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
That makes zero sense. Do you know how long S-E usually takes to complete all the legal measures to licensing their characters to third-parties?
Sakurai already stated that DLC decisions have been done. The contract papers are likely signed and only now are starting development in-game.
What is weird to me is that other DLC characters usually have an artwork to go along with it. Like beans said, it might be the Mewtwo case, but I think it's that bc of how recent they actually closed the deal. S-E having been approached by Nintendo to relicense Cloud would mean they also had talks about DLC (I mean, why go through the hussle twice when you're already there dealing with the company in the first place?). And knowing S-E, they can be quick with their renders and arts (renders, not games pls, everyone knows how their engines working in their games is a whole other story). I was expecting an artwork if the character was decided before E3, that's what I mean.

He said they would be "entirely new characters". Take that as you will. Some are seeing this as new series, others as basically null afirmations bc every character would be new at this point. Maybe he means no echoes? Who knows?
We already knew none of the fighters pass characters are going to be echoes. I think Reggie is being obvious, "Everyone is here!" so nobody is returning and every DLC character will be a newcomer; if the character is not from a new franchise, at most I could see someone whose franchise is in Smash but the character themselves never appeared in Smash any any way, shape or form.

And if it wasn't for this whole list thing I would have not expected another SE character to join for a long time.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think Reggie's statement simply meant "no echoes" or "characters that feel new/new movesets."

According to Fatmanonice, Sephiroth is now on the same level as Sora according to insider circles, so I guess the SE character will be Geno, Dragon Quest, or Crono. Geno is apparently heard regularly, although I'm sure the others are as well.

Of course, Joker probably threw leakers and insiders out the window.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I think Reggie's statement simply meant "no echoes" or "characters that feel new/new movesets."

According to Fatmanonice, Sephiroth is now on the same level as Sora according to insider circles, so I guess the SE character will be Geno, Dragon Quest, or Crono.

Even without bias; I still really struggle to see Nintendo getting over all the legal roadblocks for Dragon Quest.

Would the profit they reap even be worth it? They've got to split that like, four ways, don't they?

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
At this point, I don't think legal roadblocks should be a real concern for either a Dragon Quest or Kingdom Hearts character.
In the case of DQ, the composer is very overprotective of his work and outright put MIDIs into the games. In the case of KH, it would require negotiation with the biggest multimedia company in the world.

timbo8

Smash Cadet
In the case of DQ, the composer is very overprotective of his work and outright put MIDIs into the games. In the case of KH, it would require negotiation with the biggest multimedia company in the world.
well for kingdom hearts they say they fine just got make sure Nomura okay with it

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
well for kingdom hearts they say they fine just got make sure Nomura okay with it
They still have to go to Disney for licensing, because the Mickey Mouse logo is a keychain on Sora's keyblade.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
They still have to go to Disney for licensing, because the Mickey Mouse logo is a keychain on Sora's keyblade.
Plus, Square might not get any profit from the Amiibo; I believe Disney legally owns Sora himself, and Square isn't mentioned on Sora merchandise.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Even without bias; I still really struggle to see Nintendo getting over all the legal roadblocks for Dragon Quest.

Would the profit they reap even be worth it? They've got to split that like, four ways, don't they?
A grand total of 7 companies own some aspects of Dragon Quest: Square Enix, Armor Project, Bird Studio, ArtePiazza, Spike Chunsoft, Heartbeat, and Level-5. They would also have to deal with a very stingy composer on top of this,

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
A grand total of 7 companies own some aspects of Dragon Quest: Square Enix, Armor Project, Bird Studio, ArtePiazza, Spike Chunsoft, Heartbeat, and Level-5.
What would be the bare minimum of companies needed to get a DQ character in with at least as much content as Cloud?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
What would be the bare minimum of companies needed to get a DQ character in with at least as much content as Cloud?
ArtePiazza only does CG artwork for the series, while Heartbeat is a defunct company. You would need to go through five companies (SE, Armor Project, Bird Studio, Spike Chunsoft, and Level-5).

timbo8

Smash Cadet
Plus, Square might not get any profit from the Amiibo; I believe Disney legally owns Sora himself, and Square isn't mentioned on Sora merchandise.
Square might not but I think some of the profits will go to Nomura since it his baby after all as for the Mickey keychain Nomura could help sakuari sora a keyblade that speaclity made for smash

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

What do you think?
I think they might have wanted to reveal Joker down the line, but given their warnings about buying the Fighter Pass, Sakurai not being involved, and the headliner being a Plant, maybe the Fighter Pass wasn’t selling as well and they figured they’d give a little taste.

D

Deleted member

I think they might have wanted to reveal Joker down the line, but given their warnings about buying the Fighter Pass, Sakurai not being involved, and the headliner being a Plant, maybe the Fighter Pass wasn’t selling as well and they figured they’d give a little taste.
This could be the case. Although, the trailer would probably take at least a couple months to make I think, but they may have just planned to drop the same trailer in a Direct or something whenever they felt like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Pretty much. If they want to make it work, they'll make it work.
However, it's quite difficult. The rights to Dragon Quest are divided across 5 different companies and the composer is heavily overprotective of his work. And, for Kingdom Hearts, the team would have to go through licensing deals with the biggest media corporation on the planet.

KidCham

Smash Apprentice
you know, it could be 2B from Nier Automata
no leaker was aware of Joker despite being the very first DLC

why the list of 7 characters from square would be true then ?

At this state, 2B is one of the most reasonable bet, not only she's recent, popular and also a cross-over character, she is also easy to get through licensing
Also the music is very interesting to bring as well as a stage.

Since the Joker announcement, i started to feel it's going to be 2B. I'm not a pro 2B from Nier Automata since i didn't even play the game, but she feels exactly in the same situation as Joker from Persona 5, and they could bring the game on switch.

I think it's dead for dragon quest, sephiroth, and chrono
Sephiroth would bring little to smash since Cloud already brought so few with him
Dragon Quest is way too hard
Chrono is not only hard but also too old, his serie is dead

When you confront Geno and 2B, you have Geno from a very old game with no sequel nor futur, a bit popular among boomers
and 2B, a recent game, still talked about, have a futur, as easy to get as Geno, way more popular among zoomers and Japan

Plus

Sakurai liked the game (i know it's a meme now) but Yoko Taro wants to put the game on switch, he said it during E3

Also she is totally unexpected

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
you know, it could be 2B from Nier Automata
no leaker was aware of Joker despite being the very first DLC

why the list of 7 characters from square would be true then ?

At this state, 2B is one of the most reasonable bet, not only she's recent, popular and also a cross-over character, she is also easy to get through licensing
Also the music is very interesting to bring as well as a stage.

Since the Joker announcement, i started to feel it's going to be 2B. I'm not a pro 2B from Nier Automata since i didn't even play the game, but she feels exactly in the same situation as Joker from Persona 5, and they could bring the game on switch.

I think it's dead for dragon quest, sephiroth, and chrono
Sephiroth would bring little to smash since Cloud already brought so few with him
Dragon Quest is way too hard
Chrono is not only hard but also too old, his serie is dead

When you confront Geno and 2B, you have Geno from a very old game with no sequel nor futur, a bit popular among boomers
and 2B, a recent game, still talked about, have a futur, as easy to get as Geno, way more popular among zoomers and Japan

Plus

Sakurai liked the game (i know it's a meme now) but Yoko Taro wants to put the game on switch, he said it during E3

Also she is totally unexpected
My problem is that this kind of sinks into double dipping; leasing out 2B to two SEPARATE fighting games kind of makes her draw....lessened, if you get what I mean.

KidCham

Smash Apprentice
My problem is that this kind of sinks into double dipping; leasing out 2B to two SEPARATE fighting games kind of makes her draw....lessened, if you get what I mean.
they are unrelated, not on the same consoles, and not towards the same public
Also Namco Bandai is as much on Tekken 7 as it is on Smash as they made it

Soooo... They kinda already got the rights once for 2B, they can get it twice with Nintendo and she wouldn't be played the same at all

And my last argument, a bit weird but you have to take it into consideration, DLC will need, or have a female character for variations purpose, smash games tend to have more and more female characters, and ultimate added many as well

Last DLCs got Bayonetta
This batch of DLC will get one at the very least

Last edited:

-Coco-

Smash Ace
However, it's quite difficult. The rights to Dragon Quest are divided across 5 different companies and the composer is heavily overprotective of his work. And, for Kingdom Hearts, the team would have to go through licensing deals with the biggest media corporation on the planet.
This isn't true. It's only 3(4 if you count the composer.) No one owns the rights to DQ but Yuji Horii. The other studios are simply where the games were developed. And those were all under the supervision of Yuji's company. That's like saying Rareware owns Donkey Kong.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This isn't true. It's only 3(4 if you count the composer.) No one owns the rights to DQ but Yuji Horii. The other studios are simply where the games were developed. And those were all under the supervision of Yuji's company. That's like saying Rareware owns Donkey Kong.
But, the composer is still an issue.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I thought about this myself... It's quite hard to find all the info about who owns the rights to DQ. Thanks for clarifying.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
Yeah, I thought about this myself... It's quite hard to find all the info about who owns the rights to DQ. Thanks for clarifying.
You're welcome. Armor Games has always had exclusive rights and until DQX they always developed games at other companies (Level 5, Heartbeat etc). Now everything is in-house at SE.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896

According to Fatmanonice, Sephiroth is now on the same level as Sora according to insider circles, so I guess the SE character will be Geno, Dragon Quest, or Crono. Geno is apparently heard regularly, although I'm sure the others are as well.

I’m not trying to be disrespectful in what I’m about to say just honest. As I have a lot of respect for the two individuals in question, and I genuinely believe they are trying to get all the details surrounding the Square Rep. That being said, a lot of what Fatmanonice and Polar relied on was Vergeben and his sources. It’s been proven Vergeben was being fed false info by Square. As he said “A Square Enix character will be the first DLC released for the fighter pass released for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!” All insiders including Fatmannonice said no DLC at the game awards, he even said he and Polar had received insider info that there was no information on DLC. And that it was 98% chance there would be no DLC at the game awards.
This is a quote from Polar Panda prior to The Game Awards “Now that we're just 3 hours away from VGAs, I've gotta admit that I couldn't get any Smash info. My source nor anybody else I've contacted has any idea about Smash news at the VGAs.” Here is a quote from Fatmannonice prior to the game awards “98% chance it's not Smash. Polar Panda's source was either given an electronic or physical newsletter with full blown pictures that hinted the VGAs with about as much subtly as a brick to the face. Curve balls are possible but I advise unclenching your buttcheeks for the time being because it doesn't seem likely based on the hints”.

And yet we got a DLC, and one from Persona 5 no less. No one saw this coming not leakers not insiders no one. Right now I would not trust any leaks when it comes to Square. It seems way too suspicious we have leaks regarding a “Square character” yet no leaks regarding KH3 that comes out way before. Also Square has been proven many times to not let info leak, no one as far as I know knew Cloud was coming in Smash Wii U. Similarly no one knew Noctis or 2B were coming to their cross over games. So why is it we have so much info regarding Square this time? Unless they were on purpose leaking false intel. To send fans on a wild goose chase while they continue working on the real character. Like you said Joker threw leakers and insiders out the window. Right now DLC is basically anyone's game.

And lets keep in mind following the logic of Amiibo's, Square gets no profits from Sora toys or products and yet they continue to partner with Disney on making KH games. Also we are not sure if they get no profit, its possible they would receive some. And if they don't Square has been shown to be ok with this as they continue to partner with Disney not just in KH, but in making a new Avengers game.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

No disrespect to Fatmanonice or PolarPanda (mainly Fatmanonice though since PolarPanda takes a much more neutral stance), but I don't trust an ounce of what they say at this point.

Nintendo have proven themselves capable of spreading convincing misinformation by convincing every insider that we'd get Metroid Prime Trilogy and 4 at The Game Awards and no Smash announcements and that we'd get the Square Enix rep first, and then jebaiting them with Joker in Smash Bros. I'd throw the list of characters and any claims of their's out the window because nobody knows who it is or isn't at this point.
But, the composer is still an issue.
Not really.

Instead of orchestral tracks we just get midis. Is it disappointing? Yeah, but Sugiyama's a non-issue.

Anyways, I've got a large speculation post on the way arguing for every Square Enix character, so look forward to that I guess.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon I hear a lot of people saying Square would not get profits from Amiibo's is this true or just assumptions? Because I see a lot of Kingdom Hearts product, and while it does not say Square Enix. It seems unlikely Square is not getting something from these sales, otherwise they would not continue to partner with Disney. Also there are Sora and Kingdom Hearts figurines and product on the Square Enix store. If they were not making any profit, why would they be selling this on their own website? I wanted to get your's and Nekoo Nekoo opinion on this or if you two knew anything about it, as I see this defense against Sora being thrown around a lot.

Square Enix Store Link
https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/search?p=sora

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon I hear a lot of people saying Square would not get profits from Amiibo's is this true or just assumptions? Because I see a lot of Kingdom Hearts product, and while it does not say Square Enix. It seems unlikely Square is not getting something from these sales, otherwise they would not continue to partner with Disney. Also there are Sora and Kingdom Hearts figurines and product on the Square Enix store. If they were not making any profit, why would they be selling this on their own website? I wanted to get your's and Nekoo Nekoo opinion on this or if you two knew anything about it, as I see this defense against Sora being thrown around a lot.

Square Enix Store Link
https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/search?p=sora
I'm under the assumption that the items sold on Square Enix's website are a part of special Square Enix series and are exceptions. That being said, Disney's gentlemen rule with Square Enix likely allows for them to sell and make profits off of most of the official Kingdom Hearts merchandise.

The amiibo argument is nothing more than a hypothetical that means little, as we have no clue how those negotiations would play out. Since the amiibo brand is its own thing I imagine there would negotiations as to who gets x amount, and Disney and Square Enix could both get money if they wanted. I doubt Square would throw things away for a ****ing amiibo though lol.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I'm under the assumption that the items sold on Square Enix's website are a part of special Square Enix series and are exceptions. That being said, Disney's gentlemen rule with Square Enix likely allows for them to sell and make profits off of most of the official Kingdom Hearts merchandise.

The amiibo argument is nothing more than a hypothetical that means little, as we have no clue how those negotiations would play out. Since the amiibo brand is its own thing I imagine there would negotiations as to who gets x amount, and Disney and Square Enix could both get money if they wanted. I doubt Square would throw things away for a ****ing amiibo though lol.

Agree, I really doubt Disney would not allow Square to make profits off of Amiibo's if Sora gets in. I mean Disney does not want to ruin the relationship they have with Square over a line of game/toy products. I am under the impression Square does make some money off of KH product, otherwise its unlikely they would have continued their partnership with Disney. After all we have seen time and time again Square wants to make money, and they will make deals that make them the most money. So I do not see them being happy with not receiving anything on KH merchandise, its likely they are receiving some sort of percentage of sales.

I am pretty sure the deal Disney and Square already have about KH merchandise, would just roll over with the Amiibo's except now they also would share sales with Nintendo. I think people underestimate Bob Iger who is the CEO of Disney. He has shown many times to go to great lengths to secure a deal, we saw this with the Disney Fox merger. He has been behind the helm of every recent Disney acquisition Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilms, and of course Fox . He has also been the one to cause big changes in Disney structuring. So I am sure he would find a way to make the Amiibo's work with all parties involved, because he has literally made bigger deals succeed.

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
I’m not trying to be disrespectful in what I’m about to say just honest. A lot of what Fatmanonice and Polar relied on was Vergeben and his sources. It’s been proven Vergeben was being fed false info by Square. As he said he was sure the first DLC character was going to be a Square one. All insiders including Fatmannonice said no DLC at the game awards, he even said he and Polar had received insider info there was no DLC at the game awards.
This is a quote from Polar Panda prior to The Game Awards “Now that we're just 3 hours away from VGAs, I've gotta admit that I couldn't get any Smash info. My source nor anybody else I've contacted has any idea about Smash news at the VGAs.” Here is a quote from Fatmannonice prior to the game awards “98% chance it's not Smash. Polar Panda's source was either given an electronic or physical newsletter with full blown pictures that hinted the VGAs with about as much subtly as a brick to the face. Curve balls are possible but I advise unclenching your buttcheeks for the time being because it doesn't seem likely based on the hints”.

And yet we got a DLC, and one from Persona 5 no less. No one saw this coming not leakers not insiders no one. Right now I would not trust any leaks when it comes to Square. It seems way too suspicious we have leaks regarding a “Square character” yet no leaks regarding KH3 that comes out way before. Also Square has been proven many times to not let info leak, no one as far as I know knew Cloud was coming in Smash Wii U. Similarly no one knew Noctis or 2B were coming to their cross over games. So why is it we have so much info regarding Square this time? Unless they were on purpose leaking false intel. To send fans on a wild goose chase while they continue working on the real character. Like you said Joker threw leakers and insiders out the window. Right now DLC is basically anyone's game.

And lets keep in mind following the logic of Amiibo's, Square gets no profits from Sora toys or products and yet they continue to partner with Disney on making KH games. Also we are not sure if they get no profit, its possible they would receive some. And if they don't Square has been shown to be ok with this as they continue to partner with Disney not just in KH, but in making a new Avengers game.
Didn't Cloud leak by a riddle that Tansut made?

"Luke Skywalker, Bespin stage"
Blonde Protagonist, "Cloud" city

Yeah its vague and I would discard it as vague enough to be anyone, but Tansut knew of Cloud's release date.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/nint...ember-12-over.1138052/page-112#post-185219444
To coincide with the December launch of Episode VII, the beloved blonde protagonist Luke Skywalker will be revealed, along with a Bespin stage.

Or something along those lines.
Star Wars Episode VII released in December 14
Cloud was released as DLC in December 15

Addendum: While the "release date leak" was in the same day as the announcement of Cloud in the 12/11, if you follow the pages, you can see that Cloud was only announced in the page 152:
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/nint...ember-12-over.1138052/page-152#post-185231147

Extra: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/nint...ember-12-over.1138052/page-129#post-185223947
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/nint...ember-12-over.1138052/page-152#post-185231267
Tansut teasing before and after

Also, pretty sure Monster Inc world leaked when someone released pictures of a beta version of it that broke out of the SE circle.
https://gamerant.com/kingdom-hearts-new-world-leak/

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Didn't Cloud leak by a riddle that Tansut made?

"Luke Skywalker, Bespin stage"
Blonde Protagonist, "Cloud" city

Yeah its vague and I would discard it as vague enough to be anyone, but Tansut knew of Cloud's release date.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/nint...ember-12-over.1138052/page-112#post-185219444
That’s extremely vague, that could easily be a guess. Had he outright said Cloud will be in Smash or if he couldn’t say that because he would get caught, he could say Square Enix Rep coming very soon.

By those lines anyone can claim that. If I said this before the VGA’s, Jokers are Wild, Smash is Wild, Jokers are unpredictable. Would you say I leaked something? Or that I was fooling around with the idea it could happen? And my scenario at least has the word Smash involved. That leak mentioned is so vague it could be relating to almost anything. Also in that link sent he said prediction, that could have been him guessing not leaking.

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
That’s extremely vague, that could easily be a guess. Had he outright said Cloud will be in Smash or if he couldn’t say that because he would get caught, he could say Square Enix Rep coming very soon.

By those lines anyone can claim that. If I said this before the VGA’s, Jokers are Wild, Smash is Wild, Jokers are unpredictable. Would you say I leaked something? Or that I was fooling around with the idea it could happen? And my scenario at least has the word Smash involved. That leak mentioned is so vague it could be relating to almost anything. Also in that link sent he said prediction, that could have been him guessing not leaking.
srry posted before I had finshed

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
srry posted before I had finshed
So the TeHee that he posted still does not reveal he leaked it. I really need to stress that there are so many people in the world who will claim credit for things they did not intentionally do. It’s possible he made a guess, then once it came true passed it off as a leak, or a confirmation he was right. I still think he did what he said in the original post, he made a prediction and it came true, but that does not mean he leaked it.

As for the Monster world thing in KH3,while I agree that’s a leak to a degree. It’s not something major like what has been going on concerning the Square Rep. We have had people saying they know an exact list of characters discussed at negotiations. We have had people say someone approached them with a Linkedin profile of a Square employee. Saying Sora was immediately dismissed and that his creators rallied in support of him, but they still turned him down. We have had people say they have inside information they know it will be a DQ character as the Square pick. Or they heard from many insiders that Geno is the one that seems most likely or in some cases depending on the leak unlikely. All of this is so much bigger than pictures of a world leak. Because now we are leaking business decisions, we are leaking employee reactions, and we are leaking high classified information regarding who was talked about or considered. That would have happen in very private meetings that would most likely be between the boards of both companies and the game directors.

That being said yes they did let KH3’s surprise of Monster World get leaked with some images of unfinished gameplay, so I will admit Square has at least messed up once.

Last edited:

timbo8

Smash Cadet
after that monster inc leak i dont blame them jeez they were upset about it when khisider saw the leak they called square to see of it real ob noy werent happy

Top Bottom