• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SplaTube - Video & Critique Thread - 13 Videos Addes ~ 12/11/18

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367

SplaTube - VIDEO LIBRARY & CRITIQUES
Welcome! Please read the Thread Guidelines before posting!
Thank you!

Videos posted here are subject to community critique.
All library videos will be organized into the following categories:
When posting a video link please write down the player names, the opponent characters, the date that it was recorded, and any other important notes about the video (such as the round of a Tournament and name of a Tournament, Format, Series, or Tutorial).
Example: Wishes vs Jakal - 12/7/18 - Code Name B-Airs 165:ultpokemontrainer:Grand Finals
So, without further delay...

Most Recent Uploads

1 VS. 1

Teams

Other Competition Level Footage

Previous Versions
1 VS. 1
1 VS. 1

Teams

Other Competition Level Footage

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367

Non-Combat Videos and Additional Resources
Knowledge is power. Take a look around and enjoy the new powers.
Thank you!

Guides
How to Unlock Inkling - 12/7/18 - Allgamesplayed
I figured out how to get inkling. it's my first character unlock in super smash bros ultimate for Nintendo Switch

Inkling Comprehensive Guide - 12/7/18 - NAKAT
Here is a guide on how to play Inklings in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

Glitches

Combo videos
Inkling Training Mode Combos - 12/6/18 - Xzax
Smash Ultimate is finally out and the most anticipated character for me was Inkling so in this video I go over some stuff I found in training mode with Inkling after messing around for about an hour or so! I hope you like it.

Advanced Techniques

Analysis videos
Inkling In-Depth Analysis and Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 9/3/18 - Xzax
Hear me break out the moveset and ins and outs of this character in this Analysis video of Inkling in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

Inkling Review - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 6/19/18 - Xzax
In depth review of Inklings move-set, Ink properties, movement options, and the overall feel and design of the character after three days of playtime at E3 2018.

Misc. Videos
Moving with Inkling - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 8/21/18 - Xzax
In this video I just show off Inkling moving around Battlefield, mainly showcasing Dash Dancing, Wave Landing, and how aerials/aerial movement with Inkling looks!

Ink Usage - 12/9/18 - Carls493

Local Guru Libraries

Additional Resources

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367

IMPORTANT NEWS AND INFO
I'll keep you up to date on changes to this thread and anything to do with Inkling news.

12/6/2018
FAir - 10.2%
UAir - hit 1 4.5%, hit 2 8.7%, full
UAir 13.2%
BAir - 9.0%
DAir sweet spot - 14.4% , sourspot 12.2%
NAir - 7.1% going into them, body to body NAir does 8.4%
————————-
Jab - 1, 2 each 2.4%, rapid jab 12.6% (also inks at the end)
Pummel - 1.5%
————————-
Neutral B - without ink, 1.5%, 0.2% per hit
Side B - 13.2%
Down B - uncharged 10.4%, fully charged, 16.8%
Up B - initial hit box/landing hitbox, 9.6%
————————-
Fthrow - 10.4%
Bthrow - 10.8%
Dthrow - 8.4%
UThrow - 7.2%
————————-
Fsmash - 16.8%
Usmash - 2 hit, 22-23%, first hit always 4.3% (you’ll see why first hit always varies between the two)
DSmash - front hit 15.2%, back hit 10.9%
————————-
Ftilt - 10.8%
Dtilt - 3.6% first hit, 7.2% second hit
Utilt - 7.2%
————————-
Inked Fair - 18.0%
Inked BAir - 18.0%
Inked NAir - 10.7%
Inked UAir - 16.8%
Inked DAir - 21.6%
————————-
Inked Fsmash - 25.2%
Inked DSmash - 22.6%, back hit 20%
Inked USmash - 34.8%, 7.3% first hit
————————-
Inked Pummel - 2.3%
Inked Fthrow - 14.4%
Inked Dthrow - 12.6%
Inked UThrow - 10.8%
Inked Bthrow - 16.2%
————————-
Inked Ftilt - 16.2%
Inked Dtilt - 16.2%
Inked Utilt - 10.8%
Inked Rapid Jab - 3.6% 1st/2nd hit, 18.1% full
————————-
Inked side b - 19.8%
Inked Up B - first/second hit 14.4%
Inked Down B - 15.2%, fully charged 25.2%
3/8/2018
Inkling Confirmed to be returning to Super Smash Bros. in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, set for release on 12/7/18

Last edited:
Hey, really good stuff! The formatting is very simple yet attractive and this will no doubt be a useful resource for years to come. Thank you!

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
One - I'm sure I missed some videos out there. If you see any that you think I should add please feel free to let me know. Once the game is out for a little bit I'll probably delete these early videos that weren't actual competitive content, but for now I think we should gather what we can. Other than that small request I hope you enjoy!

Two - As you can see at the bottom of this comment, I have set up a spot for individuals to promote their Inkling content. If you want added to the list of additional resources just let us know what kind of content you will be providing, where we can find it, maybe when to expect it, and anything else you want to let us know. If you will just have occassional content you're stuff will probably land in a subcategory but if you will have a dedicated Inkling source you will likely end up under, "Local Guru Libraries".

Three - This is a meant to be a place of learning and growing as Inkling Mains. Please feel free to leave any constructive criticisms you deem are due for any videos shared here.

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Good game Joe. I look forward to your future uploads. When you post that analysis definitely let us know so we can get that on here as well.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
got 3 videos (4 matches total) from me playing inkling in 1v1 scenario at the best buy event.

wanna post them, but the opponents didnt agree on the "Gentlemen Rule" with no items/final smash so its a bit chaotic with items.
okay to post them anyway?

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
got 3 videos (4 matches total) from me playing inkling in 1v1 scenario at the best buy event.

wanna post them, but the opponents didnt agree on the "Gentlemen Rule" with no items/final smash so its a bit chaotic with items.
okay to post them anyway?
Absolutely. If you want to share it then go for it. Right now a big part of the game footage is making first impressions and gaining more info about Inkling's moveset, etc.

When the actual game is released obviously there will be a lot more competitive level content and that is what we most want, but I think there can still be a place for casual footage. This thread serves as a library as well as a critique thread so there's always the option of getting useful feedback from the community if you want it.

^ It'll probably get removed once more true competitive footage is out going off of OP, but I see no harm in it for right now.

-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3AHZB5cbqk

Tweek (:ultdk:) vs Cosmos (:ultinkling:) - 1v1 For Glory (3 stocks/itemless) - TBH8 demo (October 8th, 2018)
Thanks. I just saw a few videos from that demo show up on youtube today. When the actual game comes out I think I may need to add a rule about adding videos that are not of ourselves. I'm thinking only post your own videos or those of sponsored professionals. What do you (anyone reading this) think of that rule?

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Last edited:

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
So we finally got footage of inklings in a 1v1 in the final build.
Looks like splattershot doesn’t ink the ground, which is disappointing. Also, you can clearly see that Inkling takes damage while swimming while Falco does not.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Thanks folks. I'll be adding these very soon.

Update: Added the videos and split the demo version content from the full-game version. I'll later split off the videos for after game release.

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Awesome stuff! Inkling is looking top of the pack right now with a couple tournaments already spotlighting them in the Grand Finals.

I added a lot of content to the OP and tried to organize the non-combat videos a little more. Damage info is in the Info and News section as well.

BTW: VoiD's Pichu looks really good right now.

Last edited:

Muramishi

Smash Rookie
Oh wow, looks like Inkling already has some representation.

Well then, here's a combo video showcasing some of what Inkling can do:

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Would song videos be allowed here too? I'm working on an original Splatoon song.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
It would be better to post that on the pinned Social thread (and maybe crossposted to/from Squidboards).
Oh, okay! Thanks! I didn't know Squidboards was a thing, I'll have to look into that!

Top Bottom