• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Splatoon General - Splatoon 3 out Sep 9th

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Nice that we get to more freely customize the Inklings the male hairoptions are generally either slightly worse or too weird for me in the octolings case!
I do hope that noa doesnt conivince Japanese mnintendo to drop Genders seems weird to remove content they already did it with american ACNH!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Nice that we get to more freely customize the Inklings the male hairoptions are generally either slightly worse or too weird for me in the octolings case!
I do hope that noa doesnt conivince Japanese mnintendo to drop Genders seems weird to remove content they already did it with american ACNH!
they have

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Here’s a question: anyone know how popular a character judd is? Just a thought that came when I was trying out the hat

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I think people like him well enough, plus he's got an iconic enough face to warrant the Mii hat. Everyone likes a good ol' fashioned grumpycat!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think people like him well enough, plus he's got an iconic enough face to warrant the Mii hat. Everyone likes a good ol' fashioned grumpycat!
ive never thought of him as grumpy. but thinking about it hes not given much characterization. certainly the advice he always gives out doesnt make him seem grumpy

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I hope we get less weird male/neutral type octoling hair in splatoon 3! nothing against afro but a species who has tentacles on their head should have tentacles on their head!
and to be fair lets give us one weird Female type hair!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I hope we get less weird male/neutral type octoling hair in splatoon 3! nothing against afro but a species who has tentacles on their head should have tentacles on their head!
and to be fair lets give us one weird Female type hair!
well with the concept of genders abandoned in favour of making a character however you please with no restrictions based on gender the terms male and female hair are now redundant

Oracle Link

Smash Master
well with the concept of genders abandoned in favour of making a character however you please with no restrictions based on gender the terms male and female hair are now redundant
Thats why i said Type! i mean one "girly hair" and one neutral/Boyish one!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
ah but you see the idea of hair be girly, boyish or neutral goes against what there going for
?????? Just because you acn chosse each hair style and other stuff you want does not mean they abandon the Concept of equal ammounts of neutral/Girly hair just look at animal Crossing! i want to try out a Octoling (yeah i know they are just a bodytype now) with a Hair style i would like to wear!

So Do i need to be more Specific or did you finnally Understand it?
If not im gonna rip my Hair Out! (Also to clarifiy that was a Joke)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
?????? Just because you acn chosse each hair style and other stuff you want does not mean they abandon the Concept of equal ammounts of neutral/Girly hair just look at animal Crossing! i want to try out a Octoling (yeah i know they are just a bodytype now) with a Hair style i would like to wear!

So Do i need to be more Specific or did you finnally Understand it?
If not im gonna rip my Hair Out! (Also to clarifiy that was a Joke)
im afraid you’re the one missing the point. Splatoon is no longer ascribing gender to any of the character creation and therefore there is no girly hair only hair that used to belong to the girls

Oracle Link

Smash Master
im afraid you’re the one missing the point. Splatoon is no longer ascribing gender to any of the character creation and therefore there is no girly hair only hair that used to belong to the girls
I know and i told you so multiple times! You know what forget it!

(My god do i hate it to have these Conversations over and over and over and over again! I dont get how some can take offense to having "boyish" hair in the game just because its "boyish" doesnt mean girls cant wear it "Boyish" like he/She or any other descrptive words has 0 to do with emotions or any other things they are descrptive words that exist only to make it easier to Converse! And before Anyone says Sexist To me please Look at the post above me!
i did NOT start any Conflict So i guess i wont post here again anytime soon because Obviously saying Boyish/neutral/girly Hair is a Grave Offense Worthy of me Being Swarmed By a bunch Of people! (and yeah i know that until now only one person was involved!)

Also im still pretty calm so that good so bye!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I know and i told you so multiple times! You know what forget it!

(My god do i hate it to have these Conversations over and over and over and over again! I dont get how some can take offense to having "boyish" hair in the game just because its "boyish" doesnt mean girls cant wear it "Boyish" like he/She or any other descrptive words has 0 to do with emotions or any other things they are descrptive words that exist only to make it easier to Converse! And before Anyone says Sexist To me please Look at the post above me!
i did NOT start any Conflict So i guess i wont post here again anytime soon because Obviously saying Boyish/neutral/girly Hair is a Grave Offense Worthy of me Being Swarmed By a bunch Of people! (and yeah i know that until now only one person was involved!)

Also im still pretty calm so that good so bye!
when did I say I was offended? I’m trying to be respectful of splatoons wish to no longer ascribed gender to things and leave it to the player.
It’s not that hard to understand: people often don’t like being told they look boyish or girlish because of the way it looks. People don’t like being told they look a certain way in a manner not dissimilar to people not liking be expecting to look a certain way because of their gender, race, nationality etc

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace

Going through my Wii U photo backups and found a pic from the Rock/Pop Splatfest from the 1st game. So nostalgic!

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
THIS WILL SOUND LUDICROUS TO ALL OF YOU BUT PLEASE READ THIS ANYWAY:

Remember how Chaos vs. Order was suppsoed to be Splatoon 2's final Splatfest as they outright said, but they surprised us with Mushroom Vs Star later?
I'd really love to see a surprise like that from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate where we get an extra fighter or stage or whatever.
If I were the Splatoon director (which is the Squid Rese-- I mean, Nogami), I'd greatly demand for Sakurai to add in one bonus post-Sora fighter.
That fighter is...
1641095541822.png

OCTOLING, of course!

The concept is Octoling is Inkling's echo and is easier to develop than the non-echo newcomers, especially in the 3rd party category.
Also, there can be a way to get a non-Fighter's Pass Palutena's Guidance without using new clips from the voice actors.
Sometime after Splatoon 3's release, we can download Octoling after updating Splatoon 3 to a certain version or higher.
The DLC support for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate may be over now, but I feel SSBU is kinda unfinished.
Whether you think this is possible or not, just don't be too harassing to the developers, but when you think about it: anything is possible.
We demanded that Callie return in Splatoon 2 after being rescued, and our requests were granted.
And there have been cases in video games where updates came when they were supposed to be done with updates.
Though, I must truly admit, this is crazy and may not make a difference.
This character may need to wait until Smash 6, but I made this petition:
Petition · Add Octoling To Super Smash Bros. · Change.org
Since it's likely some characters will be cut later, I'd love for you guys to sign this.
I'd love to see Octoling fight against the most endangered of being out of Smash 6.
Whether you agree with this idea or not, even if you believe this won't happen you won't exactly know what'll happen in the future unless you give it a try.
Please sign my petition, even with high doubt, to attempt to make the impossible possible.
With that, I bid all of us and Octoling good luck.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
THIS WILL SOUND LUDICROUS TO ALL OF YOU BUT PLEASE READ THIS ANYWAY:

Remember how Chaos vs. Order was suppsoed to be Splatoon 2's final Splatfest as they outright said, but they surprised us with Mushroom Vs Star later?
I'd really love to see a surprise like that from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate where we get an extra fighter or stage or whatever.
If I were the Splatoon director (which is the Squid Rese-- I mean, Nogami), I'd greatly demand for Sakurai to add in one bonus post-Sora fighter.
That fighter is...
View attachment 341730
OCTOLING, of course!

The concept is Octoling is Inkling's echo and is easier to develop than the non-echo newcomers, especially in the 3rd party category.
Also, there can be a way to get a non-Fighter's Pass Palutena's Guidance without using new clips from the voice actors.
Sometime after Splatoon 3's release, we can download Octoling after updating Splatoon 3 to a certain version or higher.
The DLC support for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate may be over now, but I feel SSBU is kinda unfinished.
Whether you think this is possible or not, just don't be too harassing to the developers, but when you think about it: anything is possible.
We demanded that Callie return in Splatoon 2 after being rescued, and our requests were granted.
And there have been cases in video games where updates came when they were supposed to be done with updates.
Though, I must truly admit, this is crazy and may not make a difference.
This character may need to wait until Smash 6, but I made this petition:
Petition · Add Octoling To Super Smash Bros. · Change.org
Since it's likely some characters will be cut later, I'd love for you guys to sign this.
I'd love to see Octoling fight against the most endangered of being out of Smash 6.
Whether you agree with this idea or not, even if you believe this won't happen you won't exactly know what'll happen in the future unless you give it a try.
Please sign my petition, even with high doubt, to attempt to make the impossible possible.
With that, I bid all of us and Octoling good luck.
its over. we missed our shot. nintendo ignore online petitions, regie once said so. just wait until next time splatoon will have grown a lot by then

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
its over. we missed our shot. nintendo ignore online petitions, regie once said so. just wait until next time splatoon will have grown a lot by then
We thought Splatoon 2 was over after Chaos Vs. Order and look what happened.

Plus I want this question to be answered:
"How could they not develop a bonus echo fighter as a Thank You surprise after Sora?"

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
yeah lockdown, and just about everyone was doing things to keep people's spirits up

sakurais stopped
But if Nintendo greatly demands he adds one bonus fighter in there as a promotion or anniversary thing and it's out of his control, he'd have no choice but to do it.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
But if Nintendo greatly demands he adds one bonus fighter in there as a promotion or anniversary thing and it's out of his control, he'd have no choice but to do it.
hes not their robot butler. sakurai was director of the game he had final say on when it ended

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Then how come Splatoon 2 had an extra Splatfest after Chaos vs. Order?
I told you lockdown. Everyone was doing things to keep peoples morale up. Loads of games were doing it

also you seem tohave missed the part where sora was the extra fighter

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
We’ve had a conformation that all previous weapons are returning

no word on sub or special however

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That’s leg wear confirmed. Not sure if it’s an actual extra piece of gear but the customisation options have increased

Top Bottom