• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Splatoon 3 Story Mode Review

Terry Bogard

Smash Apprentice
I don't play Splatoon, but my brother does, and he just completed the story mode, so I'm gonna review it!

IMO, the Alterna Logs were the only real con. I knew Splatoon always took place in a post human world, but the logs took this concept and intensified it. Reading them made me wish I can go back to the "fresher" parts of the game. They were rather depressing. Alterna itself, as a hub world, looks cool, but you don't wanna know it's history. The new Sunken Sea Scrolls were cool 📜

As for the levels and bosses, I can only speak about what I saw, which looked like a fair challenge. They were a nice blend of old and new elements. I also thought the actual story (not the logs/scrolls) was one of the best in the series, almost taking the "best" title away from Splatoon 2's Octo Expansion. None of these, however, are what I think is the best part, and that part is...

Deep Cut! I love these guys! I wish I can talk about them, but this is a (mostly) spoiler free review.

What do you think of the story? Leave your thoughts down below!

Top Bottom