• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Splatoon 3 is now the Best-Selling Video Game of 2022 in Japan

splatoon-3-1662492917051.jpg

With the latest Japan Monthly Report, Splatoon 3 is the best-selling video game in Japan in 2022. [Thanks, Game Data Library!] . The report reveals that Splatoon 3 sold over 2.9 million retail units in September. In less than a month, the sequel surpassed Pokémon Legends: Arceus' 2.29 million retail units. With digital sales included, Splatoon 3 sold over 4 million copies in Japan.

The series has already managed to break other records, including 3.45 million in the first three days, making it the highest domestic sales level for any Nintendo Switch software within the first three days. While the year isn't over, the only domestic game that could take that record Pokémon Scarlet & Violet.

Author's Note: Have you picked up a copy of Splatoon 3? For me, it's most of what I've been playing. Fantastic sequel and I hope they keep improving on it! What are your thoughts on these sales? Let us know in the comments.

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

i hope that dispels any doubt about this being a big franchise for nintendo. i also expect scarlet and violet to take its place

Top Bottom