• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spirits.

D

Deleted member

"Spirits" as it is called currently, is what most people are calling it currently. I have my own personal thoughts on this & what it is, so i'll share that.

For one, I think Spirits is not the new name. I think it would most likely be a beta name for the mode. And the symbol people have shown I believe to be just a prototype that will be brushed up on later. I could easily be proven wrong, but this is simply my opinion. There just is not enough factual evidence to make the conclusion that this mode is what almost all of the Smash Ultimate media is claiming it to be.

As for what I think it will be, I think it is not Subspace "2." As sad as I am to say that, I believe that there just couldn't have been enough development time to properly make something to even remotely follow up on what Subspace was. In fact, my own personal theory as to why Mewtwo & Roy were not added to Brawl is that the Subspace took up so much development time they may have not have had enough time to properly code Mewtwo & Roy into the game or the story, and since we know for fact that Lucario & Ike (While known to be placeholders for a good while after later characters were added into brawl until it was confirmed that they would be there) were put in brawl before Mewtwo & Roy, this COULD have been the reason why. So if it isn't Subspace 2, what could it be?

You probably already guessed, but this will be a Melee adventure mode style, with subspace like cutscene's & boss battles, along with a new name. That is what I believe this will be. And heck, spirits could even be an entirely different mode other than an adventure mode or subspace. I keepmy thoughts open to any options or anything that could happen.

So please let me know, what do you think "Spirits" will be, and if it is a subspace mode, what cool stories do you think they could do? If you think it will be an adventure type mode, what locals would you like to see? Any new features? I'm curious.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I've seen theories that it might not even be a gameplay mode at all and could instead be collectibles. Essentially a replacement for trophies, stickers, and power-ups ( which if i'm not mistaken, we have yet to see any indication that those are returning ), doesn't seem that unlikely to me.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Several of these threads already exist. Sorry.

But like I said before, I think it either says "Subspace" or "Story" and not "Spirits."

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm hoping for an adventure/storymode, with cutscenes rendered in CGi and some rendered in-engine, and the levels mostly being based on franchises.

I've seen theories that it might not even be a gameplay mode at all and could instead be collectibles. Essentially a replacement for trophies, stickers, and power-ups ( which if i'm not mistaken, we have yet to see any indication that those are returning ), doesn't seem that unlikely to me.
This rings a bell; I feel like I heard this from someone who uploaded a YouTube video and claimed to be a leaker, and seemed to have info that turned out legit, but I may be remembering it wrong and he may be wrong anyway (plus I don't even remember what his username was...).

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
But haven’t we already see the trophie icon for the menu? Or was it games and more again

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I don’t think Spirits is the actual name either, but with characters getting murked in trailers, it would make a fitting name though.

D

Deleted member

My joke theory is that Spirits mode is a mode where you raise chibi versions of Smash characters to help them grow stronger in Smash.

But my serious answer would be that I hope it's a new Adventure Mode or something.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Wasn't Vault on the menu though? Why wouldn't collectibles be in there?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
But my serious answer would be that I hope it's a new Adventure Mode or something.
I'm hoping a hybrid of SSE and Adventure. Although it'd be icing on cake if we got both. Spirits (SSE) and Adventure mode.

Last edited:
Top Bottom