• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spirits Ricochet: Oh gosh, it's finally over! And to think, I didn't even play! Pokechu wins again.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
(Also I assumed that no-action = misfire so I'm not sure why the game would be held up as a result. It literally says the default action is misfire if no action is taken).

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm not going to let you take all the blame, I've been really busy with other things and didn't submit an action either. Usually Utop would prod me and then I'd do it, and eventually I became conditioned to it. I'm not super focused on this game so I kinda assumed Utop got really busy, but it has been a week without a phase change which is kinda unprecedented.
alright thanks!!!

HEY EVERYONE!!! YOU CAN BLAME BARD :awesome:

nawwww LOL

I constantly got prodded ngl, I feel bad! A piece of me died each time a new mechanic went over my head

did you guys know that your spirit can be effective based on slots, too??? It took me until like the last phase or two to find that out LOL

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I wonder what the graveyard is talking about

with my 4.5 health I'll find out soon LOL

D

Deleted member

Damn, I knew Smash 4's Witch Time was busted but this is ridiculous

Alice Phantasma

Smash Apprentice
This game is reminding me of my game that got so complicated it took me a week to process every phase.

And burnout.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
This game is reminding me of my game that got so complicated it took me a week to process every phase.

And burnout.
That’s fair. This was an ambitious game and burnout is likely when it gets so complex.

Not to kick the man while he’s down (assuming this is the narrative) but he should at least tell everyone what’s going on...personally I don’t mind too much since I’m not very invested (accounting is ruff so it’s hard for me to focus-in on a game these days) but I’m sure others are actually waiting for their actions to resolve.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Pokechu Pokechu Pyra Pyra @Shishœ Moydow Moydow @ShinyLegendary BarDulL BarDulL @JDCabrera #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu @Zeke The Zekenator Jojalole Jojalole Z25 Z25 Alice Phantasma Alice Phantasma Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku @ShotoStar

Phase over.

As much as you all were looking forward to continuing, this game will be postponed for quite some time. It isn't anybody's fault. Yes, I was really ambitious with this. No, I'm not disappearing just because the game was "too much", because it wasn't. Everything else was too much and I was trying to cram the game in on the side. And just like that, we have ourselves a mighty fine coincidence, however deadly it may be. I think I'm taking a break for a while (surprising, right?).

Sorry to disappoint you all, but I must withdraw for a while. Academics slipping, relationships slipping, family-life slipping... damn, I thought slides were fun. Anyway, don't feel sorry for me, I'm pathetic as is. Instead, bash me for ruining your people's game and wasting your time. A piece of **** like me kind of deserves it, eh?

Don't worry, I still kept you all in mind. DO NOT SHARE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR ROLE! I am reaching out to somebody who may be able to take my spot as the host while I am absent. It may be for the rest of the game.

I am remarkably calm, which surprises even myself. Don't worry, despite my mannerisms, I am currently devastatingly sad (but you all can't know that).

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I'm not sure I agree with that, I feel like after a certain point it's the player's fault if they don't submit their action in time and the host shouldn't do something like delay the game for it, but whatever, that's just another thing to be discussed after the game is done.
Yeah that was kind of brain-dead on my end. The phase actually ended a few days ago (back when I sent my last message before these two), and I got all the results. I just never evaluated and posted them. However, I turned off my anonymity and you all can see my last view date now! It shouldn't be for a while though.

D

Deleted member

No worries mate, personal issues are more important. Thanks for hosting.

D

Deleted member

Don't sweat about it, just glad you could share this. Take your time with whatever is going on, a forum game shouldn't take priority anyways

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
snip snip snippity

snippity snip snip

FEAT. Snip and Clip

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
If you give me a few days to read up on the rules and the current game status, I suppose I could try and take over?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokechu Pokechu Pyra Pyra @Shishœ Moydow Moydow @ShinyLegendary BarDulL BarDulL @JDCabrera #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu @Zeke The Zekenator Jojalole Jojalole Z25 Z25 Alice Phantasma Alice Phantasma Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku @ShotoStar

Phase over.

As much as you all were looking forward to continuing, this game will be postponed for quite some time. It isn't anybody's fault. Yes, I was really ambitious with this. No, I'm not disappearing just because the game was "too much", because it wasn't. Everything else was too much and I was trying to cram the game in on the side. And just like that, we have ourselves a mighty fine coincidence, however deadly it may be. I think I'm taking a break for a while (surprising, right?).

Sorry to disappoint you all, but I must withdraw for a while. Academics slipping, relationships slipping, family-life slipping... damn, I thought slides were fun. Anyway, don't feel sorry for me, I'm pathetic as is. Instead, bash me for ruining your people's game and wasting your time. A piece of **** like me kind of deserves it, eh?

Don't worry, I still kept you all in mind. DO NOT SHARE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR ROLE! I am reaching out to somebody who may be able to take my spot as the host while I am absent. It may be for the rest of the game.

I am remarkably calm, which surprises even myself. Don't worry, despite my mannerisms, I am currently devastatingly sad (but you all can't know that).
Don’t beat yourself up over it. I don’t know what’s going on but don’t hold your head low, hold it high. You were fine as a host and haven’t done anything wrong. I’m sure your self irl can be sorted out just fine too.
You just gotta give yourself more credit. I hope you can work things out and get to a better mindstate. Just improve your actions rather then take pitty on them or yourself. I’m sure you can feel a little better then.

Thank you for your dedication in hosting.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Phase over.

I tell this to people on the forums, smasher Irl or just in general to coworkers.

Take care of yourself first and foremost, make sure you are A-Ok.

Take care of yourself it’s more important than anything else.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
PHASE 11 RESULTS

STANDARD:
Pyra: Misfire
ShinyLegendary: Misfire
BarDulL: Shoots Self (...but nobody shot BarDulL… BarDulL endures 1 damage)
JDCabrera: Misfire
Red Ryu: Shoots Air
Zeke the Zekenator
: Misfire
Jojalole: Shoots Alice Phantasma (Alice Phantasma endures 0.5 damage)
Z25: Shoots Air
Alice Phantasma
: Shoots Jojalole (but no damage is dealt)
Smashing Ramen: Shoots Self (...but nobody shot Smashing Ramen... Smashing Ramen endures 1 damage)
ShotoStar: Misfire

PRIMARY:
Chain Chomp unleashes an ultimate attack against Jojalole and their party! It bypasses their defenses! (An attack hits! Jojalole endures 0 damage) (An attack misses) (An attack hits! Jojalole suffers 2 damage and Lyn is DEFEATED)
Dry Bowser forces everybody who attacks a specific player to be redirected to Z25 (but nobody attacked the player, so it was all for naught)
Ephraim performs their primary attack on Z25; but both players equipped the same type! (Z25 endures 1 damage)

SUPPORT:

Celeste forces Red Ryu to be enterred into this Market Competition
Great Zapfish gives a player +3 defense
Halberd makes an attack do +1 damage and the attacker take half damage (Jojalole endures 1 damage and Rayman is DEFEATED)
Soren makes an attack do +1 damage (Z25 suffers 1 damage and Mr. L is DEFEATED)

==============================

Remaining Health:

Pokechu Pokechu : 4.5/16
Pyra Pyra : 5.5/16
@Shishœ: 10/24
Moydow Moydow : 6/16
@ShinyLegendary: 5/16
BarDulL BarDulL : 5.5/16
@JDCabrera: 4/12
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu : 4/12
@Zeke The Zekenator: 3/12
Jojalole Jojalole : 3/12
Z25 Z25 : 2/12
Alice Phantasma Alice Phantasma : 6.5/16
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku : 2.5/12
@ShotoStar: 3.5/12

Item Results:

Smashing Ramen walks away as the winner of this phase’s vote, earning themselves the Stunned Speechless with 4 votes! Congratulations! Also, ShinyLegendary and Jojalole (and Red Ryu) are eligible for the market spirit, Mach Rider!

Additionally, JDCabrera, Z25, Smashing Ramen, and Jojalole enter a mandatory spirit fight... Smashing Ramen exits victorious! Smashing Ramen unlocks Ronin A0 (0.5/4)!

(Z25, and Jojalole endure 1 damage, and JDC suffers 1 damage and Solgaleo is DEFEATED)

Items up for grabs. To vote for somebody to receive an item say "Vote: Player" in the thread. Each person only has one vote to use. You may not vote for yourself. Everybody is eligible for this item. Instead of only the person with the most votes getting the item, the top 50% of the players with votes will receive this item. (If 6 people are voted for, only 3 will get the item.)

Necropebbles (Usage)

Specify a spirit to resurrect with (1/4) HP. You may not resurrect your own spirits, nor those who voted for you

This is the final item available in the game. Everybody who exits this phase without an item will receive this in compensation:

Pity (Instant)

You cannot take damage the phase you receive this

Phase 12 ends on April 21st at 9:00 PM EST​

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
PHASE 11 RESULTS

STANDARD:
Pyra: Misfire
ShinyLegendary: Misfire
BarDulL: Shoots Self (...but nobody shot BarDulL… BarDulL endures 1 damage)
JDCabrera: Misfire
Zeke the Zekenator
: Misfire
Jojalole: Shoots Alice Phantasma (Alice Phantasma endures 0.5 damage)
Z25: Shoots Air
Alice Phantasma
: Shoots Jojalole (but no damage is dealt)
Smashing Ramen: Shoots Self (...but nobody shot Smashing Ramen... Smashing Ramen endures 1 damage)
ShotoStar: Misfire

PRIMARY:
Chain Chomp unleashes an ultimate attack against Jojalole and their party! It bypasses their defenses! (An attack hits! Jojalole endures 0 damage) (An attack misses) (An attack hits! Jojalole suffers 2 damage and Lyn is DEFEATED)
Dry Bowser forces everybody who attacks a specific player to be redirected to Z25 (but nobody attacked the player, so it was all for naught)
Ephraim performs their primary attack on Z25; but both players equipped the same type! (Z25 endures 1 damage)

SUPPORT:

Celeste forces Red Ryu to be enterred into this Market Competition
Great Zapfish gives a player +3 defense
Halberd makes an attack do +1 damage and the attacker take half damage (Jojalole endures 1 damage and Rayman is DEFEATED)
Soren makes an attack do +1 damage (Z25 suffers 1 damage and Mr. L is DEFEATED)

Remaining Health:

Pyra Pyra : 5.5/16
Moydow Moydow : 6/16
@ShinyLegendary: 5/16
@JDCabrera: 4/12
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu : 4/12
@Zeke The Zekenator: 3/12
Jojalole Jojalole : 3/12
Z25 Z25 : 2/12
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku : 2.5/12
@ShotoStar: 3.5/12

Item Results:

Smashing Ramen walks away as the winner of this phase’s vote, earning themselves the Stunned Speechless with 4 votes! Congratulations! Also, ShinyLegendary and Jojalole (and Red Ryu) are eligible for the market spirit, Mach Rider!

Additionally, JDCabrera, Z25, Smashing Ramen, and Jojalole enter a mandatory spirit fight... Smashing Ramen exits victorious! Smashing Ramen unlocks Ronin A0 (0.5/4)!

(Z25, and Jojalole endure 1 damage, and JDC suffers 1 damage and Solgaleo is DEFEATED)

Items up for grabs. To vote for somebody to receive an item say "Vote: Player" in the thread. Each person only has one vote to use. You may not vote for yourself. Everybody is eligible for this item. Instead of only the person with the most votes getting the item, the top 50% of the players with votes will receive this item. (If 6 people are voted for, only 3 will get the item.)

Necropebbles (Usage)

Specify a spirit to resurrect with (1/4) HP. You may not resurrect your own spirits, nor those who voted for you

This is the final item available in the game. Everybody who exits this phase without an item will receive this in compensation:

Pity (Instant)

You cannot take damage the phase you receive this

Phase 12 ends on April 21st at 9:00 PM EST​
Awesome that you’re going to see this through. If you need any assistance at all, please do not hesitate to ask. I do not mind giving up my slot to help.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Necropebbles (Usage)

There are 14 dead spirits. Looking back at past results can help you find out who lost what.

Awesome that you’re going to see this through. If you need any assistance at all, please do not hesitate to ask. I do not mind giving up my slot to help.
Gotcha, will keep in mind. I think I'm set for working this now.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
PHASE 12 RESULTS

STANDARD:
Pokechu: Defends Alice Phantasma (Successful!)
Pyra: Shoots Moydow (Moydow endures 0.75 damage and Pyra endures 0.5 recoil damage)
ShinyLegendary: Shoots ShotoStar (ShotoStar endures 1.5 damage and ShinyLegendary endures 0.5 recoil damage)
Zeke the Zekenator
: Misfires (Zeke the Zekenator hurt themself in confusion… Zeke the Zekenator endures 1 damage and Revolver Ocelot (V) is DEFEATED)
Jojalole: Misfires
Alice Phantasma: Shoots Self (Successful!)
Smashing Ramen: Shoots Red Ryu (Red Ryu endures 1 damage and Deoxys (NF) is DEFEATED)
ShotoStar: Shoots Moydow (Moydow endures 0.75 damage and ShotoStar endures 0.5 recoil damage and Pegasus Sisters are DEFEATED)

PRIMARY:
Bytans disables Alice Phantasma (but Alice Phantasma did not perform a spirit action, so it was all for naught)
Galacta Knight performs their primary attack on Smashing Ramen; it’s super effective! (Smashing Ramen endures 2 damage and JDCabrera endures 0.5 damage and Wrestler & Reporter are DEFEATED)
Geno inflitrates Smashing Ramen’s party and creates a defect spirit
Guile performs their primary attack on Alice Phantasma; it super effective! (but Alice Phantasma shot self, so Z25 endures 2 damage)
Pegasus Sisters perform their primary attack on Alice Phantasma; however, it’s not very effective (but Alice Phantasma shot self, so Moydow endures 1 damage)
Skull Kid & Majora’s Mask perform their primary attack on Shishœ; however, it’s not very effective

SUPPORT:
WHAAAAT? Is this for real? The Phantom Thieves of Hearts steal a replica of the Necropebbles!
Sakura (FE) causes a player to take half of their allotted damage

ITEMS:
Z25 calls upon the power of Lore Lore to bestow themselves with an extra HP

Remaining Health:

Pyra Pyra : 5/16
Moydow Moydow : 5/16
@ShinyLegendary: 4/16
@JDCabrera: 3.5/12
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu : 3.5/12
@Zeke The Zekenator: 2/12
Jojalole Jojalole : 2/12
Z25 Z25 : 1/13
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku : 1/16
@ShotoStar: 1.5/12

Item Results:

Red Ryu, Alice Phantasma, Moydow, and Shishœ tie with 1 vote? Two of these players will receive the item then. RNG says… Red Ryu and Alice Phantasma! Congratulations, for both of you have received the Necropebbles!

Jojalole never received anything this whole game. How sad. Instead, they receive Pity in compensation! Pity.

Additionally, Smashing Ramen, ShinyLegendary, Jojalole, and Red Ryu enter a mandatory spirit fight… Red Ryu exits victorious! Red Ryu acquires Mach Rider A0 (0.5/4)!

(Smashing Ramen can’t feel anything) (Jojalole endures 1 damage) (ShinyLegendary suffers 1 damage and Dixie Kong is DEFEATED)

Phase 13 ends on April 29th at 9:00 PM EST​

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
To the three people who have Necropebbles in their possession, here are the list of deceased spirits. I technically cannot tell you who each belongs to, but you can do your best to figure out.

1. Big Boss - 10
  2. Claus - 6
  3. Deoxys (NF) - 12
  4. Dixie Kong - 12
  5. Dragonite - 7
  6. Eevee - 7
  7. Fortitudo - 9
  8. Liquid Snake - 2
  9. Lyn - 11
  10. Lyn (Blade Lord) - 6
  11. Mecha Ridley - 10
  12. Mr. L - 11
  13. Nia - 4
  14. Pegasus Sisters - 12
  15. Rayman - 11
  16. Revolver Ocelot (V) - 12
  17. Solgaleo - 11
  18. Specter Knight - 3
  19. Wrestler & Reporter - 12

Don't ask which spirits are dead. The numbers indicate the phase they died on.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If you all don’t attack me tonight I won’t spoil endgame!

:p

Alice Phantasma

Smash Apprentice
Guile performs their primary attack on Alice Phantasma; it super effective! (but Alice Phantasma shot self, so Z25 endures 2 damage)
Pegasus Sisters perform their primary attack on Alice Phantasma; however, it’s not very effective (but Alice Phantasma shot self, so Moydow endures 1 damage)
You thought I had gone insane, only shooting joja for the past like 5 phases, but as has been said before.

NO ONE CHEATS WALUIGI. CHEATERS.

Last edited:
Top Bottom