• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spirits Ricochet: Oh gosh, it's finally over! And to think, I didn't even play! Pokechu wins again.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
PHASE 7 RESULTS

STANDARD:
Pokechu: Defends Moydow (Successful!)
Pyra: Shoots Smashing Ramen (Smashing Ramen endures 1 damage)
ShinyLegendary: Shoots Pokechu (Pokechu endures 1 damage)
Red Ryu: Shoots Self (Successful!)
Zeke the Zekenator: Shoots ShinyLegendary (ShinyLegendary endures 1 damage)
Jojalole: Shoots Air (Jojalole endures 2 damage)
Z25: Shoots Self (...but nobody attacked Z25… Z25 endures 1 damage)
Smashing Ramen: Shoots Red Ryu (but Red Ryu shot self, so Smashing Ramen suffers 1 damage & Eevee is DEFEATED)
ShotoStar: Shoots Air (ShotoStar endures 2 damage)

PRIMARY:
Alucard defends Alice Phantasma, nullifying all damage that would be dealt to her equipped spirit this phase (but Alice was never received damage, so it was all for naught)
Fortitudo receives intelligence about Alice Phantasma’s equipped spirits
Galacta Knight performs their primary attack on BarDulL; it’s super effective! (BarDulL endures 2 damage)
Lyon grabs GoldenYuiitusin to split their received damage (but the owner didn’t receive damage, so it was all for naught)

SUPPORT:
Hothead throws a Hothead at a player; next phase, it will deal damage to a player unless it is reflected alongside different damage
Sidestepper nullifies an incoming attack at the cost of others dealing double damage

ITEMS:
Moydow’s spirit Ceases to exist. (Pokechu endures 100 damage & Dragonite is DEFEATED)
Pocket Thunder deals 2 damage to every player who shot air this phase (Jojalole and ShotoStar)

==============================

Remaining Health:

Pokechu Pokechu : 6/16
Pyra Pyra : 5.5/12
@Shishœ: 10/20
Moydow Moydow : 9/16
@ShinyLegendary: 8/12
BarDulL BarDulL : 7/12
@GoldenYuiitusin: 7/12
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu : 6.5/12
@Zeke The Zekenator: 5/12
Jojalole Jojalole : 8/12
Z25 Z25 : 7/12
Alice Phantasma Alice Phantasma : 6/12
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku : 6/12
@ShotoStar: 3.5/12

Item Results:

Shishœ walks away as the undisputed champion of this phase’s vote, earning themselves the Atmospheric Tonnage with an incredible 4 votes! Congratulations! Alice Phantasma is the only other eligible player for the market spirit, Karate Joe!

Additionally, BarDulL and Moydow enter a mandatory spirit fight for Bandana Waddle Dee… BarDulL’s spirit type exits as the winner! Congratulations, you have received Bandana Waddle Dee N3 (1.5/4)!

(Dragonite’s corpse endures 1 damage)

Additionally, Moydow, Zeke the Zekenator, Pokechu, and Shishœ enter a mandatory spirit fight for Dry Bowser… Shishœ’s spirit type exits as the winner! Congratulations, you have received Dry Bowser S1 (1/4)!

(Zeke the Zekenator endures no damage, as the attack was nullified, and Dragonite’s corpse endures 2 damage)

Items up for grabs. To vote for somebody to NOT receive an item, say "Vote: Player" in the thread. Each person only has one vote to use. You may not vote for yourself.

Twist of Fate [Target] (Usage)

If your target’s equipped primary spirit has more HP than yours, swap HP values with your target

Spirit on the market. Each vote for the item will also count towards them entering the running for the Market Competition.

Galeem N0 (1/4)

Phase 8 ends on April 11th at 10:00 PM EST​

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Please vote me to get galleem

I want to win something in these votes for once lol

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
To vote for somebody to NOT receive an item, say "Vote: Player" in the thread. Each person only has one vote to use. You may not vote for yourself.
Each vote for the item will also count towards them entering the running for the Market Competition.
Please vote me to get galleem

I want to win something in these votes for once lol
Be careful what you wish for... When you vote for somebody, they can no longer win the item, but are still put forward for the Market Competition.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Phase over, calcs coming.

It’s kind of annoying in how it can sway things
Aww man, why are their twists? I hate how they actually do stuff. Kidding, but I wanted to confirm that there were TWO more voting twists for the rest of the game, with 4 more items (two for the next two phases, and two independent later in the game).

Announcement: There is ONE final planned Market Competition left in the game. HOWEVER, there will be a total of two more Market Competitions before everybody is left to fend for themselves. This second Market Competition in the list will be a PLAYER'S CHOICE! If you would like your favorite game character to be a part of this Ricochet, then post it into the thread. I will choose one of these (that nobody else has claimed) and it will be the final Market spirit. Good? Good.

Also, Shishoe has received the maximum number of market spirits (3) and is now ineligible to receive any more Market spirits, going into effect for this phase and from now on.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
This second Market Competition in the list will be a PLAYER'S CHOICE! If you would like your favorite game character to be a part of this Ricochet, then post it into the thread. I will choose one of these (that nobody else has claimed) and it will be the final Market spirit. Good? Good.
Does it have to exist in Smash as a spirit or can it be literally anyone?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Does it have to exist in Smash as a spirit or can it be literally anyone?
I mean, I figured it would be in Smash (so that it would have a combo and an ability), but I GuEsS that you can propose any video game character. As long as you give a thorough and DETAILED explanation of whether they would be an attack, grab, shield, or neutral spirit, and how many slots would make sense for them. Bonus points if you talk about the playstyles I mentioned would be associated with each type (attack = aggressive etc.)

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
You all can suggest as many as you want. I will randomly pick one of the suggested spirits, but I will only put ONE spirit per person into the running.

Edit: Also, I forgot to mention that the person who suggests it CANNOT receive it

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I mean, I figured it would be in Smash (so that it would have a combo and an ability), but I GuEsS that you can propose any video game character. As long as you give a thorough and DETAILED explanation of whether they would be an attack, grab, shield, or neutral spirit, and how many slots would make sense for them. Bonus points if you talk about the playstyles I mentioned would be associated with each type (attack = aggressive etc.)
ok then I propose the Ronin from Etrian Odyssey, and she would be an Attack type because uh

Look at that big ass sword and tell me what type you think she'd be

Also 0 slots because the Ronin's thing is big damage at the cost of almost all defence, and 0 slot spirits translate into higher attack at the cost of having any support spirits as backup

D

Deleted member

Phase over, calcs coming.

Aww man, why are their twists? I hate how they actually do stuff. Kidding, but I wanted to confirm that there were TWO more voting twists for the rest of the game, with 4 more items (two for the next two phases, and two independent later in the game).

Announcement: There is ONE final planned Market Competition left in the game. HOWEVER, there will be a total of two more Market Competitions before everybody is left to fend for themselves. This second Market Competition in the list will be a PLAYER'S CHOICE! If you would like your favorite game character to be a part of this Ricochet, then post it into the thread. I will choose one of these (that nobody else has claimed) and it will be the final Market spirit. Good? Good.

Also, Shishoe has received the maximum number of market spirits (3) and is now ineligible to receive any more Market spirits, going into effect for this phase and from now on.
Can I choose Sephiroth then?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
PHASE 8 RESULTS

STANDARD:
Pokechu: Misfires
Pyra: Shoots Self (Successful!)
ShinyLegendary: Shoots ShotoStar (No damage is dealt as Red Ryu defended ShotoStar)
BarDulL: Shoots Pyra (but Pyra shot self, so BarDulL endures 1 damage)
GoldenYuiitusin: Defends ShotoStar (Successful!)
Red Ryu: Misfires
Zeke the Zekenator: Shoots Self (...but nobody shot Zeke the Zekenator… Zeke the Zekenator endures 1 damage)
Jojalole: Misfires
Z25: Shoots Air
Alice Phantasma
: Shoots Self (...but nobody shot Alice Phantasma…but Alice does not receive damage for she was the target of recursive damage)
Smashing Ramen: Shoots Red Ryu (Red Ryu endures 1 damage)
ShotoStar: Shoots Air

PRIMARY:
Blaziken performs its primary attack on GoldenYuiitusin; it’s super effective! (GoldenYuiitusin endures 2 damage)
Queen Elincia performs her primary attack on Red Ryu; however, it’s not very effective

SUPPORTS:
Hothead deals 2 recursive damage to Alice Phantasma (Alice Phantasma endures 2 damage)

ITEMS:
Eggplantify forces Pokechu’s equipped spirit to sprout eggplants in place of its support spirits wherever possible

Remaining Health:

Pokechu Pokechu : 6/16
Pyra Pyra : 5.5/12
@Shishœ: 11/24
Moydow Moydow : 9/16
@ShinyLegendary: 8/12
BarDulL BarDulL : 7.5/16
@GoldenYuiitusin: 5/12
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu : 5.5/12
@Zeke The Zekenator: 4/12
Jojalole Jojalole : 8/12
Z25 Z25 : 7/12
Alice Phantasma Alice Phantasma : 4/12
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku : 6/12
@ShotoStar: 3.5/12

Item Results:

Pyra is the only player eligible for the Market Spirit, so Pyra receives Galeem N0 (1/4)! However, Pyra cannot earn the item, as they received votes. Everybody besides Z25, Pyra, Alice Phantasma, Smashing Ramen, Red Ryu, Jojalole, and Shishœ are eligible. This leaves Pokechu, Moydow, ShinyLegendary, BarDulL, GoldenYuiitusin, Zeke the Zekenator, and ShotoStar as the 7 potential players who can receive the Twist of Fate. RNG says… 6! Zeke the Zekenator receives the Twist of Fate [Target] with 0 votes!

Additionally, Shishœ and Alice Phantasma enter a mandatory spirit fight for Karate Joe… and Shishœ’s spirit type exits as the winner! However, because Shishœ has already won 3 Market Competitions prior, the primary spirit is defaulted to Alice Phantasma, who receives Karate Joe A2 (1/4)!

(No damage is dealt)

Items up for grabs. To vote for somebody to receive an item say "Vote: Player" in the thread. Each person only has one vote to use. You may not vote for yourself. You may not vote for a player who has won an item or Market spirit in the past. Your options are: (ShinyLegendary, GoldenYuiitusin, Red Ryu, Jojalole, Z25, Smashing Ramen, and ShotoStar)

Passway of Zen (Usage)

All of your attackers are forced to misfire

Spirit on the market. Each vote for the item will also count towards them entering the running for the Market Competition.

Dixie Kong G3 (1/4)

Phase 9 ends on April 13th at 10:00 PM EST​

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If anything, I'll probably be taken out by Shish long before anyone actually does **** considering almost every night I get targeted.

Top Bottom