• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spirits Ricochet: Oh gosh, it's finally over! And to think, I didn't even play! Pokechu wins again.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
My work hours are a bit shaky for a 7 PM phase shift. Especially the upcoming weekend.

So yeah, I'll just spectate.
I'll win it for you, then, Uni!

Or I'll die really quickly so we can make ****posts in the graveyard. That sounds funner! LOL

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Sounds interesting, put me in. I'll look closely at the rules.
It may sound complicating, but after a while when it gets boiled down, it shouldn't be too bad.

You have a group of 3 spirits with separate HP. You equip one each phase, and ao does everybody else. When you attack, you attack eachother's spirits and they attack yours. Last person with living spirits wins.

If you understand the 5 standard actions then you're good to go.

D

Deleted member

It may sound complicating, but after a while when it gets boiled down, it shouldn't be too bad.

You have a group of 3 spirits with separate HP. You equip one each phase, and ao does everybody else. When you attack, you attack eachother's spirits and they attack yours. Last person with living spirits wins.

If you understand the 5 standard actions then you're good to go.
Sounds good. I look forward to it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
oh yeah The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn you haven't played Ricochet have you? I think you'd like it, it's not at all like mafia, it's just a "king of the thrones" type of deal where you want to live until the end, but I think just goofing off with everyone is (obviously LOL) something you like (zomg me too!!), I'd give this one a go!

the gameplay itself isn't complicated at all but this theme seems to be the most involved yet, it might be a bit wild for this to be your first game but I think you can handle it! It just seems scarier than it actually is :laugh:

obligatory praline praline tag too!! you can shoot me with NO penalty in Ricochet! What's NOT to love about that? Killing the Master Pickup Liner and Joker? Just be aware... if you kill me, the game will lose 100% of its charm! ;)
No.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Put me in as a spectator please.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Don't know if this is a good start for my Ricochet career because this **** looks insane lol. Either way, this seems way crazier than mafia, so yeah, put me /in. Hoping to have some fun in here.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Not that familiar with this game but I’ll give it a try. The quick draw one was fun.

Let’s hope I don’t get bodied lol.

/in

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Okay, so I've decided that I'm going to post more ability information tonight. Now, because I'm the host and not a player, I need to know what you want for it to be fun. Here are the options:

Choose an option:
  1. I post the abilities information for everybody to see in this thread
  2. I ask each player if they want to know the abilities they can select from, and if they say yes, I post the info privately in the PM.
  3. I only show the abilites of the spirits selected, and ask if they wish to continue.
  4. Everything is a surprise. [My personal favorite, but how fair is it? People would say they lost because they had a bad spirit party, and what could I say to them?]
Now, if 1-3 was selected, what would you like to see?
  1. Primary Abilities
  2. Support Abilities
  3. Both Primary and Support Abilities
I live to serve.

Most people have picked their Primaries, and very few have named Support spirits. Nothing is locked down yet, and all the players can change their lineup at any time after receiving the information that you decide I provide.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Listing all available actions would be cool while privately telling us what our respective abilities are...I think?

I mean this probably should have been done before we picked our characters :awesome: but IDC I’m just happy with my roster selection :V

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Let RNGsus take the wheel
RNGsus, take the wheel
Take it from my hands
'Cause I can't do this on my own
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
And save me from this game I'm in
Jesus, take the wheel

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Yeah, but no RNG.

If everything was random, then you could get attack buffs from spirits with resistance abilities, which is not going to happen.

Here me out. It already is random to you, because nobody knows anything, and it's not like you all had a massive strategy behind your picks. It was mostly "hey let's pick Fire Emblem", so technically it will be random if you select your favorite characters/choose from your favorite series. Keep in mind that most spirits are usually 2-slotted, second most spirits are 3-slotted, third most are 1-slotted, and the least amount of spirits are 0-slotted. That is also the order of the worst to best abilities; less slots means better ability, at the cost of Support Spirits. 3-slots also have better abilities than 2-slots only because of how fragile they are in match ups. No matter what happens though, I can confirm everything is fair and everything has already been verified as such by yours truly, the spectators. So yeah, while I would love to see variety, everything still is fair even if many people have picked similar spirits.

But just in case, here is a quick rundown how all the abilities work:

Aggressive players should pick Attack Spirits. Protective players should pick Defend Spirits. Controlling players should pick Grab Spirits. Analytic players should pick Neutral Spirits.

TL;DR

If you want randomness, pick your favorite spirits. If you want to be in charge of your own game, re-read the above statement. I will not randomize the abilities on a spirit-to-spirit basis, because the abilities that I have wouldn't be logical.

I'm giving out some public Support Spirit abilities as examples.

If a Support Spirit gives any type of battering item and takes up one slot, you will deal +1 damage
If a Support Spirit gives any type of shooting item and takes up one slot, you can deal 1 damage to another player of your choice
If a Support Spirit gives any type of throwing item and takes up one slot, you will deal 1 damage on the subsequent phase
(These are the most basic spirits my Support roster, and are only 3/52 that you will find. They are also debateably the worst, but that's beside the point. I wouldn't reveal the "best" Support spirit)

It wouldn't make sense for a spirit that gives you a Killing Edge to heal you, which is why all of the Support Abilities are reflective of the actual ability on the spirit. I can promise you that that will not change. Support Spirits that consume more than 1 slots will logically be more powerful/valuable, or an upgrade of a similar 1-slot Support Spirit.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Pokechu Pokechu Pyra Pyra Moydow Moydow @Shishœ @ShinyLegendary BarDulL BarDulL @GoldenYuiitusin #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu @ryumo Jojalole Jojalole Z25 Z25

Sorry for the ping, but the above is actually pretty important if you do plan to reconsider your spirit party. I told you all that I was considering revealing more information, and now is that time to reveal more information. It's pretty juicy stuff too in the scheme of things, and it was pretty obvious that these points may have been missed, so I reiterated here and added more. Good? Good.

Random = most of you can keep what you have, or just go with your favorite characters.

Not random = try to match your playstyle if you so choose, but even then it will be mostly random because you don't know what you're getting, or anything else for that matter.

My hopes are that the abilities that each combination has will be revealed over time as more people use their abilities. There is usually no limit to how much you can use your abilities, so they will come out eventually.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokechu Pokechu Pyra Pyra Moydow Moydow @Shishœ @ShinyLegendary BarDulL BarDulL @GoldenYuiitusin #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu @ryumo Jojalole Jojalole Z25 Z25

Sorry for the ping, but the above is actually pretty important if you do plan to reconsider your spirit party. I told you all that I was considering revealing more information, and now is that time to reveal more information. It's pretty juicy stuff too in the scheme of things, and it was pretty obvious that these points may have been missed, so I reiterated here and added more. Good? Good.

Random = most of you can keep what you have, or just go with your favorite characters.

Not random = try to match your playstyle if you so choose, but even then it will be mostly random because you don't know what you're getting, or anything else for that matter.

My hopes are that the abilities that each combination has will be revealed over time as more people use their abilities. There is usually no limit to how much you can use your abilities, so they will come out eventually.
I want to keep my picks.
This game truly was FEH Mafia 3 in disguise, wasn't it? :p
So whose name is Gonna get miss-spelled now?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll keep my selection.

D

Deleted member

Personally think 11 is a good enough number for a game of Ricochet but maybe that's just me.

D

Deleted member

I don't really know what's going on I kind of just wondered in here but

/In

Right before the deadline too also if I chose a character with a random status like Franklin Badge equipped what would that do? Just curious cause I understand stuff like "Kick attack" would raise attack power by +1 Right? but something misc. like that what would it do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom