• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spirits don’t deconfirm

D

Deleted member

Hello you may be wondering “why did I make this?” Well I’m not just some new random leaker I am just a normal user saying.....

Spirits don’t decomfirm!

Why don’t they you may ask?

Well who says they can’t be future dlc? Do you see sakurai saying “spirits deconfirm” no you don’t because he never said that.

People just make up rules so that people’s favorite character doesn’t make it to smash as a fighter. Fighter spirits might be different from equitable spirits but they are still spirits none of the less.

Even so some of the equitable spirits are variations of that fighter like...

-fox luigi
-luma
-tennis aces Mario&Luigi
-Kaptian k rool
-Barron k roleinstine
-link(the legend of Zelda)
-young & adult zelda
-Ganondorf(twilight princesse)
-link(a link between worlds)
-Samus suit variations
-mecha/omega Ridley
-yoshi & baby mario
-yarn yoshi
-warp star,star rod,big sword,robobot armour
-game & watch series spirits
-retro pit
-3 sacred treasures
-wario man
-naked snake
-suber sanic
-sanic teh werehog
-the pikmin
-stack up,gyromite
-Wii fit poses
-giga mac
-inkling squid

And let’s not forget that one pikachu spirit that had no variations at all (partner pikachu) which is the same as the fighter.
E6B32B52-3B2E-402F-B309-944BEEE410F6.jpeg

Sakurai also stated that they are a replacement for trophies and were made as a gameplay equivalent to trophies for a solid single player experience. Plus they aren’t replacements for missing fighters, they just let you simulate battles with them for funsies.
E6884FAC-EC67-45AE-B9FC-9C31B877549B.jpeg

A25BB8D5-5A93-423C-BE80-4B56A5CFD72C.jpeg

And here’s something else to think about ever since smash4 when rayman was a trophy you’ve been asking him to be dlc and now that Rayman is a spirit which is the replacement for trophy’s then why do you say he can’t be dlc because he’s a spirit?

The thing is that this whole thing about “spirits deconfirm is just some fan made rule people make just that someone’s favorite character doesn’t get in like geno,rayman,shantae,bandanna dee,Dixie Kong,and others.

Also One of polar pandas sources said if there is a wave 2...assist trophies might be on the table so if even they aren't deconfirmed, why would spirits be automatically deconfirmed?

And who cares if the plant and joker don’t have spirits that’s not even important to worry about and it doesn’t even matter anymore.

And thus that ends my discussion that spirits don’t 100% deconfirm characters!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Partner Pikachu is a completely different Pikachu than the one in Smash lol and using characters like Yarn yoshi, Naked Snake, the Pikmin and the different variations of Zelda and Link don't count because those are also completely different characters than the ones we have in smash.

The whole spirits thing just feels like a consolation prize for people who will not get the character they wanted, like Shantae and Rayman. They obviously decided who is going to be DLC ahead of time so they made the spirits around this, it's why we don't have piranha plant.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Partner Pikachu is a completely different Pikachu than the one in Smash lol and using characters like Yarn yoshi, Naked Snake, the Pikmin and the different variations of Zelda and Link don't count because those are also completely different characters than the ones we have in smash.

The whole spirits thing just feels like a consolation prize for people who will not get the character they wanted, like Shantae and Rayman. They obviously decided who is going to be DLC ahead of time so they made the spirits around this, it's why we don't have piranha plant.
I thought DLC was chosen from a list provided by Nintendo after the game was basically finished. Is that incorrect? Either way, more DLC characters could be added, and it would be kind of silly not to add a character that would sell well merely because they're already a spirit. That's just bad business.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I thought DLC was chosen from a list provided by Nintendo after the game was basically finished. Is that incorrect? Either way, more DLC characters could be added, and it would be kind of silly not to add a character that would sell well merely because they're already a spirit. That's just bad business.
Thats most likely correct but I doubt they did it after the final direct, third party licensing deals are things that take a while, as well as animating a trailer like Jokers. Obviously they got the rights to him months in advance maybe a little bit after the Shantae, Monster Hunter, Bomberman, Shovel knight and Castlevania characters, but I don't think they just got the rights to use him in November.

Top Bottom