• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spirited Away - Sign Up Thread

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Spirited Away

Overview

This game is based on the Purgatory setup. It is non-bastard. No flavor knowledge is necessary.

Mechanics

Players exist in limbo: a realm between existence and nonexistence.
  • The game alternates between two phases: Banish and Sanction, beginning with the former.
  • During the Banish Phase, players vote to banish a player to nonexistence; that player's role is revealed and they are eliminated from the game.
  • During the Sanction Phase, players vote for a player to transcend limbo; that player's role is revealed and they are sent to the "Sanctioned" private topic where they can communicate with other sanctioned players.
  • Mafia (demons) win if the majority of mafia players are sanctioned. Town (spirits) win if the majority of mafia players are banished.
  • If at any time 50% of the players in limbo are demons, a Judgement Day will occur. Spirit-aligned sanctioned players will vote in their private topic to banish one of the limbo players. If that player is a spirit, demons win. Otherwise, the game continues to a Banish Phase.
Roles
  • 3 Demons
  • 6 Spirits

Details
To vote for a player use the command ##player_name. To unvote for a player, use the command ##Unvote.
  • Votes without the double-pound sign will not be counted.
  • Non-bolded votes will be counted, but please bold them and present them on their own line.
  • You do not need to unvote before voting for another player.
All eliminations will be based on majority during the day and plurality at the end of the day, and no elimination is not possible.
Each phase will last 5 days.
  • This may be shortened or lengthened as the game goes on at the host's discretion (though never in the middle of a phase).
You are expected to have at least one fruitful post a day, though ideally more.
By signing up for this game, you agree
  • Not to cheat, and to ask the host if you believe you may do something that might go against the spirit of the game.
  • To treat all players with respect.
  • That the host has the right to replace or banish a player if they are believed to be in violation of the spirit of the game.

Additionally, I would ask that you do not publicly request for a player to be replaced, either to them or the host. If you believe a player is not fulfilling their part in the game, please message me privately.
  • Eliminated players have separate chats: one for those who were sanctioned and one for those who were banished (this is also the spectator chat).
  • Mafia/Demons are able to communicate with each other at all times, including if they have been sanctioned (but not banished).
  • The sanctioned or banished player's role is revealed at the end of the phase they are eliminated.

Signups
  1. FrozenFlame
  2. bessie
  3. Somitomi
  4. Maven
  5. Sabrar
  6. Swiss
  7. LaserGuy
  8. Darkpit
  9. FateShirou
Replacements:
  • Wam

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Seems interesting. I will consider it.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Shouldn't those town players be just sending votes privately to the host and still communicating in the Sanctioned PT?

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
I feel like I'll have to sketch this to comprehend the mechanics properly, but tentatively /in

Wam

Smash Ace
I have a lot coming up end of may so I'm going to change to

/replace

bessie

Smash Journeyman
/in

Unexpected news came up so I will have to bow /out for now. GL to the roster and to Zen!
Awwww, I'm disappointed that I have to wait longer for an opportunity to play a game with you! I'm hoping you will have time to sign up for the next one!

@ Everyone, don't make me tag you all to sign up for this. You know who you are.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Alright

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame
bessie bessie
somitomi somitomi
Maven89 Maven89
Sabrar Sabrar
Swiss Swiss
LaserGuy LaserGuy
Darkpit54 Darkpit54
FateShirou FateShirou

Role PMs, demon chat, sanction chat, and spectator chat will all be on this discord server: https://discord.gg/C5xAhjF9Np

Please join it at your earliest convenience. Once in the waiting room, I will assign you to your journal room where your role PM will be and where you may post thoughts throughout the game. Please confirm there. Note: Every player has a weak "PR" that is of low consequence.

Any spectators please feel free to join the server as well.

Top Bottom