• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WoL Spirit Skills & Traits You'd Like to See

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
There are several different skills and traits to be found on the Spirits in Ultimate, and yet many niches remain unfilled. This thread is for new skills and traits we'd like to see on Spirits added in updates, patches, and DLC, as well as the ranks and costs of the Support Spirits bearing those skills. I'll start with three of my ideas:

• Darkness Attack Up (Novice Rank, Cost 1): Improves attack power of darkness-elemental attacks, like Ganondorf's specials, Mewtwo's Shadow Ball, jab, dash attack, forward aerial, and smash attacks, and Robin's Nosferatu. Joker will likely have some darkness attacks as well, since darkness is Arsene's main element in Persona 5.
  • Darkness Resist (Novice Rank, Cost 1): Improves defense against darkness-elemental attacks. In addition to playable characters with darkness attacks, the effect can also be seen in the movesets of Marx, Dracula, Ganon, and Dharkon.
  • Limit Enhance (Legend Rank, Cost 1): Increases buildup speed and decreases depletion speed of characters with special meters, namely Cloud, Little Mac, Robin, and Shulk. For Cloud, this means his Limit meter fills up faster and it takes longer for a full Limit meter to expire if unused. For Little Mac, this means the Power Meter fills up faster and it takes longer for a full Power Meter to be in danger of being knocked back down to zero by sending Mac reeling. For Robin, tomes and the Levin Sword get more uses and take less time/KOs to replenish once depleted. For Shulk, Monado Arts last longer and take less time to cool down after expiring or being canceled.

Last edited:

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
Tiny: Start the battle small (Poison Mushroom). Could be used to counter-balance a powerful spirit like the Trade-Off abilities.

Respawn Platform: Legendary, 0/0 stats, no secondary slots. Second Chance: Grants one additional stock.

Ken (Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike): Legendary supprt, 2 slots. Easy Parry: Increase the window for successfully parrying an attack. (In honor of the legendary Diago Umehara's Evo Moment 37). I think this is one of the skill tree enhancements, but they don't have a spirit for it.

Air Dodge Up (1 slot): Increase directional air dodge distance.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Easy Parry is already a skill for Spirits (Easy Perfect Shield). Air Dodge Up sounds like a lower-ranked version of Easier Dodging (which does the same thing, but also expands the intangibility frames for ground dodging). As for Second Chance, I would surmise that it would be a Legendary-rank skill that costs 3 slots.

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
Easy Parry is already a skill for Spirits (Easy Perfect Shield). Air Dodge Up sounds like a lower-ranked version of Easier Dodging (which does the same thing, but also expands the intangibility frames for ground dodging). As for Second Chance, I would surmise that it would be a Legendary-rank skill that costs 3 slots.
Forgot about Easy Perfect Shield. Point is there needs to be a Ken spirit with a parry based effect.

The Respawn Platform is the Primary spirit (neutral, no slots and maybe max out at 1,000/1,000 stats), with Second Chance as its effect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom