• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spirit Event “Spirits in Black” Featuring Lotus from WARFRAME

754A945D-BDDA-4BBB-8C1A-EFC6EFD0CC98.jpeg

Recently, a new spirit event was announced by Nintendo with the theme “Spirits in Black” which features Spirits who typically black in color. These include Game & Watch spirits such as Oil Panic and Fire, Raphael from the Yoshi series, the Pokémon Zekrom and Darkrai, Bullet Bill, Infinite from Sonic Forces, and more.

However, one of the more interesting features in this event is a spirit from an entirely new series. Lotus from the series WARFRAME will be made available in this Spirit Event. WARFRAME is a free-to-play action role-playing third person multiplayer game (that was a mouth full) available on a number of gaming systems including the Switch. It was developed and published by Unreal series co-creator, Digital Extremes. Lotus is one of the main characters who helps guide players within the game by giving them missions, issuing new commands, and alerting the players of enemy activity. Players belong to a faction called Tenno who fight against galactic threats using powerful weaponized armor called Warframes.

Lotus as a Spirit can be enhanced at level 99 and two-star primary Spirit. According to the Japanese Smash Ultimate Twitter, the Spirit Battle for Lotus will feature Bayonetta as the fighter character.

359F5701-CF13-4F06-9D07-598E92E18369.jpeg

This choice for a Spirit has been met with surprise from many members of both the Smash and WARFRAME community. This five day event is set to start on February 28th so make sure to snag these Spirits including WARFRAME’s Lotus!

Author’s Note: I didn’t even know who and what Lotus and WARFRAME was so this was a great way to introduce me to the series. How about you? What did you think of this event? Are you looking forward to it? What future events do you want to see? Let us know below!

Last edited:
Venus of the Desert Bloom

Comments

I really enjoy it when we get outlandish spirit events, I’m hoping we get other weird ones in the future.

Any crazy spirit events y’all would like to see?

The announcement of Lotus, let alone a character from Warframe, being a spirit is unexpected. Honestly think it's an interesting choice.

Lotus is supposed to be an enhanceable spirit, though I'm not sure what she'll be enhanced into. Does anyone who is familiar with Warframe have any ideas what she can enhance to?
I really enjoy it when we get outlandish spirit events, I’m hoping we get other weird ones in the future.

Watch there be an Overwatch spirit event be announced eventually.

D
At this rate, anyone can easily be Spirited Away.

The announcement of Lotus, let alone a character from Warframe, being a spirit is unexpected. Honestly think it's an interesting choice.

Lotus is supposed to be an enhanceable spirit, though I'm not sure what she'll be enhanced into. Does anyone who is familiar with Warframe have any ideas what she can enhance to?

Watch there be an Overwatch spirit event be announced eventually.
What she can enhance to makes sense if you know warframe lore, its a bit of a spoiler.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...63833_1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180615051756

I will also point out, that Digital Extremes (owners of Warframe) is technically in indie studio.

Last edited:

Long shot, but given how the game saw a surprising boom in sales on its' Switch port, so much so that the creative developer Ed McMillen declared that if nothing else, the games last big expansion will definitely come to PC, and Switch at a later date after the PC release, I wouldn't mind seeing some Binding of Isaac spirits. Maybe just Isaac, Mom, Mega Satan, and Hush (evolves into Delirium).

I'm gonna try to get the new spirit, because I missed the Cuphead event... I had just got Pokémon Shield and was wrapped up in it, and forgot about the event.

Danganronpa, Hyperdimension Neptunia (edited for Good Boys and Girls), Falcom general, Ori, Star Ocean, and I fully expect a Warcraft event if not Overwatch. Oh and also Mortal Kombat

oh also if Black Shadow isn't a part of this Spirit event ill be disappointed

yes i know he's hard af but gotta keep with the theme yanno

Huh, you'd think the new Mythic Pokemon would have been added since it fits the event theme but it is what it is.

Top Bottom