• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WoL Spirit 'Conditions' for activities//training - How does this work?

xZRx

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7739-8489-3763
(Please delete if this can be found somewhere else, I couldnt find a good answer here or on reddit.)

Wondering how the spirit 'conditions' work when selecting them for activites or training - the red Up arrows or blue Down arrows next to the spirits picture. I cant find any rhyme or reason behind how this works, besides the obvious 'Spirits with up arrows condition will do better, down arrows will do worse'.
Especially confusing because the condition for a specific spirit on the same activity at different times can be different.
Anyone have any solid info on this?

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
I assume the same spirit always shows the same affinity. I own 3 Claus spirits and all of them are on the same page every time (positive, neutral, negative). Thus, I guess it depends on the spirit.

I noticed different levels of "positive" though. I might put 4 positive, level 99, 4 star rank spirits into an activity, but her different results compared to other 4 positive, level 99, 4 star rank spirits.

I assume at least some random factors; but affinity isn't one of them.

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
I noticed different levels of "positive" though. I might put 4 positive, level 99, 4 star rank spirits into an activity, but her different results compared to other 4 positive, level 99, 4 star rank spirits.
What activity? If it's the Gym, different spirits (even of the same rank) have different EXP curves.

For a 3 star spirit example, Hades takes 58,153 EXP to get to 99, and Shaymin needs 58,024. For their 4 star upgrades, Hades (Final Forme) needs 67,005 and Shaymin (Sky Forme) needs 66,996. I know from some experience with feeding snacks that some spirits are much slower or faster than others of the same rank (Dan for example seems faster than most other 1 stars) and not all are this close to each other.

I gave up recording after that because I wasn't going to test the EXP requirements for every single spirit. If there's two that differ by this little, it's probably unique for each spirit.

Last edited:

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
What activity? If it's the Gym, different spirits (even of the same rank) have different EXP curves.

For a 3 star spirit example, Hades takes 58,153 EXP to get to 99, and Shaymin needs 58,024. For their 4 star upgrades, Hades (Final Forme) needs 67,005 and Shaymin (Sky Forme) needs 66,996. I know from some experience with feeding snacks that some spirits are much slower or faster than others of the same rank (Dan for example seems faster than most other 1 stars) and not all are this close to each other.

I gave up recording after that because I wasn't going to test the EXP requirements for every single spirit. If there's two that differ by this little, it's probably unique for each spirit.
I am talking about the other activities: Collecting with Toadette; Pikminguy; Linebeck. Especially Toadette is rather easy to compare since the duration is so short.
Lately I am trying to combine all sorts of different 99 4 star spirits and get anything between 1300 and 1425 SP (1425 being the highest I got yet, but more than once).

xZRx

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7739-8489-3763
1425 SP from Caves//Toadette is the most ive gotten too, i usually put all 99 4* in for that, not paying attention to types though, but i usually get the 1425. its to the point now that i have enough maxed out 4* to always be able to use a full line up that has the positive condition, still just unsure why or when it changes lol

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

I'm still seeking information on EXP gains, though. Are there any dataminers we know who we can ask to get on that?

I am talking about the other activities: Collecting with Toadette; Pikminguy; Linebeck. Especially Toadette is rather easy to compare since the duration is so short.
Lately I am trying to combine all sorts of different 99 4 star spirits and get anything between 1300 and 1425 SP (1425 being the highest I got yet, but more than once).
I’ve noticed that SP gains from the Ruins (Toadette's facility) appear to be greater if you explore with 4 Spirits or different types (Attack, Shield, Grab, Neutral, Support).
1425 SP from Caves//Toadette is the most ive gotten too, i usually put all 99 4* in for that, not paying attention to types though, but i usually get the 1425. its to the point now that i have enough maxed out 4* to always be able to use a full line up that has the positive condition, still just unsure why or when it changes lol
Also, I feel like it would be interesting to note that a Spirit's condition appears to affect how much experience it earns from exploring. I once had Master Hand and Crazy Hand exploring together, with Master Hand in normal condition and Crazy Hand in good condition, and Crazy Hand earned more experience.

EDIT: Hold on. I've just gotten back to my Switch, and, well... are you sure you're using Level 99 Legend-rank Spirits? Here's my 3 most recent SP yields from the Ruins:

Last edited:
Top Bottom