• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spifes guide to playing Link!

Spife

Smash Master
Alright, so the first think you're going to want to do after picking Link is thinking about the B button, it's right next to the A button but it's smaller and red. Okay, now that you've thought about it, press it, and pick the character to the left of Link, but make sure you hold down A at the start of a match or you're going lower in the tier list then where Link is.

Edit: The up-b has a different property. I guess you could tech chase with it (like before) or you could use one of 5-6 other moves better suited that wont get you punished as badly.

There's also a code you can put in. After picking link, Press B, Left, A, Start, Start, Hold A and you should be sheik. Try it, I just found it and it's soooo good!

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
I Did That And Now My Up+b Doesn't Work Anymore What Am I Doing Wrong I Need To Use This Very Important Move

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Spife's alternate guide to playing Link is to do everything you'd normally do as Link only with Fox and add "down B" after all your Nairs. And instead of "up B" to finish combos, do "up smash" instead.

Spife

Smash Master
spife's Alternate Guide To Playing Link Is To Do Everything You'd Normally Do As Link Only With Fox And Add "down B" After All Your Nairs. And Instead Of "up B" To Finish Combos, Do "up Smash" Instead.
Good Point!!

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
So im going to a tournament on sunday and its my first tournament where i plan on maining link. Does anyone got ant last minute advice./tactics/mindgames/mindsets that i should know about or utilize? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks guys =)

rhan

Smash Hero
In some serious advice. Don't go Link. But if you want to try to break the tier list then by all means go Link.

But not against Sheik.... or Fox.... Unless you know how to avoid waveshines or chaingrabs.

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
dnt play a really gd fox coz it will demoralise u 4 ages

spam like hell utilisin ur bombs n boomerang n spam that nair
dnt rush into anything unless u knw its gonna work link is a gr8 character if u knw how 2 play off his weakness coz u knw exactly where every1 gonna go 2 attack u n if ur think y shld i take ur advice ask any1 in the UK thats right im a PAL link that ***** =]

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
So im going to a tournament on sunday and its my first tournament where i plan on maining link. Does anyone got ant last minute advice./tactics/mindgames/mindsets that i should know about or utilize? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks guys =)
By any chance where might you be going?
I'd like to go to one since I have no plans.
Maybe it's possible as long as you're not SUPER Socal and live in San Diego or something

Edit: On Mindsets just don't think that Link is bad. Just know that you can't win every fight like a Top Tier and you have to work your *** off to beat people. Spacing and Spam Nairs like crazy. Use your secondaries against gay *** sheik unless you have total confidence. But anyway, good luck!

HiIH

Smash Lord
Full hop nair *****, especially for tapping shields and DJing out of it.

When you start getting waveshined, DI away for the Usmash. That's where you want to DI it.

CP=Ban FD or Yoshi's, and my favorite CP is either FoD or Dreamland. Brinstar is an alternate one I like to use, but I just love using that stage.

DENY THAT AREA AND HAVE FUN!

<.<

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
I dont mind fighting on final destination(for most match ups anyway). And I also find Falco to be much more of a pain than fox, shiek is just unfair though.

Top Bottom