• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Speculation on exact release date?

Technomage

Smash Champion
So, exactly when on March 2021 does anybody here think Pyra and Mythra will be released?

MattX20

Smash Hero
There are two options given how March is a busy month for the Switch: either on the first week or the third week.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I guess it all comes down to when Sakurai airs his next presentation. He did reveal Sephiroth's release date on his last one, and that aired approximately a week after Sephiroth's reveal trailer aired.

zferolie

Smash Hero
i think it will be early or late march. next week we will be getting the pokemon direct for sure but we may also get a presentation for smash

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
I really wish they give us the exact date instead of just the month. It better be early March.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm thinking one week before the amiibos so between the 14th and 20th.

The presentation will also be on the second week of March.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
With all the factors going on for here, I'll say we'll get Mr. Sakurai Presents "Pyra & Mythra" this Friday at the earliest and release March 10th at the earliest.

Reference this post I made on the main thread:
Welp, time for me to dust off the ol' amiibo theory.

(Steve would release 13 days after the last amiibo wave.)

I crunched the numbers just now, and narrowed it down that at the earliest, we'll see Pyra and Mythra release on March 10th, 16 days before our next amiibo wave. With that, all that leaves is when we'll get Mr. Sakurai Presents "Pyra & Mythra". Here're my findings in presentation-to-release gaps:

• :ulthero:: 2 day gap. (July 28th, 2019 - July 30th, 2019)
  • :ultbanjokazooie:: 0 day gap. (Aired on day of release)
  • :ult_terry:: 0 day gap. (Aired on day of release)
  • :ultbylethf:: 12 day gap. (January 16th, 2020 - January 28th, 2020)
  • :ultminmin: 7 day gap. (June 22nd, 2020 - June 29th, 2020)
  • :ultsteve:: 10 day gap. (October 3rd, 2020 - October 13th, 2020)
  • :ultsephiroth:: 5 day gap. (December 17th, 2020 - December 22nd, 2020) (Technically 0 day gap if counting Sephiroth Challenge)

So at the maximum, we have a 12 day gap before the earliest possible release date for the Aegis. So at the very least, we should see a presentation next Friday. Thoughts, anybody?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
One thing feels certain. The release date will probably be on a Tuesday, much like with the previous DLC releases.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Early March. The character's look finished. You can see literally every one of their moves besides a few throws and her jab. There aren't really crazy wait times for DLC characters after their announcement or trailer hits. Especially if there's a full on gameplay trailer. Sephiroth and Steve literally came out within two weeks of their reveal. Joker and Min Min were the big exceptions because they got announced before they started development, and also Banjo but that's also because he was the latter part of a double reveal. Min Min was still out in like a week after her trailer if I'm remembering correctly. I'm completely confident in early March being the release window. I would honestly be shocked if they come out anytime after the first 10 days of March.

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
If the presentation shows up later this week, I'll guess a March 9th release date. If not, probably the 16th. I wonder how they'll navigate whatever Pokemon news comes up soon?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
If the presentation shows up later this week, I'll guess a March 9th release date. If not, probably the 16th. I wonder how they'll navigate whatever Pokemon news comes up soon?
Considering this just popped up, sounds pretty likely to me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, better late than never. Seems that 3/9 is the likeliest release date, but US residents on the east coast will have to wait until approximately 8:00 PM EST (we don't set our clocks forward until 3/13) for the next software update to go live.

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
If we're looking at recent trends, then the DLC will probably drop after the video ends or the day after. If not, still sometime before the 10th at the latest, but I don't think them holding out that long is likely. I'm fairly certain we would have gotten the presentation sometime this week and a release date for next week if it wasn't for the Pokemon Direct coming up tomorrow. With the recent fighters we've typically had reveal, presentation, and release within two weeks or less after the reveal. Min Min actually releasing a mere 7 days after her own trailer. However, I'm extremely confident in the characters releasing after the direct considering how finished they look. They don't really have any reason to hold the character back any longer if they're finished, and the trailer we saw was likely made weeks in advance of the direct, which will then be twos week gone by the time the presentation rolls around.

Last edited:

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Release date is confirmed for today. I knew it would be. There wasn't any reason to hold off on them. Looking forward to playing them later. :bee:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Release date is confirmed for today. I knew it would be. There wasn't any reason to hold off on them. Looking forward to playing them later. :bee:
Yeah, I can't wait, either. Though some of my anxiety for that could be the coffee I drank less than an hour ago.:smash:

Though how much later do you think they would be released?

Last edited:

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Yeah, I can't wait, either. Though some of my anxiety for that could be the coffee I drank less than an hour ago.:smash:

Though how much later do you think they would be released?
If they decided not to release them today, my second guess would have been tomorrow. Only thing is I didn't see why they wouldn't release them after the presentation since they've been in development since like late december and we usually get the characters around two weeks after the gameplay trailer or sometimes even sooner. In which case, I'm glad I was right about them coming today because this has been the longest two weeks ever.

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Well, the only one I know of is Britain, who's release date will be sometime tomorrow.
What time tomorrow? Didn't Sakurai say the DLC would be released today? Hate how timezones make release announcements false in some places.

Technomage

Smash Champion
What time tomorrow? Didn't Sakurai say the DLC would be released today? Hate how timezones make release announcements false in some places.
I don't know what time tomorrow, since I didn't calculate the timezone influence. And I agree with you on timezones.

Maybe Sakurai should have stated "how many hours later" instead of specifying a time?

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Well, London is six hours ahead of Illinois, so even if Pyra is releasing tomorrow over there, she could still release tonight for me.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Well, London is six hours ahead of Illinois, so even if Pyra is releasing tomorrow over there, she could still release tonight for me.
Well, since I researched timezones enought to know when Pythra would release where I live, which would be 9 PM (I don't wanna specify it further), I predict that your home state will get them at either 7 or 8 PM.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Well, since I researched timezones enought to know when Pythra would release where I live, which would be 9 PM (I don't wanna specify it further), I predict that your home state will get them at either 7 or 8 PM.
If you're American, I'm guessing you're in the Eastern Time Zone. I'm in the Central Time Zone, meaning that if you're getting Pyra at 9:00, I'm getting her at 8:00. The only way you can have a two hour time difference is if you live in Canada or South America.

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I'm just hoping they don't come out at like 11pm est. I remember the day Joker was supposed to be released and the update basically didn't come out until almost midnight.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Now I know, Bobert Bobert , there's a glitch in your posts that makes you overlap and give us weird sideways text. Could you fix that?

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I have no clue what could be causing it to do that.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Well, now that Pythra have been released already, there's no point in discussing this thread further. Is there a way to lock these threads?

Top Bottom