• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Speculation Lists - A look of Nintendo recent releases and more

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
So, here I am again with more of these massive lists! You may remember my old analysis on each fighter of Smash4 and how they and their series appeared in each Nintendo system; Or maybe I'm known just by the fame of doing some mockups for K. Rool, Ryu and Crash back in the Ballot days.. and when a new Smash means that I have to be summoned again!

I have talked with Mods to create this thread; --This is one of my last efforts to help the community visualize the new content that may be featured in Smash for Switch. I listed several situations to lend a hand on the speculation, and that can be a interesting database for future discussions; Note that most of this can be outdated pretty quickly, but I can't actively update with new information; it was all searched with the info avaible as in 03/08/2018.

I also have to clarify that none of this contains my opinion on the matter, was an imparcial research for clear some doubts.

---First, we have a detailed list of all games featuring the current Smash Bros. fighters (Smash4 cast + the recently announced Inklings) released and/or announced between Smash4 3DS and the potential release of Smash Switch in September this year

---Second, this is a more modest list, but still relevant nonetheless; All games developed and/or published by Nintendo in one way or another, that are not related to the current cast of fighters in Smash Bros.; Again between the same timeframe as the last list:

*after a moment of reflection, I think I should've add the Nintendo Labo - Robot Kit in there. So there's already something to notice

---And last, something a bit different but still on the subject; is a study/analysis of potential 3rd Party characters guests; these were chosen by being often mentioned on the Smash4 Ballot and current relevance. This can lack some of your favorite ones, but still a big part of current discussions

I'll have to say though, that all of this is just for a loosely bases for content, whatever it is.. major like stages or fighters or minor like music, trophies and even tiny little mentions. Also, some of the titles released prior Smash4 3DS maybe will also be subject of being featured in Smash for Switch, since not all games were represented in some fashion.

again, I could have got some of details wrong here and there, but was still very hard work. Hope this can lead to some healthy discussions. I'll try to clarify questions about the research if I can =)

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Well... Digimon Universe Appmon was a game exclusively for Nintendo 3DS in Japan. December 1, 2016
Agumon was part of that game.
And Digimon have alot of exclusive Nintendo Games on GameBoy and DS.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Well... Digimon Universe Appmon was a game exclusively for Nintendo 3DS in Japan. December 1, 2016
Agumon was part of that game.
And Digimon have alot of exclusive Nintendo Games on GameBoy and DS.
As I said, the 3rd Party candidates were chosen by being popular requests at the Ballot time or being in current discussions; sadly I can't put everyone, but these are the most mentioned.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Very nice analysis mate.

Really gives us a good insight on what might get some stages or trophies this time around than just potential fighters.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I made something like this, It didn't have pictures and only talked about franchises already in Smash.

It was closed immediately, it was heartbreaking given how big it was
https://smashboards.com/threads/a-breakdown-of-nintendo-since-smash-wii-u-whats-new.452153/
I'm sorry about your thread.. was actually a pretty good effort! And I already had situations like this before; ~Although our focus here is a bit different, is appreciated that you linked it here to contribute anyway.

Very nice analysis mate.

Really gives us a good insight on what might get some stages or trophies this time around than just potential fighters.
Yep! I think people think too much about the potential of fighters, but other smaller details is usually ignored. Of course, the fighters and stages were normally the most exciting thing about a new Smash, but I care as much for these other minor things.

For exemple, even if we end getting no fighter of this series, I think there's big potential we're gonna see a bunch of trophies for Yo-Kai Watch! Nintendo published a lot of these games recently. --Ever Oasis is another one I can see getting represented by music or trophies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Personally, I probably would of left it open but perhaps this sort of thread is more important now that we have a tentative release date. As well, it could serve as a place for people to discuss potential franchise content within this time frame. I’m very excited to see Mario Odeyssey, Sun and Moon, and BoTW content includes.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Personally, I probably would of left it open but perhaps this sort of thread is more important now that we have a tentative release date. As well, it could serve as a place for people to discuss potential franchise content within this time frame. I’m very excited to see Mario Odeyssey, Sun and Moon, and BoTW content includes.

Definitely! those are the bare minimum to expect, of course.. we already have confirmation for Breath of the Wild, at least, but I'm excited to see stages and the like.

Other thing is the potential for surprise aside of fighters; like the Pilotwings stage we got last time, maybe they'll throw something of this kind again with Labo or some minor eShop title.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
What about stuff for more retro characters? I mean, there's got to be some virtual concole stuff between now and Smash 4, even if the Switch is notorious for not really having it.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
What about stuff for more retro characters? I mean, there's got to be some virtual concole stuff between now and Smash 4, even if the Switch is notorious for not really having it.
I'm really not considering trivial re-releases without the bells and whistles; just new games. The only old titles that get somewhat a free pass in this regards are remasters, remakes, ports (enhanced or not) and such. The only retro game that I counted was Star Fox 2, naturally, for being technically a new game, since it was never released before.

I think if we had some cases like Murasame Castle, Sin and Punishment and EarthBound Beginnings happening again, that would be worth mentioning.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't there also the Nes classic and Snes classic? Or was that before all the Smash 4 DLC was done?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Always good to have a list handy.

Good job.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Always good to have a list handy.

Good job.
Thanks! I always want to contribute the community and help illustrate some ideas from people ^-^

Wasn't there also the Nes classic and Snes classic? Or was that before all the Smash 4 DLC was done?
again, these I don't count just because consist in simple re-releases. the only exception is Star Fox 2, justified, since is legit new game for us.

Top Bottom