• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Speculation: Final Roster Count

How Many Characters Are On The Final Roster? (Including Echos)

Votes: 1 16.7%

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 80+

Votes: 4 66.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

the naaa

Smash Rookie
To begin my speculation: Let's reflect on Sakurai's comment during E3: Sakurai told us not to expect TOO many new entries.

Number of Character Additions:

Smash: 12 character off-rip​
Melee: Increase of 13 fighters (14 including Sheik)​
Brawl: Increase of 18 fighters (18 accounts Zero Suit, Charizard, Squirtle, & Ivysaur)​
Wii U: Increase of 15 fighters (15 accounts for Mii Fighter = 3) (17 with Echos) (21 including DLC)​
With this in mind, one would think that this installment of Smash Bros would have the least amount of newcomers out of all the installments. And so far we have FOUR completely brand new characters and four echo fighters. As far as non-echo characters go there are 67 with the most recent inclusions of Rool & Simon. Personally, I account for the echos being their own entry. They take up part of the character selection screen. Ergo, there was tons of more effort made than just making skins. With Echo fighters we are at 73 with the inclusions of
-Lucina​
-Dark Pit​
-Daisy
-Richter
-Chrom
-Dark Samus
I genuinely feel like Sakurai will not do more than 13 newcomers entries (including Echo fighters) I believe there will be 6-8 flat out new fighters (including Inkling, Ridley, Simon, & Rool) and 5-7 Echo fighters (including Daisy, Richter, Chrom, and Dark Samus)​
If there are 6 newcomers and 7 new echos or 8 newcomers and 5 echos, that would mean 13 fighters would be coming which would grant us 78 fighters. I think pushing it would be 8 newcomers and 7 echo fighters, but that then grants us 80 fighters. Smash Bros likes to say statements with numbers. I feel like a nice rounded 78 or 80 with echo fighters would have a nice ring to it.​
If Sakurai is really differentiating Echo fighters from Fighters, then 6-8 newcomers really to me sounds like a fair number of "few" newcomers considering previous installments. Because then when they give us the final fighter count, they're going to give us a total with the "few" newcomers, and then they're going to try to make it look prettier and make us understand respect the 8 additions, with the 5-7 echo fighters.​
This is my first post ever so I am sorry if this is pretty right field.

#BringInBirdo #BringInShadow #BringInBlaziken #BringInDarkShadow #BringInGeno #BringInOneMoreNewSeries

Top Bottom