• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Specified Controls?

CGKAHWA

Smash Rookie
I'm a fairly recent Ike main, but I already love the way he plays. However, I would like to know if it's better to change certain buttons to different functions for Ike for moves like fair and bair. Also, if I did that, would it be a problem for my other main (Falco)? And one last question... what's the best way to edgeguard Corrin? Run off fair, dair, or eruption?

Arrei

Smash Lord
Everybody seems to agree Ike performs better with the C-stick set to Attack. Everything else is up to your preference. I think Ike gains nothing from having Tap Jump on personally, but I just can't get used to playing with that off.

On edgeguarding, challenging Draconic Ascent seems to be harder than it looks - I've plowed through an awful lot of edgeguard attempts with it. Perhaps that'll change when people get more used to it, but for the time being there's little to be gained from doing it anyway. Either use Eruption, using Ascent's startup to figure out when to release, or run off into his path and use counter - it might not kill on account of Ascent dealing multiple small hitboxes resulting in only the lowest power counterattack, but you'll probably gimp him at the least.

Last edited:

BanGaRanG

Smash Rookie
My button layout goes like this and I play every character this way: (everything not mentioned is set to default)

:GCY: Grab
:GCZ:Shield
:GCRT:Jump
:GCCN:Attack

Y for grab bc it's faster on reaction for me
Z for shield bc It helps in powershield timing
R for jump bc I like to do rising QD with ike and I secondary sheik so it helps with needles->bf
C for attack so pivot tilts are quicker and there's less room for misinputs.

Cheers.

constable lemon

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure almost every Ike out there has C-stick set to attack, and everything else is up to preference. Tilt sticking is basically mandatory.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Ryuga used Smash stick actually. It's personal preference, but tilt stick just feels better IMO.

D

Deleted member 269706

I remember San. was the one who got me to start using L for jump. I always had it set to jump (cause I wanted to play Peach for a while) but when he explained to me how helpful it could be, and when I started implementing it into my play I found comboing out of throw got a lot easier, and double jump bair/fair got a lot easier. I also have c-stick set to attack cause Ike's smashes are very meh but his tilts work wonders.

Top Bottom