• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Specific Characters Match-up: Pikachu vs Wario

Felth

Smash Apprentice
Today I propose to study in this post the Wario MU. If you want to discuss other Matchup and you liked my idea just write a post following this idea. Suggestions of any type are welcome (I'm not an expert of Smash so it's probably that you know more than me about this).

Wario:

• Neutral Game:
  • Stage selection and Ban:
  • Specific Situations:
    • Ground - Ground:
    • Ground - Air:
    • Air - Air:
    • Off Stage:
    • Some situation to punish or to look (Situations that are advantageous to pikachu vs this character)
    • Situations to avoid?
Extra information:

• I don't want to lose all the information that the community has discovered at this point. Most of this theory it's in the MU Thread.
  • You can read the document made by the User Umbreoff which summarizes the previous post. Click here to see the document. I'm transcribing this document into a pdf version with access to new options. If you want to check the progress of this document I'll invite you to see the PDF Online Version.
  • With respect to the Killing Section: add Good Set-ups to perform the killing (not just the final attack). Set-ups performed in specific Stages are also welcome.
  • With respect to the Stage Selection Section: we should discuss what stages to avoid and what stages are good for Pikachu. The Smash Player Esam made a Depth Analysis on each Stage. Recall that some stages could be good for Pikachu but are even better for other character that's the reason for why we should discuss this kind of things here (one example is Halberd: IMO is good for Pikachu but not against Meta Knight).
  • With respect to the Difficulty Section we should discuss how difficult is this MU for Pikachu. If it's possible it would be good to associate a measure to this difficulty. I think that this section should be completed once we developed a lot of theory in the corresponding MU, otherwise is just speculation.
  • With respect to the Specific Situations Section we should discuss what to do in both scenarios.

Last edited:

Ninj4pikachu

Smash Journeyman
I came here hoping for help in this Match up but since nobody has posted anything, I guess I'll have to get things started by posting what I know. I don't like this MU, probably because of all the different movement options that Wario has. I lack a way to consistently deal with him. All I know for sure is, is that you want to separate Wario from his bike in this MU. Once Wario has lost his bike his recovery is gimped immensely unless he wastes Waft but that's good too. Other than that I sortof just give Wario his space to do his "Wario stuff" and punish when I recognize a mistake. I assume most Wario's thrive off of their opponents frustration, but since we have such great mobility he cant really annoy us if we just avoid him. I play very patent since we are faster but idk if that's the best way to do this MU.

Top Bottom