• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Special Inquisitor of the Ardainian Empire, Morag

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
"Think you can take me?! Don't forget me!"
Ahhh... the sound of Ardainian soldiers as you fight your way towards Special Inquisitor Morag.

Since Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is breaking records and expectations, it's logical that they get a new representative for Smash Switch... But honestly, they deserve a 2nd Xenoblade 2 character in my view. Xenoblade was my personal Game of the Year and was filled with rich story, characters, and gameplay. My favorite character was none other than Morag of the Ardainian Empire with her blade, Brighid. Together, I think they'd fit in nicely in the Smash Switch roster, along with Rex and Pyra (Xenoblade 2's main protagonists).

Morag is an tank class character that gets all the enemies to target her, then expertly avoids all attacks, allowing your party's damage dealers to dish out DPS without fear of losing their HP. Together, with her fiery blade, Brighid, their inclusion would be seamless.

My vision would be to make them similar to Zelda in a sense, but mostly similar to a Marcina-Sheik hybrid. Give her good overall speed, frame data, and a respectable disjoint (her swords double as whips in certain cutscenes) . Brighid would come into play in a similar fashion as Zelda's phantom; have certain moves send out Brighid as an active hitbox, but otherwise keep the stage free of clutter and have only Morag as strictly playable. For example, maybe her down B summons Brighid on the field for 5 seconds, and all attacks that connect with Brighid are dealt back to the user (like an active Counter hitbox that stays on stage for a while). In exchange for an oppressive neutral (disjoint + frame data), her damage output, kill potential, and recovery would all be up for grabs as tradeoffs.

I think the possibilities are endless here and I don't think Morag's inclusion is too far from a reality; sure, she's got some competition, but 2 newcomers from the Xenoblade franchise isn't unlikely considering its success and Morag has her foot in the door for sure. She needs to compete with Rex, Zeke, Tora, Nia, and Jin. Unlikely, but not out of the question.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Oh damn, there's a whipsword user in Xenoblade Chronicles 2? SUPPORT. I think it looks better when a character only uses one whipsword. How likely is that?

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Oh damn, there's a whipsword user in Xenoblade Chronicles 2? SUPPORT. I think it looks better when a character only uses one whipsword. How likely is that?
Probably not very, but I would imagine they'd likely incorporate it into numerous attacks. Not all, but a lot. And YES! I love whipswords too!

Hopes and dreams!

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Smash has added two or more characters from the same game before, so it's definitely not impossible.

If we did get a second Xenoblade 2 character after Rex, I think Mòrag would be the most unique pick. She could be a glass cannon whose attacks have a long reach. As for Brigid, much like Robin & Chrom, she could only appear when Mòrag is using a certain attack, or during Mòrag's victory. I don't think we need an Ice Climber or Pokémon Trainer mechanic.

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I was planning to make this thread lol
Definitely support! I'd love if her moveset went through two or three different Blades and that changed her moveset to some effect (kind of like Pokémon Trainer in a way but just with weapons)

Like, one Tank, one Attack and one Healer. Tank would be Brighid obviously, and then for Healer I'd pick Ursula just because I'm biased and I love her lol

I imagine her Final Smash being an elemental combo with the three blades she has

But really, I just want anyone but Rex. Rex is cool but... Morag, Nia, Zeke and Tora are just... better imo

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
This thread is the culminnation of years of training.

I do find it interesting how much people like Morag for Smash. Really, I've seen most of the Drivers suggested. After the inevitable Rex, I'm for Nia, but Morag is pretty awesome as well.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
My favourite Xenoblade character, more than happy to have her, but I don't expect her

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
This will probably never happen but I'll still support. Been playing through XB2 and Morag is one of my favorite party members.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I come to post again from 1.5 years into the future.

Here's hoping she gets a costume in March.

Last edited:
Top Bottom