• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spear Pillar (Palkia) Causes A Visual Glitch In Mewtwo's Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

CND

Smash Cadet
Bug: Spear Pillar (Palkia) causes a visual glitch in Mewtwo's eyes
Version: 3.6 Hackless Full Set
Hardware: Wii
Loading Method: Stage Builder
Custom Content: No
Details (Partially Intermittent): While playing as Mewtwo on Spear Pillar with Palkia as the background Pokemon, Mewtwo eyes begin to experience visual glitches and inconsistencies. The most consistent inconsistency occurs when Palkia first enters. Mewtwo's eyes are mostly white before Palkia enters, but when Palkia enters they turn to a kind of glazed middle-ish grey. More apparent visual glitches occur, but I can not seem to find a consistent way to trigger them. They include a darker greenish tone, black and white lines, and black eyes. At one point while it was green, I paused the screen and the eyes cycled through various green patterns rapidly. I tried to replicate it on the Dialga version, but it did not occur. Of these visual glitches the black and white scattered lines and the black eyes occur more often. Also, if the player continues playing Mewtwo, the visual glitch will have a lasting impact and continue to occur on other stages. I tried Temple, Skyloft, Battlefield, and Luigi's Mansion and it occurred on all of these stages after playing Spear Pillar; however it did not occur on Big Blue, so I assume there are some stages it will not work on. Also, I noticed if Mewtwo has black eyes when quitting the match, he will have black eyes at the victory screen. The glitch can be stopped by playing as a different character then selecting Mewtwo again. When the glitch is carried over to another stage, it seems easier to "toggle" between normal, black and white, and black. Although I have not determined a consistent trigger for the glitch, it seems to be affected by using some moves such as having a shadowball charge, using moves with the purple effects (forward air was what I used most to try to switch between normal and black eyes), or using teleport. I did not try down special or side special.

Attachments:
"Glazed" Darker Eyes

Dark Green Eyes

Black and white scattered lines

Almost pure black eyes

The same moment as the previous screenshot but angled slight, presumably this is what Mewtwo's eyes are supposed to look like on Spear Pillar (Palkia version)

On Skyloft black white scattered lines

On Skyloft, blackish eyes

On Temple, darkened eyes and similar scattered lines pattern

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
This sounds like the start of a bad creepy pasta.
I turned to my friend and started to say "Man, this glitch is pretty weird", but before I could finish speaking, I froze in horror. His eyes had turned completely black. His mouth opened wider than seemed humanly possible, and in a demonic voice he uttered these terrible words

"W̷̒̑̒e͚͍̳͔̮̳ͦͧͧ͌ͥ ̎̎̌̽̂d̳ͪ̈̿̉͋̐̾͞r͖̝̺͊̽e̯ͮ̇ͤ͐̈͊́ã̡̰͍̹̱̺̱̻m͓̬̜̱̝̠̓̎ͯͦề͚̻̪̲̳̈́́͝d̞͙̞̿̿̒̀ ̨̩̭͈̞͓̖̠o̺̰͎̖̝̗̙͒̉͋̃ͩ̒ͫf̜̮͔̲͍̘͕͘ ̢̹̹̠͙̥̌̾̑̑̇c̞͈͈̙͂̉ͦ̒ȓ̟̭̮̔̀ͧ̑͑̚e̥̗̾̌ͧ̔á̘̦̥͕̘̣̯̋̏̋̌͢ṱ̟̗̮͋̆ị̽̐̌ͮͥ̓n͔̏̒g͎̱̬̃͆́̿͟ ̋͌̇̈̀͐͑͘ṭ̫ͪ̂̔ͭḣ̞̗̳̞̤̟̅ͅẻ̞̯͆ͮ̑̈ w̸̔̑͐ͯ́ô̪͔̈͠r̠̥͓̯̬̝̐l̗͈ͩ̌̑̕dͣ͏͖'̦̱ͯ͂̑́ͨṡ͔ͦ̔͠ ͖̤̲̠̻ͯ͊̐̿͌m̛̗̗̱̺ͥͪ̽̆́o̰̯̙͓̊͒st̮̗̼̪͎̐̌ͤ̎̎ ̻̗͍͔̭͔͔̽ͪ̉ͫͦ̆̚ṗ̵̻͖̥ͥ͆̒o̦͍͙̬̣w̩͚̼̤e̸̟̲̮r̹̝͖͙͇̀̉̓̔̚f̡̯̟̱̗̣̬͆ͪ͗̒ṳ̣͇̹͎̊̅̆̉̓ͮl̴̰͎͉̅ͤͦ̽̋̿ ̘̘̻͙̝͝Ṕ̘̚o̹̞̜̙͖͓̍͑̽̋͐̈́ͣke̟̫̟̫̗͖͊̂͠ͅm̓ͧ̈́ͅoͯͣͣͯ̋ͧ̆n͎͎̦̰ͬͯ̽̓ͯ.ͨ̿̒҉͖͈ͅ.͔̤̽ͥ̉͂ͬͦ.̢̩̼̩̳ͨͤͭͫ"

".͉͎̻̹͙̜̥̈́̂̕.̨̘͑͘͘.̲͖̮͔̈́͗͝͡à̷ͨ͐͌̈́ͮ̌͏̰̰͇̞̺̪n̴͂̄̈ͯ̚҉̪̹͍͚̤d̵͖͚ͬͯ̂͂̽̓ͭ̓̕ ̳͔͎͋̾̾̉̏ͩw̵͉͛͐ͣ͋ͭ̾͜͞ͅę̴̯̩̂ͨ̑ͬ̌ ̙̭̠̯̜͚͔ͫ̅̃ͯͯ̐͠ş̛͇͙̰͍̤̫͒́͆ų̮̬͙̭͍̺̻ͭͩ͊͂̃̃͘͝ͅc̯̞̬͗ͤ͝͡c͔̯̰̩̤̠ͮ̑̉̋̀eͥ̈̆ͨ̂̏ͫ͋͞͏̜͔̝è͌͒҉̕͏͇̳̤ḍ̰̪ͩ̊̂̍͟ę̟̙̙̊ͯͣ͋ͣ̌ͩ̆ḑ̸͚̤͙̤̩̘̗̠̟̋ͭ͢"

2spooky

Last edited:

CND

Smash Cadet
This sounds like the start of a bad creepy pasta.
I turned to my friend and started to say "Man, this glitch is pretty weird", but before I could finish speaking these words, I froze in horror. His eyes had turned completely black. His mouth opened wider than seemed humanly possible, and in a demonic voice he uttered these terrible words

"W̷̒̑̒e͚͍̳͔̮̳ͦͧͧ͌ͥ ̎̎̌̽̂d̳ͪ̈̿̉͋̐̾͞r͖̝̺͊̽e̯ͮ̇ͤ͐̈͊́ã̡̰͍̹̱̺̱̻m͓̬̜̱̝̠̓̎ͯͦề͚̻̪̲̳̈́́͝d̞͙̞̿̿̒̀ ̨̩̭͈̞͓̖̠o̺̰͎̖̝̗̙͒̉͋̃ͩ̒ͫf̜̮͔̲͍̘͕͘ ̢̹̹̠͙̥̌̾̑̑̇c̞͈͈̙͂̉ͦ̒ȓ̟̭̮̔̀ͧ̑͑̚e̥̗̾̌ͧ̔á̘̦̥͕̘̣̯̋̏̋̌͢ṱ̟̗̮͋̆ị̽̐̌ͮͥ̓n͔̏̒g͎̱̬̃͆́̿͟ ̋͌̇̈̀͐͑͘ṭ̫ͪ̂̔ͭḣ̞̗̳̞̤̟̅ͅẻ̞̯͆ͮ̑̈ w̸̔̑͐ͯ́ô̪͔̈͠r̠̥͓̯̬̝̐l̗͈ͩ̌̑̕dͣ͏͖'̦̱ͯ͂̑́ͨṡ͔ͦ̔͠ ͖̤̲̠̻ͯ͊̐̿͌m̛̗̗̱̺ͥͪ̽̆́o̰̯̙͓̊͒st̮̗̼̪͎̐̌ͤ̎̎ ̻̗͍͔̭͔͔̽ͪ̉ͫͦ̆̚ṗ̵̻͖̥ͥ͆̒o̦͍͙̬̣w̩͚̼̤e̸̟̲̮r̹̝͖͙͇̀̉̓̔̚f̡̯̟̱̗̣̬͆ͪ͗̒ṳ̣͇̹͎̊̅̆̉̓ͮl̴̰͎͉̅ͤͦ̽̋̿ ̘̘̻͙̝͝Ṕ̘̚o̹̞̜̙͖͓̍͑̽̋͐̈́ͣke̟̫̟̫̗͖͊̂͠ͅm̓ͧ̈́ͅoͯͣͣͯ̋ͧ̆n͎͎̦̰ͬͯ̽̓ͯ.ͨ̿̒҉͖͈ͅ.͔̤̽ͥ̉͂ͬͦ.̢̩̼̩̳ͨͤͭͫ"

".͉͎̻̹͙̜̥̈́̂̕.̨̘͑͘͘.̲͖̮͔̈́͗͝͡à̷ͨ͐͌̈́ͮ̌͏̰̰͇̞̺̪n̴͂̄̈ͯ̚҉̪̹͍͚̤d̵͖͚ͬͯ̂͂̽̓ͭ̓̕ ̳͔͎͋̾̾̉̏ͩw̵͉͛͐ͣ͋ͭ̾͜͞ͅę̴̯̩̂ͨ̑ͬ̌ ̙̭̠̯̜͚͔ͫ̅̃ͯͯ̐͠ş̛͇͙̰͍̤̫͒́͆ų̮̬͙̭͍̺̻ͭͩ͊͂̃̃͘͝ͅc̯̞̬͗ͤ͝͡c͔̯̰̩̤̠ͮ̑̉̋̀eͥ̈̆ͨ̂̏ͫ͋͞͏̜͔̝è͌͒҉̕͏͇̳̤ḍ̰̪ͩ̊̂̍͟ę̟̙̙̊ͯͣ͋ͣ̌ͩ̆ḑ̸͚̤͙̤̩̘̗̠̟̋ͭ͢"

2spooky
That response was so good.

Nothing creepy here...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom