• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sparking some discussion - Pikachu Smash Switch speculation thread

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
I'm guessing Catastropika will be his new final smash.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Random shower thought of the day: which pikachu is Pikachu anyway? Is it Ash's Pikachu, Red's Pikachu, a random wild pokemon that snuck into Smash? If that "Melee's Pichu evolved in the Brawl Pikachu" theory is true, then whatever happened to the old Pika? Is it still the Pichu evolved in SSB4 or did the old one come back? Would Pichu being put back into the roster technically be a separate pichu than the 1 from Melee who's the current Pikachu?

These are the questions that keep me up at night.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'll get hate for this, but give me skinny Pikachu all day.

If any changes I wouldn't mind bair, and Side-b getting changed.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Side B indeed could use a change, and I'd prefer that Pikachu becomes more of a glass canon and that Neutral B gets buffed into a faster or more workable projectile. Or even a charge up projectile? Quick Attack also should be able to combo better and not just be used with the QAC shenanigans of the past two games.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'll get hate for this, but give me skinny Pikachu all day.

If any changes I wouldn't mind bair, and Side-b getting changed.
I honestly prefer Thicchu. It seems, to me, that he was the most fun in 64 and still moderately fun in Melee. However, once Brawl hit, he got really weird; my sister, who literally mained him for years at that point, dropped him because of the vast difference. They more or less maintained that in Smash 4. In some ways he feels better than Brawl, but in others, he feels... well, worse, obviously. I never really played him that much in Brawl and sort of gave him a chance this time around. At this point though, if we are still going down this road, I am probably done.

Albeit, it has nothing to do with whether or not he is obese. They could make him meatier while still using the Victoria's Secret version. I just associate fun with chubs.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I would like to see Pikachu just a bit smaller in scale.
He is nearly mid ranged size, and that doesn't suit so well with me.

And while I don't know what I would prefer, I would like to see his moveset updated.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
why is this even a thread

pikachu is part of the orginal 12

the orignal 12 are banned from being cut from smash

but im guessing for moveset purpose's

im having a troublesome time figuring out new moves for pikachu to be honest

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I would like to see Pikachu just a bit smaller in scale.
He is nearly mid ranged size, and that doesn't suit so well with me.

And while I don't know what I would prefer, I would like to see his moveset updated.
While I would like characters to be somewhat closer to their actual size, fighting something that small would be a ****ing nightmare in Smash, so I think the size needs to stay the way it is.

All I want changed for Pikachu's attacks is his side special. I have no idea what I'd replace it with though.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
While I would like characters to be somewhat closer to their actual size, fighting something that small would be a ****ing nightmare in Smash, so I think the size needs to stay the way it is.

All I want changed for Pikachu's attacks is his side special. I have no idea what I'd replace it with though.
****ing Iron Tail.
Anime Pika has had it as a signature since what, gen 4?
Speaking of gen 4...

Kronus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1907-8046-6707
****ing Iron Tail.
Anime Pika has had it as a signature since what, gen 4?
Speaking of gen 4...
I was thinking the same thing. They should remove skull bash (very random move for Pikachu) and replace it with Iron Tail and maybe Electro Ball for his neutral smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
NO! Anime **** should not be represented in Smash!
It works for U Smash? Or other tail-based attacks if it means more power on them.

I'd like if Pikachu became a more ranged character. Small, but having great range and speed despite being KO'd very easily.

Pikachu should've been the 'glass canon' of the Pokemon roster instead of Mewtwo. Yeah, it suits Mewtwo as well... But it didn't make sense Mewtwo was lighter than Pikachu. I'd like for a better representation. A good overhaul of Pikachu would be nice.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
It works for U Smash? Or other tail-based attacks if it means more power on them.

I'd like if Pikachu became a more ranged character. Small, but having great range and speed despite being KO'd very easily.

Pikachu should've been the 'glass canon' of the Pokemon roster instead of Mewtwo. Yeah, it suits Mewtwo as well... But it didn't make sense Mewtwo was lighter than Pikachu. I'd like for a better representation. A good overhaul of Pikachu would be nice.
I don't think Pikachu needs an overhaul, but the rest of what you said makes a lot of sense, so now I'm conflicted.

NO! Anime **** should not be represented in Smash!
It already is. Lucario takes his voice from the anime, Mewtwo's Japanese voice lines were based on the anime, Jiggs was chosen because of the anime. If anything they need to do more based on the anime to give these characters some personality. I'd love to have a victory screen with Pikachu hugging a bottle of catchup, or Jigglypuff drawing on the screen with a marker.

Quillion

Smash Hero
FunAtParties FunAtParties : Even still, I would like the characters to be more based on the main games, or failing that, Pokkén Tournament in terms of characterization. Even Pokémon Origins would work as it portrays the Pokémon as dangerous, instinctive beasts.

PF9

Smash Lord
I'd like Pikachu's down taunt look more like it did in Brawl again. It was much cuter with Pikachu's eyes closed than with them open.

Proof positive:

Last edited:

HairMythe

Smash Cadet
So, Pokemon let's go was revealed, and in that game we'll be able to give outfits to either Pikachu or Eevee. Not just a cap on top of their head, but shirts as well. Should we expect at least some fully clothed Pikachu as alternate skins in the next smash ?

PF9

Smash Lord
Would you say Pikachu is the cutest Smash character of the last two games?

PF9

Smash Lord
Over the years my favorite specimen of Pikachu (my favorite Pokemon) has been the one belonging to Ash Ketchum in the anime, one of the most iconic Pokemon specimen period. Their bond is unlike any other between trainer and Pokemon. It is my belief that is is this very Pikachu that has been playable in the Smash series, and so I want his new on-screen appearance to be Ash sending him out, and his new Final Smash to be 10,000,000-Volt Thunderbolt which requires Ash's cap.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The only change needed is for Pikachu to have his detective and Lucha gear as alts

PF9

Smash Lord
Both the electric mice are back.

Pikachu is my main, Pichu is my secondary.

Both extremely cute.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
It looks like Pikachu might have had a few small changes but he overall looks like the good ol' rat we know and love. Skull Bash seems to have less endlag since he goes into a taunt quite quickly off of it in the trailer, and his NAir seems to be completely new with his curling attack being removed (considering the nerf it took between Brawl and WiiU/3DS, I'm open to this change). Here's hoping he's still a solid character as he's always been.

PF9

Smash Lord
The one thing I really wanted aesthetically, realistic fur, is still absent from Pikachu. Other non-human mammals have it why not the electric mice?

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Have we seen his Up B? I want it to be Surf but I know it never will be :(.
Yes, it's still Quick Attack. If you watch the trailer, he uses QA just before performing Thunder. I can't remember if it's in his particular trailer or just the general intro reveal trailer, I think it's in his character trailer, though.

PF9

Smash Lord
Has anyone here had a pet (fancy) mouse? I like looking at videos and pictures of other people's pet mice and saying Pikachu and Pichu's names (as I see both adult and baby mice).

Also from what I hear SSB4 Amiibo save data will be compatible with the new game. I should be able to use "The Brain" (my Pikachu FP) with SSB Ultimate as well as most of my other existing FPs.

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
disappointed they didn't replace Headbutt with Volt Tackle and make Catastropika his/her Final Smash. I mean, Volt Tackle could literally be Headbutt... just with electric effects.

Oh well, since I kinda mained Pika in Smash 4, I am very excited to see what other changes they've made!

CatTastic

Smash Cadet
I know this isn't the place but hear me out.

You guys and your Pika pal owe Meowth and his fans!
Think of all the fun to be had if Meowth gets in.

Back us up any where, anytime, any outlet and get our likes up!

PF9

Smash Lord
I wonder what Pikachu's character model would look like with realistic fur.

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
Probably weird, but don't look up "furry pikachu" on Google.

Also, Pika got way too many buffs, including KO moves being overly buffed (Thunder kills at like 75), kill confirms (WHY NAIR-USMASH), and edgeguarding tools (FAir and BAir are better AND DAir spikes).
He's quite an OPika character.

PF9

Smash Lord
Just looked closely at Incineroar's in-game render - and what do I see? Realistic fur.

It just bugs me that they give most of the non-human mammals realistic fur, but not the electric mice.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I know this wasn't planned, but now that we've got the Detective Pikachu movie trailer out, I really want it as an alt costume. Do you think it would work?

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Hello, fellow Pikachu fans, who’s ready for Let’s Go Pikachu and Let’s Go Eevee’s release today?

My planned team:
:025::006::094::131::143::149:
Secondaries to change out from time to time:
:001::007::012::034::039:Psyduck :059::061::095::097::103::107::122::123::125::130::141::142::150:

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
I had a thought. They should release a Pikachu Amiibo (and also a Pichu one) that has simulated "fur" on it (kind of like a Furreal Friend).

Top Bottom