• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spamtastic!

Foo

Smash Lord
I'm normally a very aggressive player, but after looking over some frame data and doing some testing, I've found that zss can really easily camp with blaster. It has low start up and cooldown for a projectile, so you can put a lot of them out there really quickly. Basically, if someone else is spamming projectiles you can clank them and put out more than they can, so you will eventually start hitting them. You can also stay mobile while shooting them in the air and use platforms to control where they go and stuff like that.

Basically, ZSS has a camp game now that you can use to force slow characters to approach when you have a lead or negate another players camp game if they are trying to do something like that to you. Pesky mario camping with fireballs? Just spam right back at him and you will beat him out.

TL;DR You can put more blaster shots per second than pretty much anyone else can do with their projectiles, and it clanks pretty much all projectiles: Discuss.

Legit

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1075-1516-8692
Does little damage, straight line, easily PS'd/avoided.... I still don't think it's all that great, but I have started to use it to try to force approaches. But on the real, most characters with projectiles themselves are going to outcamp you if they aren't flat out ********.

AfterburnDeity

Smash Rookie
With its improved range, you might be able to punish a landing or force a shield after an aerial combo. That's its best use that I've seen.

DragSamus

Smash Rookie
I know this is kind of an old post, but paralyzer is really good imo.
I get a lot of tech-chases and b-reverse mixups with it. By tech-chases, I mean I can get good punishes on people who roll away thanks to the range increase.
Also, you can always be shooting that thing during neutral. If the opponent's a solid distance away from you, start pressing that B-button.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
It's not that Paralyzer is good, it's that the people you're playing against are bad. Tech chasing with Paralyzer is rarely, if ever, optimal in 3.5 (ironically, since you made a point of bringing up 3.0 in the other threads you bumped, it was a decent option back then). You sacrifice control of the situation in order to cover a singular option, yet ZSS can cover multiple options on reaction. In neutral it's easily powershielded or avoided entirely with minimal consequence. The most prominent use of Paralyzer in 3.5 imo is limiting your opponent's options when they're trying to reach the ground at a midrange distance.

Top Bottom