• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spacing With Wolf

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Shoot laser. Care to be more specific?

Rᴀᴍᴇɴ

Smash Rookie
I can be more specific. So say I want to space out an aggressive opponent, I want to know what would be the best way to space him/her out in order to make him/her have to come up with a new approach. What moves should use? Is there any tech I should use to space out my opponent the best possible way?

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I guess it depends on how aggressive they're being, and what tools they also have at their disposal with their character choice.

Laser is still your #1 best spacing tool in almost every situation that doesn't involve them being directly in your face (but can be useful even there, due to the bayonet hitbox, say if they try to roll past the laser). A lot of characters are forced to either shield or jump over it, so their options will be more readable. Doing something like, baiting a jump with lasers then hitting them with a Wolf Flash from across the stage will definitely make them rethink how to approach.

You probably want to get pretty good at spacing Ftilt and Fair. Ftilt has a super deceptively long reach (longer than Marth's sword) and is a good failsafe "get off me" option if they manage to breach your defenses. You don't necessarily need to hit both hitboxes for it to be an effective deterrent, so long as you space the 2nd (far) hitbox to hit. Fade back fairs can catch people trying to dash-grab you or going for roll behind crossups, and in turn you can start a combo off that.

A lot of what Wolf is, is capitalizing on unsafe options that he can also force with an annoying projectile. You can make them more scared that you're going to do something, even if you don't. Hoping that helps at least a bit.

Top Bottom