• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoV: What did you reclass the Villagers too?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
In SoV there are units you can reclass to almost any class. I'm wondering what everyone did, especially on their first playthrough before they found out what the ideals are.

I went with..

Gray-Mage
Tobin-Mercinary
Faye-Pegasus Knight
Kliff-Archer.

From what I hear that's horrible, but I'm already in act 4, what can you do? What about you guys?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
First time:
- Gray: Archer
- Tobin: Mercenary
- Kliff: Mage
- Faye: Cleric

Everyone says to go with Archer on Tobin, and Merc on Gray, but I found that this works out better, from my experiences. Tobin's higher Skl growth and support from Gray makes him a crit machine once you get a forged Brave Sword on him.

If I remember correctly, back when I played Gaiden, I had the same setup, just with Tobin and Gray reversed to follow the usual advice (and Faye didn't exist then, obviously). So if you want to be pedantic, that was my real first time making that decision. :p

My most recent file had Tobin as a mage, and Kliff as a merc, but with Gray and Faye the same. Tobin's not a terrible pick for Mage since he gets Excalibur early on and can get Physic after promotion, but in general Kliff probably handles it better.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Gray: Mercenary
Tobin: Mage
Kliff: Mercenary
Faye: Cleric

With a couple of good swords on Alm's route like the Lightning Sword, I felt it was best to have two mercs so I can have some fun trade strats in the early mid game with them and Alm. Tobin was great with excalibur, but he kind of fell off around when Delthea showed up. He then became a physic bot. I found Faye to be very valuable as a cleric, thanks to physic and rescue. Silque just has a hard time getting to where everyone else is that, Faye often did most of the healing, with Silque topping her off.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
My first playthrough I made the villagers what the game hinted/suggested you to make them with Mercenary Gray, Archer Tobin, Mage Kliff but I made Faye a Cavalier (and regretted it later).

Subsequent playthroughs though I go with this setup.

Gray: Mercenary, he stays the same class just so I can fix his awful speed stat.
Tobin: Mage, early access to Excalibur plus as a Sage he gets Physic which is always nice to have except for the side effect of healing being his only role late game.
Kliff: Archer, since I make Tobin the Mage these days Kliff takes up the bow in his friend's stead plus I like putting Killer Bow on as many units as possible.
Faye: Cleric, arguably the best medic in the game in my opinion besides Tatiana and she always seems to crit when Alm is standing nearby due to passive support which keeps her health full plus she teams up well with Silque for Warp/Rescue shenanigans.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
First time around I went Merc!Gray, Archer!Tobin, and Mage!Kliff, not even realize it was canon, and then proceeded to make Faye into the most subpar cavalier ever. :p Subsequent playthroughs made her a cleric instead for Rescue, while the OG Ram trio stayed as their canon classes because canon is cool.

Though funny enough Tobin and Kliff should be a Mage and Cavalier or Archer, respectively, if you're going for a purely efficiency run (mainly due to Kliff being on the slow side for a Mage, while Tobin gets early Excalibur). But that never sat right with me lol.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Gray - Mercenary
Tobin - Archer
Kliff - Mage
Faye - Cleric

I didn't raise Gray and Kliff properly though they were useful for a good while. Tobin turned out pretty good though, mainly due to being my Longbow (I think that's what it was called) user. Faye turned out amazing. Give her shields and a small handful Def boosts (how much you give her depends on how lucky/unlucky you get with Def growths on her) and she can become a ridiculous Nosferatu tank. She's basically female Gandalf.

I beat the Rudoplh map with JUST Alm, Faye, and Silque. That's how good she is. I was having trouble clearing the map by trying to spread out EXP and beat it normally but what I ended up doing was just deploying those three units, had Silque use Warp on Alm and Faye to get them up to the right hand ramparts, and then the two of them just took on everyone. Silque was eventually Rescue'd up too by Faye when some of the enemies going for her reached her.

Last edited:
Top Bottom