• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soulcalibur V

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Just-guarding is different, the new guard impact is 4ABK and it uses a bar of your meter for not much gain. There are also guard impact moves which are really useful, because they don't use meter, but they have a predetermined follow up.

LCK :P

Smash Rookie
ok... im gonna hype SCV is the **IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT I mean I LOVE this game I LOVE it still need to get better at it though i like using my custom character i modeled after Xiba and btw my xbox live tag is Hawk3y3Oh7

TL?

Smash Ace
Guard impact is good but situational. Keep in mind it works on high, mid, and low eliminating potential mixups and puts you at a much much greater advantage than the old GI from previous games. I still pretty much never use it though. I do use character specific GI moves though.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I really dislike how the new characters are meh. Kilik and Ely are lame.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
What makes the characters lame?

And yeah Kilik and Ely don't even have their own personality in 5, as far as I know, so I can see where you're coming from there.

In my opinion, Leixia, Natsu, and Pat are all fine. I like Viola, and I love Pyrrha. Xiba and Zwei are meh, in terms of character, but I don't mind much. I think all their fighting styles are fine, and I'm just glad we're seeing a fighting game that isn't scared to remove/change characters. Opinions obv.

TL?

Smash Ace
I think all of the new/revamped characters are awesome in terms of moveset/animation/functionality. Some of the character designs are kinda annoying though.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Sooooo guys~
Anyone notice how bad, insulting, and gimmickey dampierre is? :D

Its like, he was put into this game ONLY to troll players.
Spank throw for troll tier~

Flayl

Smash Hero
Are his pummeling and spanking grabs random or are they affected by mashing? I can't tell.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Sooooo guys~
Anyone notice how bad, insulting, and gimmickey dampierre is? :D

Its like, he was put into this game ONLY to troll players.
Spank throw for troll tier~
This so much.

It never fails to make me mad when my innocent Pyrrha gets spanked by that ****ing Dampierre. :'(

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
He's effected by an awful lot of different things. I'll give ya what I know~
His poker bluff grabs ARE effected by mashing, but when you mash, you gotta REALLY faceroll your controller madly to get the max damage. Rotating your joy stick counts as an input so I recommend doing that while mashing buttons.

His spank throw is actually effected by when you do it. Its hard to time these kinda moves though. It goes threw all the variables with in a single second. I find I get the max hits when you input it at like the very end of a second. Other then that, his 623 b, 623 KKKKKKKKK, and A+B are all effected by this same mechanic. I think theres a few others i'm missing too. Just be on your guard. Dampierres moves are unpredictable, not only for you but for your opponent. Neither of you have a clue whats gonna come out when it comes out. I'd give up on trying to predict it and just focus on reaction skills, and poker bluff confirms.

I also hear that his chances get higher when hes low on health, kinda like lucario. I love me some comeback mechanics~ =w=

TL?

Smash Ace
This game is getting a balance/bug fix patch on the 21st. I'm actually a bit suprised that they're attempting rebalancing this early.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
^
Same with Tira
(And make her not change phases every freaking time she gets hit. They need to reduce the possibility on that when an opponent hits you.)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Winning 10 matches with Ezio sucks... i'm at 3 win / 30 losses..but if I used my main...I'd be so much better.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
overall damage nerf please
and fix step g damnit so that the risk equals reward
fuzzy guarding is mad annoying as well
those fundamentally for the good of the game need to go

now for my personal maybe slightly scrubby wishes are
lexia is too safe nerf that
make mitsus 2kb safe on hit please
you shouldnt be punished for scoring a hit lmfao
make makis fist moves take away less health combos from run counter into fist take away WAY to much imo
buff alpha pat (trololol)
make sigs 3b it least -7 on block so he cant just abuse knees
nothing can punish it but would like to see sigs more tentative after they use it
change yoshis iron fist possession back to clock based
give mitsu his just frame bA slide move back and his kB
thats it

small achievement but finally got to be number 1 in the world on the ranked leader boards today A1!
though that will change by the time i wake up probably cause people are still playing
one of these day with enough free time i would like to go to a offline tournament for this game see how the big boys play and learn alot

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Grats man, that's really cool.

lol'd @ alpha pat buff.

I seriously hope they don't nerf Pyrrha's Angel Strike.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I play Natsu and I really like the way she plays, but it sometimes feels like it's a too easy win (except against certain characters). I hope they nerf her damage output on some moves because basic stuff like 4AB posession 8AG is just too easy for ripping half your opponents life bar.

On another note, I've tried lost of stuff with my router to get a smooth online experience but I can't quite seem to more than 2 bars on a regular basis. And while I know that no lag games are almost impossible to get, I still think its a huge shame seeing as fighting games like these are a matter of frames. At least there's some kind of buffer system to sort of try to fix ****.

Is there anyone who can recommend certain settings for my router (I'm using a siemens router with the name 'experiabox')? And will it decrease my chances of good games when someone else is also leeching my signal? I think around 5-6 devices are connected to it, not at the same time mostly including my smartphone, my bro's smartphone, 2 pc's, my laptop and another xbox.

Peaceout

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
1.02 Patch Notes

"lengthened freeze for performing the move"
This means you can be more easily punished if you miss, right? Does this mean the move is an less fast to come out? :|

Besides that, pretty solid update. Glad to see some of the nerfs/buffs, I think it's over-all a good improvement. Naturally, I'm disappointed my character saw a minor buff, but I can get over it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
On another note, I've tried lost of stuff with my router to get a smooth online experience but I can't quite seem to more than 2 bars on a regular basis. And while I know that no lag games are almost impossible to get, I still think its a huge shame seeing as fighting games like these are a matter of frames. At least there's some kind of buffer system to sort of try to fix ****.

Is there anyone who can recommend certain settings for my router (I'm using a siemens router with the name 'experiabox')? And will it decrease my chances of good games when someone else is also leeching my signal? I think around 5-6 devices are connected to it, not at the same time mostly including my smartphone, my bro's smartphone, 2 pc's, my laptop and another xbox.

Peaceout
Well, first of all, hopefully you have a wired connection on your 360. That'll help. Having people use our internet will definitely slow things down. Another is depending on if your router is blocking some connections. I usually port forward or DMZ Host my consoles whenever I play. And last, it really depends if your connection is decent or not. If you're getting like 1 Mbps or something as your upload speed, that's pretty bad.
1.02 Patch Notes

"lengthened freeze for performing the move"
This means you can be more easily punished if you miss, right? Does this mean the move is an less fast to come out? :|

Besides that, pretty solid update. Glad to see some of the nerfs/buffs, I think it's over-all a good improvement. Naturally, I'm disappointed my character saw a minor buff, but I can get over it.
I'm glad that they fixed that jump/guard OS kind of thing. As for the nerfs, I would've preferred mostly damage nerfs for the strong characters rather than taking away some of their tools.

TL?

Smash Ace
The fixes to various guard exploits alone make this patch good. The actual changelist is a bit vague on some specifics so some of these nerfs/buffs might not be to the degree that they seem. The leixia changelist in particular seems brutal, but I think we should wait for the actual patch to come out so we can actually see how much certain characters have changed.

My current main is Patroklos, and judging from the changelist hes exactly as good as he was before so I'm fine with this patch.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
OMG WHAT DID THEY DO TO MY LEIXIA ;_;

And wtfff Violaaaaaaa? B+K BE damage increased from 10 ---> 50 LOL

I dual main Leixia and Viola and it seems they have now swapped their position in the tier lists. :p Oh well I slightly preferred Viola anyway xd

:053:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Aeon
"B.B.B (Turnus Style Furious Drought): lengthened opponent’s freeze on 2nd attack. 3rd attack can no longer be evaded with ukemi."

"A+G (Mezentius Style Sand Tomb): lengthened attack reach. Same change to B+G (Mezentius Style Santana Storm) and 214B+G (Mezentius Style Reptile Rumble)."

"3B (Rising Grit): changed to maintain distance on block.
1B (Mezentius Style Camel Blow): lengthened opponent’s freeze on hit or block.
4B (Sand Gale Dart): created distance after normal hit and block. Lengthened opponent’s freeze on hit or block. Opponent falls down on counter hit."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YCN-a0NsNk

Actually he still looks horrible. ;~;
FIX THAT BACKDASH OF HIS GUYS!!!

and pyrhaa unsurprisingly was untouched. I wouldn't have it any other way~ =w=

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
is this game good compared to soul calibur 2
The last soul cal game I actually played was 2, never played 3 or 4. I would say yes, it's very good in comparison. There's a few different elements, like some removed stances (Ivy) and the replacement of old characters but the game itself is very solid and smooth. If you liked 2, I'm pretty certain you'll like 5.

Top Bottom