• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry Cloud

Cloud-Dream

Smash Rookie
So after going to another tournament and going through some practice with both using Cloud and Lucina back to back, I came to realization that I enjoy playing as Lucina more then Cloud. Lucina while being on the high top tier, Lucina is easier to understand and faster when it comes to sword combos. Along with that her recovery and her counters.

Now this doesn't mean I'm ditching Cloud. He is going to be my 2nd main as a back up.

Again sorry Cloud ^^;

Banjobeast158

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banjobeast158
So after going to another tournament and going through some practice with both using Cloud and Lucina back to back, I came to realization that I enjoy playing as Lucina more then Cloud. Lucina while being on the high top tier, Lucina is easier to understand and faster when it comes to sword combos. Along with that her recovery and her counters.

Now this doesn't mean I'm ditching Cloud. He is going to be my 2nd main as a back up.

Again sorry Cloud ^^;
Lucina is certainly better, but Cloud is so much fun! Good luck though, I'm sure you will find many match ups easier!

Fenrir-Bolt

Banned via Warnings
I actually didn’t really care for Lucina. I played with her for a while in higher difficulty settings and I found myself not really that impessed despite hearing her being touted all the time as such a stellar or ‘high-ranking’ player.

I found she has less range and is not as good at evading or dodging and I just don’t real,y care for her attacks. She’s definitely not a bad character I like all the sword fighters, but I felt like there was something lacking, like she was too held back. As far as Fire Emblem goes, I really am more favourable towards Ike.

Last edited:

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
8/10

here comes pacman
I actually didn’t really care for Lucina. I played with her for a while in higher difficulty settings and I found myself not really that impessed despite hearing her being touted all the time as such a stellar or ‘high-ranking’ player.

I found she has less range and is not as good at evading or dodging and I just don’t real,y care for her attacks. She’s definitely not a bad character I like all the sword fighters, but I felt like there was something lacking, like she was too held back. As far as Fire Emblem goes, I really am more favourable towards Ike.
Ike's largest problem, at least higher up, is he's super linear. Lucina has more options in her approach and mix ups as opposed to Ike and less exploitable recovery. I feel that's why Ike has pretty much dropped off the radar as considering how prominent he was early on. He was easier to do some of his stuff with but it's just too predictable for most players now so he's far less threatening. Still a solid character though.

Fenrir-Bolt

Banned via Warnings
Ike's largest problem, at least higher up, is he's super linear. Lucina has more options in her approach and mix ups as opposed to Ike and less exploitable recovery. I feel that's why Ike has pretty much dropped off the radar as considering how prominent he was early on. He was easier to do some of his stuff with but it's just too predictable for most players now so he's far less threatening. Still a solid character though.
He’s not very agile now, he’s kind of a powerhouse or tank type of character, but that’s why I like him. I like the idea of a heavy weight sword type. He’s almost like Ganondorf I guess.

I just like Ike, I don’t know why. I like Ike.

Oh hey, his side B attack is really cool, he can glide half way across the stage it’s really cool.

Last edited:
Top Bottom