• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Dude, Kandy played pretty good this game. They could be a real contender.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dooplissity Dooplissity Yooo fam invite us to scum chat pretty plz
I'll give them 24h to edit anything they want to (as I think all mods should) before I put people in wolf chat.
Z25 Z25 Raxxel Raxxel

As far as balance, this is *the* most common setup on another forum, has been run >100 times, and runs a fairly close to even WR. Ran has the right of it, it's very slightly Town favored - something like 55/45 - but it's pretty close. It is swingy as all ****, but that's just the nature of 11p games with even marginally interesting roles.

IMO the big swings this game were UP not CCing the Seer who could've just been lynched D1, getting lynched himself, and Z25 admitting the hit and giving it up for free. I love y'all, but that's roooough for Scum to come back from. In a world where UP wins the CC war, you go into D3 with 7 alive and no clears, so it's a lot closer - potentially MYLO if the Hunter is on a Town player.

As a personal point, I do love not-wolf Scum members as a sort of .5 Scum, and I wish more games had them. Didn't really get to see it this game, but alas. Would love to see someone else host a game with one.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'll give them 24h to edit anything they want to (as I think all mods should) before I put people in wolf chat.
Z25 Z25 Raxxel Raxxel

As far as balance, this is *the* most common setup on another forum, has been run >100 times, and runs a fairly close to even WR. Ran has the right of it, it's very slightly Town favored - something like 55/45 - but it's pretty close. It is swingy as all ****, but that's just the nature of 11p games with even marginally interesting roles.

IMO the big swings this game were UP not CCing the Seer who could've just been lynched D1, getting lynched himself, and Z25 admitting the hit and giving it up for free. I love y'all, but that's roooough for Scum to come back from. In a world where UP wins the CC war, you go into D3 with 7 alive and no clears, so it's a lot closer - potentially MYLO if the Hunter is on a Town player.

As a personal point, I do love not-wolf Scum members as a sort of .5 Scum, and I wish more games had them. Didn't really get to see it this game, but alas. Would love to see someone else host a game with one.
My posts are good to go. I looked them over and noticed my phone really messed up some things grammar wise though so I fixed that. Some of my posts make much more sense now.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

Z25 Z25 - Well played. I was a little mixed on you at the end, so I wasn't too surprised to find you to be scum. That said, I thought the team was Wisp+Rax. Like Kary, you felt kinda like an old crowd experienced player and I would love to see you in future games.

Wiisp Wiisp - :love: :love: :wink: and point!

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin - You spammed your way to a townread early on for a lot of people, I feel. I think your sort of role is always one of the most interesting since with moderate skill it can be weaker than a mafia goon, but with high skill it can be much stronger. All-in-all, well played. Also, I keep on almost tagging you as "UtopianPenguin"... Just saying. Hope to see you around!

Xivii Xivii - Uggh, I want to yell at you for fake claims as town. I really want to yell at you for fake claims as town. If I ever see you in a voice chat, I will probably yell at you for fake claims as town. *Sigh* You did a very good job at working out the scum team, and despite my irritation at fake claiming as town, you were quite enjoyable to play with. I look forward to seeing you around. As for my scumplay... I've had three really solid scumgames (two of which I won) and a handful of not-so-great scumgames in my time playing forum mafia. I have the feeling that every solid scum game I play will continue to be wildly different from the previous ones.

Strong Badam Strong Badam - Stop lurking around, ya creeper, come play in some games already! (Or something like that.)

Raxxel Raxxel - You had some very pure-looking tone early on. I think if you had high-posted, you might have managed to carry the game for scum, despite all odds. Lots of respect for a player who can come off as pure like that. Hope to see you around.

ranmaru ranmaru - Don't beat yourself up over things. I think you did a good job at showing yourself to be town this game and towncoring with the right people. You also helped to maintain the social level of the game, and I appreciate that a lot. Maybe I can pull you into some more games at some point.

Pythag Pythag - You felt like one of the more experienced players in the thread and I liked that. I would love to see more. I think you kinda got the short end of the stick with being scumread.

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary - You appear to be an old-crowd experienced player who was probably more than a little busier than ideal to have joined the game, at least some of the time. I would love to see more. Sorry I couldn't get there on your alignment.

funnier6 funnier6 - You're the sort of player for whom I feel that as long as I play with you off of your homesite and keep you happy about the game, I'd love to play with you. Maybe that's an unfounded suspicion, though. I liked the amount of effort you put into your catch-up, a lot.

ExLight ExLight - I probably read too much into you seeming relatively new. The second language factor reminds me that I still want to go play Mafia in Spanish at some point. You remind me of some other super-energetic, relatively new players. It's always a lot of fun to see that sort of player play, grow, and become strong. (*cough cough* Wiisp Wiisp *cough cough*)

Dooplissity Dooplissity - Thanks for hosting! And don't feel too bad about the setup townsiding. It happens a lot. I would love to see you in games, and also maybe co-host something with you if you have the chance. I don't usually give extra time to edit posts in scumchat, but I am open to requests to hide a chat. If I remember, I may make that opt-in to informed spectators rather than opt-out from now on, though.

%%%

I learned about this site through BarDulL being on a certain Discord with me. All in all, I didn't like the lack of features here compared to other mafia sites (even Xenforo ones), but I did like the playerbase and wouldn't mind coming back for another game. I can be found on Discord (obligatory link to Mafia Colosseum Discord) as osieorb18#0126. I'm also one of the leaders and site owners of Mafia Colosseum, and can occasionally be found on MTGSalvation Mafia, Mafia Universe, Mafia 451, and others. I design games at a rapid pace and host games much more often than I play them nowadays. (I was involved (Design/Host/Play/Review) in give-or-take 45 games in 2019, if I recall correctly. Quite likely more. I played in 10 of those, and was on the winning team in 3 of them. (2 town, 1 scum))

Oh yeah, I should probably mention, for those who didn't know, I'm a guy. I just don't care what gender people use for me in general, and it usually helps in mafia games to appear female due to societal biases. Yes, I play the game at that deep of a level. No, I'm not a platinum-tier player. Sorry if I'm bursting any bubbles here.

%%%

Obligatory plug for various signups off-site:

Token Power 4 (Mafia Colosseum)

Token Power 4 (Mafia 451)

Prison Block II (MTGSalvation, mostly filled)

I usually have at least one game in signups and am always looking for people from other sites to join.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
ranmaru ranmaru - Don't beat yourself up over things. I think you did a good job at showing yourself to be town this game and towncoring with the right people. You also helped to maintain the social level of the game, and I appreciate that a lot. Maybe I can pull you into some more games at some point.
Thanks, I'm just critiquing my own play because I do want to be more optimal while having fun. Thank you though, I would join but I usually need to take breaks as these take a big chunk of my time and effort. Plus I want to host a game too. Overall I really enjoyed working with you, and I'm curious what about my style you liked.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I just noticed Mamboo in chaotic evil lmaoooo

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alright time for my shoutouts list:

Utopian:
Kary: You played pretty well. Gotta say I loved some of the sass you had when responding to posts. That was funny to read. You definitely had strong skill and as a hunter, you did well to not draw to much attention on yourself but enough to make your slot known.
Xivii: Damn, I said it before, but I'll say it again. You made a bold as hell play this game and it really worked out. You played a scary game as seer and lots of respect for sticking to your reads and going all in regardless of what could have happened if you were wrong. Your experience really shows and I hope to see you participate more again.
Pythag: Nice to see you playing again. Your slot is still hard to read, but was fun to have in the game. You definitely played a townie pretty well.
Wisp: I don't think we've played before but you seem pretty cool. I thought most of your contributions were good, and you had strong activity which helped a lot. Hope you play more in future.
ExLight: Also new, but you put up a good game for being on a new site against people who knew nothing about your meta or playstyle. Takes a lot to hold down your own and work to strengthen people's views. Was great to see your so engaged even though you were new to the site. I hope you come and play more games as well in the future.
Funnier: I liked your style of play quite a bit. Constantly using old content to pose questions and form opinions was good. It was a little hard to tell how caught up you were, but you still posted a lot of information which was pretty cool. Like Ex, I'm glad you both joined and stayed active in an unfamiliar place.
Ranmaru: You played a very strong game here. Your points on Rax were solid and you overall contributed a lot to the game at hand. Like I said, I was convinced you were hunter with your content and playstyle as town. It would be fun to see you on scum here one day and see how you and everyone react to the playstyle.
Raxxel: Was fun being scum with you in my first non hydra scum game! Your a strong new player with the ability to become a really strong player if you keep joining games and learning more. Was fun to work together and you had a pretty solid outlook on the game. Your in game posts were great ways to appeal to town, which is usually challenging as scum.
Osie: I may not have liked the haiku style at fist, but you definitely expanded upon a lot more as the game went on. I normally don't like gimmicks in general, but you made this one work pretty well, making your slot a pretty interesting one to play with. You seem like a pretty cool person, and I'm glad BarDull got you to come play. You were pretty good at being town, and I honestly thought you were seer lol. Sorry we had to kill you at night lol. I was hoping to keep you alive towards endgame.

I hope everyone here comes back and plays future games again. This was a lot of fun, and it was really nice to have activity in good numbers again here. One of the better games I've played and seen in awhile!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ranmaru: You played a very strong game here. Your points on Rax were solid and you overall contributed a lot to the game at hand. Like I said, I was convinced you were hunter with your content and playstyle as town. It would be fun to see you on scum here one day and see how you and everyone react to the playstyle.
Thank you, I enjoyed playing with you as well. I think for you, improving your early game is important. It seemed once you got going, you had a solid footing on the game. It's just as I said, your entrance was awkward. Early game is important for town and mafia by the way. You want to be there from the get go, or you start to have a lack of engagement with the thread. It's easier to be engaged and have a good reputation if you start strong and remain consistent.

Also, it's funny that y'all thought I was hunter. I'll quote a post to show that, I couldn't really be. I felt dumb for misunderstanding Martyr, it just seemed more like hunter to me. (Because Martyrs sacrifice themselves, so it seemed similar to that)

On my scum play, I will basically try what UP did and then get lynched and then be salty and everyone will say I was hollow (Basic Mafia). Zen's not wrong, I hate being mafia.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Normally, it would be in town's interest to have an inactive lynch Day 2, in my opinion. At the very least, I'd go for a scummy inactive, but always try to go for my top scum pick as priority. Also, in this setup, we have a Martyr, they should use inactives as their target on their possible death.
My mistake, I meant Hunter. I even looked back and saw, but still said Matyr. :awesome:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's early game humor, I wouldn't look deep into it.
I also don't believe in this. You have your role in pre-game, so all your actions are influenced by the role you looked at. Basically, anything is game, even in early game.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Strong Badam Strong Badam - Stop lurking around, ya creeper, come play in some games already! (Or something like that.)
LOL sorry, my job makes it pretty tough for me to play these games the way I would like to. I prefer shorter games for that reason, not because I think they're more fun but because they fit my lifestyle more.
All in all, I didn't like the lack of features here compared to other mafia sites (even Xenforo ones), but I did like the playerbase and wouldn't mind coming back for another game.
If there are XF features you know of (like an add-on or otherwise), I can certainly look into if we could support them here on Smashboards to improve the experience of DGames. Feel free to PM me or hit up the User Feedback forum with your suggestions.

That goes for anybody here and not just osieorb :D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
As long as you post within prod range, and play to your win con, I don't care how you play.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes you do. Even though I also speak spanish.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
twas mostly your flipflopping
Lame, but I can understand your point about it making me harder to read for people. I realize that, it can be an effective way for scum to seem like they are re-evaluating. But now you see, that town does it as well. I think the important part is to see the wagons they participate in, and if they lynched scum or not.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nice, thanks. I wrote my thoughts in there, very interesting read!

Top Bottom