• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
With Sakurai referencing the "It Runs DOOM" meme, will we have "Ness is Sans" be referenced next?
Sakurai alluded to that meme in a picture of the day with Sans and Ness in Onett.

And speaking of memes, which KH meme would people like for Sakurai to reference?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Sakurai alluded to that meme in a picture of the day with Sans and Ness in Onett.

And speaking of memes, which KH meme would people like for Sakurai to reference?
The fandom meme i can think of off the top of my head first is that everyone is either a Sora or a Xehanort.

And Goofy's death.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh yes, it does!!
(Quoting a 3 year old post haha)
It also gives me Dissidia: Final Fantasy vibes (fun fact Dissidia was at one point supposed to be a KH fighter but Disney didn’t want their characters fighting each other)

also, WoL was referenced in the gameplay part of the trailer… after this and Hero’s, I REALLY want the WoL effects in normal gameplay now

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It also gives me Dissidia: Final Fantasy vibes (fun fact Dissidia was at one point supposed to be a KH fighter but Disney didn’t want their characters fighting each other)

also, WoL was referenced in the gameplay part of the trailer… after this and Hero’s, I REALLY want the WoL effects in normal gameplay now
It was Nomura that decided against making Dissidia a Kingdom Hearts game, not Disney.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Ive been revisiting the first game, just made it to my least favorite part in this entire franchise, first game atlantica.
I hate everything about this place.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Was hoping for more tracks tbh but I mean, with disney it can be tricky
Since it's all music from KH1 i'm assuming it's some weird contractual thing like with FF7 where the music rights aren't a franchise thing but are split between each game.

Which in KH's case is kind of stupid because it makes sense with FF because all the games are isolated from each other but Kingdom hearts is a big on going story so the music rights should apply to all the games not just the individual ones.

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Since it's all music from KH1 i'm assuming it's some weird contractual thing like with FF7 where the music rights are a franchise thing but are split between each game.

Which in KH's case is kind of stupid because it makes sense with FF because all the games are isolated from each other but Kingdom hearts is a big on going story so the music rights should apply to all the games not just the individual ones.
I wanted some kingdom hearts 2 tracks

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Just wondering, but has anyone been able to figure out if there was any fighter that was NOT in Sora's trailer or did they actually include ever already-playable fighter in his trailer? Makes sense if they did.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
At the very least, smart for Sakurai to take Music that doesn't get copyright Strike claimed, like some Disney world music. Which should really help to make the stage competitive.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Reksew_Trebla

Smash Cadet
So I know some people wanted Roxas as an alt like Alph is for Olimar, or the Koopalings are for Bowser Jr, or maybe have him as an echo fighter, but I’m actually glad he isn’t.

I haven’t played KH3 yet, so I don’t know what happens there, but in 358/2 Days, those of you who know the fate of No. i, should know why I wouldn’t want Roxas limited to a single keyblade. It just, doesn’t feel right anymore.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So I know some people wanted Roxas as an alt like Alph is for Olimar, or the Koopalings are for Bowser Jr, or maybe have him as an echo fighter, but I’m actually glad he isn’t.

I haven’t played KH3 yet, so I don’t know what happens there, but in 358/2 Days, those of you who know the fate of No. i, should know why I wouldn’t want Roxas limited to a single keyblade. It just, doesn’t feel right anymore.
Roxas would be better for a echo fighter

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Roxas would be better for a echo fighter
If Roxas were an Echo Fighter, they’d have to use both his Twilight Town design and his Organization XII design. They’d also definitely have to add Roxas' Theme or The Other Promise. And probably Another Side, Another Story, as well. And probably other music revolving around the Organization.

Last edited:

Papa Pope

Smash Cadet

You know, now that Sora's actually in Smash (holy s***), my ultimate pipe dream Smash 6 hope would be Sora to return with Roxas as an echo fighter (with Xion as alts because why not) and Xemnas as a separate character like Sephiroth. It will never happen I know but I can dream.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i havent been on smashboards in years but i'm here to say that even though i'm late to the party, i'm so glad sora got in. he was my 2nd most requested character, with isaac being the 1st. with his inclusion i was able to prove to some of my friends wrong about his chances of making it. can't wait to have him as one of my mains.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I may be unfashionably late to this thread, and I admit, Sora was far from my radar for Smash Bros. I thought it would be a near impossibility with how controlling Disney are of copyright and not to mention also being sandwiched with Square Enix when we've managed to get Sephiroth in Fighters Pass 2. There's also other characters I would've preferred to have been the final fighter like Phoenix Wright or Doomguy/Doomslayer, but if I had to trade those in for just the sheer magic that is seeing Sora in Smash Bros... I would be happy with that outcome. And what a truly magical reveal Sora was. That's the best word I can use to describe it. THE most wanted fighter from the Ballot all those years ago, and Sakurai and the team fighting tooth and nail to get Sora in the game. And it truly adds a sense of grand finality to Smash Bros to have, as I call him, the Crossover King himself Sora in Smash Bros.

So allow me to say a late congratulations! I've been playing Kingdom Hearts since 358/2 Days on the DS - a weird game to get started with I know, but I eventually got to play the original Kingdom Hearts and it was a great experience. I have The Story So Far collection and Kingdom Hearts III lined up in my backlog, so I think I might take the opportunity to relive the experience of Kingdom Hearts again thanks to Sora's inclusion in Smash. He looks like a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to playing him!

Sirfishe

Smash Ace

He's used a single keyboard before. It would at least give him a chance to bring him in the game. Ill take it over nothing

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
He's used a single keyboard before. It would at least give him a chance to bring him in the game. Ill take it over nothing
I know you meant keyblade, and it likely auto-corrected, but my mind went straight to this:

Only with a goofy-looking Roxas puppet instead of a cat.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Sora is releasing two days after Disney's 98th anniversary! Coincidence? Doubt it. There's plenty of other cool nods like that regarding Sora's release timing and even him being the 13th DLC fighter in Ultimate.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I hope Sora's Classic mode has Duck Hunt as partner throughout.

Who is the better Donald/Goofy stand-in, Duck Hunt or Banjo and Kazooie?

Reksew_Trebla

Smash Cadet
I kinda wish the Timeless River Sora had Monochrome (the Keyblade based off of Pete’s Steamboat from the Timeless River era, that you get for clearing Timeless River).

I’m not sure what to give Valor Sora, maybe Metal Chocobo, but Wisdom Sora would be neat to have Spellbinder, and same with Ultimate Sora and Ultima Weapon.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I wonder, are there any Kingdom Hearts music tracks you guys wish got in that didn't?

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I wonder, are there any Kingdom Hearts music tracks you guys wish got in that didn't?
An embarassing thing i'll admit is that i always get hand in hand from KH1 and working together from KH2 and Kh3 confused and now i'm disappointed that working together isnt in because i feel that song is perfect for smash matches

Top Bottom