• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm sure this is gonna sound stupid and corny and all that **** but I don't care.

The fact that Sora's heart connects to all his friends now means the Smash cast have a small bit of light that will never go out in their hearts too. :D
I find it wholesome to think that despite Joker having his mind wiped at the end of every misadventure in another universe he still has a small part of Sora's friendship in there lol

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You know, I think Sora's 3 design looks better in Smash because it has KH1's spikier hair.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Actually, Sora would fight Joker since Joker steals hearts, with Sora not understanding that it's not what he thinks. Plus, Joker dresses in a black cloak and summons Arsene which Sora would see as a Heartless or the Guardian.

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice
Sora was my third most wanted (second being Tails, first being a Tekken character), so I'm very happy for his inclusion.

I didn't play a lot of Kingdom Hearts when I was a kid as I was always stuck on Destiny Island with no idea where to go or what I'm supposed to be doing, It's more like I watched my siblings play it and they got a lot further than I did, it wasn't up until much later in my life that I did end up playing a lot more of it.

Looking forward to Sora in Smash Bros Ultimate, it still feels surreal that it's actually happening.

Game2018

Banned via Warnings
A couple years ago, I've been disruptive to this thread and asking it to be shut down because Sora is owned by Disney. Not wanting to get banned on SmashBoards, I left this thread alone and took it out on YouTube comments.

But now that Sora is in Smash, I must apologize for my earlier behavior. If it weren't for this sites rules about fourth-party characters, I would never have acted so aggressive to the idea of Sora4Smash. As a fellow Kingdom Hearts fan, it really hurt me to bash Sora the way I did. But it's actually pretty awesome to see Disney in Smash. Even though it's just Sora, the original characters, Hollow Bastion, Dive to the Heart, the Mickey Mouse keychain and a Disney credit, it's still Disney in Smash. I wonder if this opens the floodgates for the next Smash game? After all, we already got an anime movie character with Lucario.

Anyway, can't wait to play as him on October 18. And I can't wait for the chance to talk to Sakurai about putting one of my book characters in the next Smash game.

Never going to doubt anyone's chances in Smash again!
Lucario did not open the floodgates. He was made in mind for the games first, even if his debut is in an animated movie. He is still at his core a character of video game origin.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Super late to the party, but congratulations for getting Sora in Smash guys!

I have never played a Kingdom Hearts game before, but I know it's a series that means a lot to a lot of people and that Sora was a very popular Smash request. I also have a friend who rambles about KH theories ocassionally and I don't understand a word of what they're saying.

Either way, I'm still struggling to believe it's real. It's so wild that this is the timeline that we live in

RonNewcomb

Smash Journeyman
Congrats y'all on defeating the final boss lawyers and proving to the rest of us that anything's possible.

All my picks have been in for awhile now, but I'm really enjoying all the sincere YouTube reaction vids. You're adorable! 🥰

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I havent seen someone do this so i'll write it down

Square Enix: Guys i can explain.
Microsoft: You got THREE series as smash DLC?!
Sega: I only got one!
Capcom: You guys got dlc?

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord

I would count Kingdom Hearts as a Disney series in Square's defense.

QQS

Smash Lord
Wanted to congratz you all! Never played a KH game but will try them soon. Which order should I follow? I have always been a Geno supporter (I’m 31 years old) and I couldn’t believe there was another Square Enix rep after Sephiroth. Contratz again, I think it’s like a dream come true. I have never expected Sora but I can’t deny it’s epic reveal, epic ending, epic seal and epic farewell with this Worldwide Monster character. I insist, I have never played KH but the magic and majesty was in the air in that trailer.

Best wishes from a passionate Geno fan and let’s enjoy this amazing game forever! Looking forward to try Sora and to play his games. You guys made it, thats reason for me to Never Stop Believing also :’)

Cheers, QQS here.:geno:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Wanted to congratz you all! Never played a KH game but will try them soon. Which order should I follow? I have always been a Geno supporter (I’m 31 years old) and I couldn’t believe there was another Square Enix rep after Sephiroth. Contratz again, I think it’s like a dream come true. I have never expected Sora but I can’t deny it’s epic reveal, epic ending, epic seal and epic farewell with this Worldwide Monster character. I insist, I have never played KH but the magic and majesty was in the air in that trailer.

Best wishes from a passionate Geno fan and let’s enjoy this amazing game forever! Looking forward to try Sora and to play his games. You guys made it, thats reason for me to Never Stop Believing also :’)

Cheers, QQS here.:geno:
There is a timeline to follow:
Birth by sleep
Kingdom hearts 1
Chain of memories
Days
Kingdom hearts 2
Recoded
3DS
Kingdom hearts 3
Melody of memory.

But it's best to play it in order of release
Kingdom hearts 1 (2002)
Kingdom hearts chain of memories (2004)
Kingdom hearts 2 (2006)
Kingdom hearts days (2009)
Kingdom hearts Birth by sleep (2010)
Kingdom hearts recoded (2011)
Kingdom hearts 3DS (2012)
Kingdom hearts 3 (2019)
Kingdom hearts Melody of memory (2020)

Either way is good.

Reactions: QQS

RonNewcomb

Smash Journeyman

Capcom is in there with 3 characters across 2 franchises. Cap ain't saying a GODdamn thing. 🤐

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Been away from this thread for some time. Just came back to say Sora's reveal was quite easily the happiest day of my life. I've been wanting Sora to get added to Smash all the way back since Brawl. Seen many, many people say he was an impossible pick that would "never" get added period and that I was stupid for wanting him in the game as much as I did.

But here we are years in the making the end of the Ultimate Smash game. The one to end us off on THREE YEARS OF DLC! Was none other then the "impossible" boy himself Sora! I would be lying if I said I didn't cry because I did. I never stopped believing that Sora would one day get his spot in the roster. The confirmed true winner of the fighter's ballot has finally come home.

His moveset looks great, his easthetic in the game is flawless. Hollow Bastion my personal favorite KH1 world is his stage with a badass transition to Dive to Heart. And his F-Smash is a great nod to KH1's ending. I cannot wait to finally get my hands on him and run through the entirety of world of light as him, as well buy his Amiibo figure/figures when they get released who knows since they have 5 different renders of him. All in all I am extremely happy with how the Smash team handled his inclusion.

This also excites me for the prospect of perhaps even more Kingdom Hearts love in the 1000% going to happen next Smash title. Because I think it goes without saying that Sora is probably going to be in the next Smash game. There is absolutely zero way Nintendo spent 6 freaking years trying to make this Disney deal work and not have written it into their contracts that Sora could also be used in the next game. Along with leaving it open for potentially more original content from the series to get added to the game. Like and I know this is wishful thinking the possibility of getting another KH fighter added to the game. Like Riku, Roxas, or who I think would be an extremely popular edition because ...well cause waifu, and she's just in general one of the best characters in KH Aqua.

Anyway that's all I wanted to say, the 18th is going to be a party.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I’m honestly surprised that Sora got into Smash, considering licensing issues with Disney, but I’m glad he made it in. He’s quite the send-off character for Smash Ultimate.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion

That last line hits me hard since I wanted Amaterasu XD.

It's been quite since I've been here but I'm extremely glad that Sora made it in, he's one of my most wanted characters.

I'm also glad that Sakurai and his team could of made this possible, as well as all of us who voted, and requested for Sora on the Fighter's Ballot. We all played a part in getting Sora to Smash and that's what makes this moment even more special.

Thanks again Sakurai and crew for making this possible take a nice long rest.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
This also excites me for the prospect of perhaps even more Kingdom Hearts love in the 1000% going to happen next Smash title. Because I think it goes without saying that Sora is probably going to be in the next Smash game. There is absolutely zero way Nintendo spent 6 freaking years trying to make this Disney deal work and not have written it into their contracts that Sora could also be used in the next game. Along with leaving it open for potentially more original content from the series to get added to the game. Like and I know this is wishful thinking the possibility of getting another KH fighter added to the game. Like Riku, Roxas, or who I think would be an extremely popular edition because ...well cause waifu, and she's just in general one of the best characters in KH Aqua.

Anyway that's all I wanted to say, the 18th is going to be a party.
Who knows, maybe the next game will bump the music number up from 10 to 20.
The Kh3 version of Vanitas's theme would be amazing to have in a smash game
Honestly surprised Vanitas isnt a spirit to be honest.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Looking back I like that Sora was announced with the news that most of the KH games will soon be playable on switch. Perfect time to tell us that to get the audience hyped up for it even if it’s only through the cloud.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I'm late but I didn't want to miss my chance to congratulate you guys on such a huge win! From the amazing reveal trailer to the attention to detail they really did this character justice. It's so awesome a character from a franchise so many people grew up with and adore is what what chosen to finally round of these last three years of hype, Can't wait to try him out when he drops

I didn't quiet get Isaac but I still appreciate a lot of things this game did and what it means for so many people. At least both of these awesome boys can duke it out in SSF2 until this can become a reality in a future Smash game =)

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Who knows, maybe the next game will bump the music number up from 10 to 20.
The Kh3 version of Vanitas's theme would be amazing to have in a smash game
Honestly surprised Vanitas isnt a spirit to be honest.
I'm iffy between his BBS or KH3 version. I like the added oomph with the KH3 one but dislike its second half that sounds too light and unbattle-like. The BBS one sounds harder, fit for a fight.

Last edited:

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
Random question: Does anyone know if you can get the Dearly Beloved remix from the Melody of Memory demo save data, or only from data from the actual game? I know that the Tockles spirit back when Hero came out can be obtained via the DQ11S demo, but some other spirits like the Monster Hunter one (which is being added for everyone else in the update Sora will be in) require actual game data.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Calling it right now, the Sora amiibo will have variants with the KH2, 3DS and 3 outfits, but only the one from KH1 will be a general release, the other outfits will be Disney store exclusives.

Top Bottom