• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Because of Disney, I had written Sora off as impossible a long time ago. That said... I can't believe he actually got added. I literally had to pinch mineself to make sure I wasn't dreaming (because it's happened before).

All in all... I am absolutely shocked. I'll update the OP as soon as possible, once I am done processing all this. This is just absolutely crazy.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I just realized that the light going down, but Sora's light still burning and him making him standing out from the fighters as a trophy and saving them is from this quote.

" "The heart may be weak. And sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!""

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Man. This. Is. Amazing.

It was 2am when I watched it and everyone else in my house are asleep so I got to have a brilliant silent celebration whispering yes and fist bumping the air.

I am so happy the main design is from KH1 though, I've always said in this board that it was my favourite but damn having all the skins is amazing.

good to know who I'll be maining from now on.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
It's really nice to see a character that I've been arguing in detail was very possible and not unlikely for so long during Smash Ultimate speculation actually happen.

He was one of the big possibilities that I saw for a Final presentation. It's surreal and good to see an "unlikely" prediction actually happen for me as a Smash speculator.

I'm glad he's in.
Sora is so ****ing groundbreaking that it even brought you back from the Abyss.

I thought that you were gone, BluePimin11.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
"They were very thorough and did a great job responding to our frequent reviews and detailed requests. I think fans will be satisfied with how Sora has turned out, and I hope you all enjoy playing as him. To all of Mr. Sakurai’s staff, thank you so much!" - Tetsuya Nomura

Heoj

Smash Ace
bruh... there only giving the cloud versions of the kingdom hearts games to the switch......:drflip:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Sakurai does perchance bow out. Simple and Clean playing in his final reveal trailer is beautiful if you consider this lyric:

"Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all

Nothing's like before..."

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
Sad day... In another reality, I will have been so happy, I mean, Sora is the character Third-Party that I wanted the most! I wanted it in Brawl, I wanted it in Sm4sh ! And now that he is there... I don't care completely...

And its officially the end for me, if Sora can not take away the disgust and the trauma of being harassed by a Incineroar fanboy because I wanted deciduously and see that it was right... Then there are no solutions so that I can enjoy a Smash... That's why I'll ask you a thing... Play with Sora for me. I cant enjoy Smash Bros anymore, I cant enjoy playing it anymore...

So please, for the Kingdom Hearts fan who desired so much at one time, play it for me.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
My original analysis on Sora's chances in Smash Switch, back before Ultimate was the title:

Honestly surreal to have gone through all that research and looking at all the Disney licensing matters from HMK and Rogersbase throughout the months, and to see it all pay off. It's like the ending of an arc for me.

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
I'm still coming off the hype from watching that trailer over and over again. Good job Sora fans for never losing hope and getting him after all these years.
I always imagined he placed well in the Ballot since he's always trending whenever a Smash reveal happens but I never expected him to be at the top, Wow.

Last edited:

TangyKeys

Smash Cadet
Since I wanted both Rayman and Sora, it was either one or the other, and Sora's the right pick to end off an incredible game.

Thanks, Sakurai-san. 😌

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I've wanted Sora since the mid 2000s when I got into KH. This is a joyous day after a mostly mediocre offering for DLC characters. Really excited when I have money to spend again.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Congrats! I am SO happy for y'all. I've played KH, but never beaten a game (hoping to change that now that it's coming to Switch!), so I only have so much experience with Sora. I still KNOW what a big deal this is though. What an amazing and truly MAGICAL way to end the game... Wow... I didn't think it was going to happen.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sora's moveset is amazing. Ironic how Sakurai's Twitter has Sora in it.

Oddly tho, I'm not so surprised since I always.. just kinda 100% expected Sora, but I anonymously rooted for the character on certain days.
There was that fake leak, too. Funnily enough, I had his custom icon on my sig at one point.

The more surprising thing for me is Timeless River Sora of all things getting a skin, that was one of my favorite worlds in KHII.

I'd like to extend my biggest congratulations ever to the Sora fans here. To learn that he was the most requested character of all time....just...man. That was really something. You all put up the greatest fight ever back then. You've earned this. Savor it dearly.
Yeah, it takes massive ******** to not reveal the top ballot result until the following game's DLC cycle, because he was that tough to negotiate for.

The most interesting part to me is Sak saying how his inclusion (in the context of characters coming from companies that are already included) would possibly inconvenience other companies that wanted their character in the game. Maybe those could possibly have their chance granted next time? (Whenever the next generation of Nintendo consoles happens, anyway.) There's still quite a lot we don't know about the results, so they might sift through those again at some point.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I assume we're going to need a new poll - if anyone has suggestions for that, or a new title, I can change those.

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice
Really happy with both Kingdom Hearts and the rest of the DLC overall, Sora brings a big iconic world (worlds in a way), and overall it feels like Sakurai just always knew how to pick and add the best possible characters from each series/company and pick the one with the most interesting movesets or the most personality or just that straight up bring so much more prestige to the game like with Kingdom Hearts now being part of the same crossover as Mario, Pokemon, Tekken, Dragon Quest, just a great game at the end, and Sora fits right in.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky - One sky, one destiny.

That shot of him jumping with the background cycling between different worlds hit different ya'll. :cry:

I've been wanting him, dreaming of him joining for ten plus years... I still can't believe it. My boy. My son. He's HERE. A perfect close to the ULTIMATE Smash!

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
Just wanted to swing by and congratulate y'all on this momentous occasion! Truth be told, I personally had Sora's chances pegged at 0% because of Disney, but apparently enough developers offered their firstborn children to the Mouse and now here we are, happy to be proven wrong :)

Sora looks hella fun, can't wait to try him out!

Last edited:

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations dudes!

I'm not into Kingdom Hearts but I've had several friends on and off the internet who adore Kingdom Hearts and would've love to see Sora in Smash.

Not to mention I was expecting something far, far worse to top off dlc after the past couple fiasco finales.

Top Bottom