• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I want to give you my deepest congratulations.

Sora was my brother's most wanted, and ever since my most wanted (Terry) made it in, I wanted my bro to get his as well, and we're both super happy about this final inclusion big time.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I can't believe it.... The dream came true. It really came true. This day man, let it go down in history as the all time best. I made this video for Sora back in June and I am so happy that I got my redemption. I lost Geno, I lost Isaac, and I lost Shantae, and now, I can be at peace.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I remember questioning here...

I am glad it's Sora.
I wish I have been more avid supporters....
Anyway, Congrat!

Zyphyris

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bri-ex
3DS FC
0001-4098-4797
Switch FC
SW-8496-2727-8390
Congrats everyone!

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
What an exhilarating last presentation! I didn't think Sora would make it, but I'm really glad he did. Congrats, guys. Can't say he was one of my most wanted but Sora does mean an awful lot to me, so I'm really happy he was included.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
So, I wanted Master Chief the most. But, wow. I love Kingdom Hearts and Sora was another that was at the top of my list. Congrats everyone!

The attention to detail for Sora is amazing. I'm so glad that we got to see so much awesome there. From moves, to movements, to personality, Sora looks fantastic. Congrats, again, everyone. That is a fantastic ending to Smash Ultimate.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's really nice to see a character that I've been arguing in detail was very possible and not unlikely for so long during Smash Ultimate speculation actually happen.

He was one of the big possibilities that I saw for a Final presentation. It's surreal and good to see an "unlikely" prediction actually happen for me as a Smash speculator.

I'm glad he's in.

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
Congrats, you guys. While it pains me to not see Reimu, even I can't disagree with the fact that Sora absolutely deserves his spot.

And Sora looks like fun to play for sure, so I can at least take comfort in the fact that we're getting a quality character nonetheless!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
My fingers were crossed so damn hard during that trailer.

Middle of the night, usually I've been capable of staying silent so as not to disturb others during reveals but when I saw the Kingdom Key in the flames I couldn't contain myself.

I just can't adequately describe how happy I am, which perhaps is a vivid descriptor of what I'm feeling.

Thank you so much Sakurai. I'm so looking forward to playing Sora.

And let me say, that final image of Sora and Mario shaking hands. If there's any moment from Smash I wish I could show to my younger self, it would be that.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Wow. ****ing congrats dudes. I’ve never played a Kingdom Hearts game and have no connection to Sora whatsoever, but even I got got chills as he was flying through the air. What a perfect reveal.

I’m so happy that you guys finally got your character. He was literally the most voted character in the ballot, so…yeah you guys definitely earned it!

dezeray112

Smash Hero
The moment the keyblade appeared along with the track "Simple & Clean" was played, I started getting chills and a load of happy memories when I first played Kingdom Hearts for the Playstation 2.

But what a fitting way to conclude Smash Ultimate's DLC and congrats to everyone who had requested him!

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Congratulations, Sora fans! After all the dooming and glooming about how Disney would never allow it or that "Smash never ends on a high note", this is your moment. Enjoy it.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Hello my fellow Sora fans! It's been a while since I've been on this site, let alone posted in this thread, but my god! I didn't realize just how happy I'd be with this choice, until it happened!

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
My internet connection is too slow at the moment to link the video, so I'm just going to type out my reaction instead:

"A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one" ~Mr. Palpatine

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I just want to take a moment and congratulate you guys on getting Sora! Sora always seemed like a huge pipedream that I never thought would happen, but I couldn't be more happy to be wrong. Even though Geno was one of my most wanteds, Sora was easily my second favorite choice when it came to another Square rep, so I'm more then content myself to get Sora. I'm still blown away that Sakurai actually managed to go through Disney to get him, but alas, here we are and I couldn't be more happier. He seems like a bunch of fun too, and I am so excited to try him out on the 18th!

Top Bottom