• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Daily reminder that Sora's moveset alone can work without Disney characters.
I made sure that every single attack in this moveset was something he did in the games.
You probably should. Sora has enough potential to make 100 different movesets with no overlap, there's really no excuse no to.
A few things though:
FSmash: "goes a bit farther when the stick is flicked" uhh, flicking the stick is how you perform a smash attack.
I also think it's a tad disappointing that Down B is so plain compared to the rest of his moveset, but that's purely subjective.
I'd also like to suggest Up B recharging if you hit an opponent with it, kind of like Captain Falco's Up Smash

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
You probably should. Sora has enough potential to make 100 different movesets with no overlap, there's really no excuse no to.
A few things though:
FSmash: "goes a bit farther when the stick is flicked" uhh, flicking the stick is how you perform a smash attack.
I meant flicking as in rubbing your thumb across it really fast. You can charge by holding, but the attack itself won’t go as far.

IzukuXYang4Life

Banned via Warnings
Sora and Kairi in Agrabah.

That's very cute if I might say.

Also makes me wonder why Agrabah did not come back for Kingdom Hearts 3?

Like seriously! They could have easily gone with a plot based on the Aladdin sequel King Of Thieves (With them introducing Aladdin's Father)!!

While throwing in some elements of the 90's Aladdin Television series into the show.

With that being the final visit to Agrabah in the series (It also would have been neat to finally see more CPU towns people in Agrabah as opposed to the world being devoid of life for no reason other than Normua being lazy as my Father's wife's 80 year old schnoodle.

Shoot man. There are a junk of worlds that were left out of KH3 that had so much potential to far better worlds than they were in the original KH games they came from (Pride Lands, Neverland, Paris From Hunchback With Frollo actually being a boss fight this time, Traverse Town, Hollow Bastion, ect........)

Also.

This maybe just me.

But please at least throw Sora in the game as a Mii Costume.

Smash Ultimate does not need another pointless sword fighter in the game.

That, plus some Kingdom Hearts tracks for the Final Fantasy Stage and Cloud having his Kingdom Hearts 1 costume is all the content Smash Ultimate needs.

Thanks for reading. Have a good day. And God bless.

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
That's very cute if I might say.

Also makes me wonder why Agrabah did not come back for Kingdom Hearts 3?

Like seriously! They could have easily gone with a plot based on the Aladdin sequel King Of Thieves (With them introducing Aladdin's Father)!!

While throwing in some elements of the 90's Aladdin Television series into the show.

With that being the final visit to Agrabah in the series (It also would have been neat to finally see more CPU towns people in Agrabah as opposed to the world being devoid of life for no reason other than Normua being lazy as my Father's wife's 80 year old schnoodle.

Shoot man. There are a junk of worlds that were left out of KH3 that had so much potential to far better worlds than they were in the original KH games they came from (Pride Lands, Neverland, Paris From Hunchback With Frollo actually being a boss fight this time, Traverse Town, Hollow Bastion, ect........)
Aside from development time being added to the already long-awaited release of KH3, most people REALLY didn't want some of the older reoccurring worlds to make a comeback. At that point, there was a consensus that we'd seen some worlds too often and they'd be better off being replaced by a few newer settings.

In Nomura's defense, the consoles that KH2 was in couldn't really handle a lot of NPCs cluttering its worlds. It even got to a point where the team had to shrink Yuna, Rikku, and Paine because their normal sizes took up too much space. Plus, there are the normal challenges of basic game design to consider.

Sora was ranked #1 on a Japanese survey for CP11 hopes!

Probably wouldn't change anything, since Vol. 2 was locked in back in 2019 and the last fighter probably has a considerable amount of progress made, but it's still cool to see nonetheless.
That's awesome! It's cool to see that we're still getting these kinds of insights into a portion of the Japanese fanbase, even if the sample size for the poll is comparatively smaller than some of the other lists. With that being said, Sora consistently being #1 through the majority of worldwide polls is really exciting!

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
In Nomura's defense, the consoles that KH2 was in couldn't really handle a lot of NPCs cluttering its worlds. It even got to a point where the team had to shrink Yuna, Rikku, and Paine because their normal sizes took up too much space. Plus, there are the normal challenges of basic game design to consider.
wasnt there also something about characters appearing in surprising ways?

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
wasnt there also something about characters appearing in surprising ways?
It's been a good while since I've read any interview regarding KH2, so I'm not too sure. It wouldn't surprise me if that were the excuse he used to keep them in despite the technical issues.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Turns out that datamined model was actually fanmade.
Bit of a shame, because it looks really good.

Anyways, here’s some fanart.

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Huh... So here's some really interesting news;
There's an interview being held by Harada featuring Sakurai!

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Huh... So here's some really interesting news;
There's an interesting being held by Harada featuring Sakurai!
I’d ask him if he misses working on the Kirby series

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
New Patch.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
HMK shared a video debunking the dumbest arguments against Sora.
I'm not gonna lie, this was such a cathartic vid to watch. The whole issue I have with these kinds of arguments is that they're normally mentioned without a lot of thought behind them. Like, I could count on one hand the amount of arguments that I've had on character speculation where someone had an informed take that I disagreed with. This isn't only referencing Sora either, you could look towards Geno, Steve, Dante, and various others and you'lll find that most people are just extraordinarily ignorant.

That aside, however, this was a great vid. The only thing I'd change up would be the argument against Goofy and Donald. We already have two examples in the fighters pass that debunk this argument in differing ways, making it a completely obsolete.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
TGS 2021 schedule revealed; SE is slated for Oct. 1st
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I don't expect even a sliver of KH news since Nomura's busy prepping for the 20th anniversary, but it'd still be cool to at least see a teaser.
Saaaaaaaaaaaame...
It's crazy how starved I am for KH news right now. I should probably just replay the KH series in its entirety. That could probably tide me over.
Either way, I'm not entirely excited for their presentation. They clearly don't have a lot of games in the works and, in my honest opinion, shouldn't have a dedicated presentation. That last one left a real bad taste in my mouth.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Rie posted this in the Speculation thread:
I don’t really care about Sora in smash either way myself but this is a really nice concept:
Perkilator Perkilator

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
This is why being a Sora supporter can be a pain sometimes.
The sad part is that this extends to a lot of Smash speculation in general. Whether it's Banjo/Steve and other big name 3rd party characters or the mindset of Nintendo/ Sakurai, this community has an abundance of wild, ill-informed assumptions that take center stage. It doesn't surprise me that people think they're legal experts, but I wish they'd take the extra step to do some actual research.

Top Bottom