• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
In my playthrough of Kingdom Hearts 2, I just reached the point where three particularly random clips happened:

Some parts of the combat haven't aged well (it's unclear when you'll launch towards an opponent or flail around wildly; having to use AP for things like guarding or being able to see the enemy's health bar seems like a bizarre choice), but I'm enjoying it so far. I think I'm in the second half of the game, since new missions have popped up in all of the Disney worlds. I haven't played Kingdom Hearts 2 before, but I'm guessing that most of them properly introduce the remaining members of Organization XIII before the final battle. (the levels based on the Little Mermaid and the Lion King seem like exceptions; I can't see Saix lurking around and trying to ruin the song Under The Sea, or Xemnas turned into a lion and delivering serious monologues about darkness even though he looks like a big cat)

Also, they aren't trying very hard to hide the identity of DiZ - Christopher Lee's voice is unmistakable.

I'm looking forward to Birth By Sleep - by my understanding, Leonard Nimoy voices Xehanort, while Mark Hamill voices a mentor figure for the heroes, so that will be entertaining. (I don't know anything about the plot, or which Disney worlds they visit)

Gotta know your reaction to the infamous scene...

"They'll pay for this."

Ngl it's a little corny but damnit I can't help but get a little choked up about seeing Mickey and Donald go out for blood and seeing Sora team up with Yuffie, Leon, Tifa, and Cloud before the battle of 1000 Heartless. Hell, even Stitch helps out which is pretty neat. It really helps that the backing track for this sequence, "Vim and Vigor" is so. Damn. Good.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The ironic thing about the lack of Disney content in Smash complaint is that it mirrors the same complaint for Kingdom Hearts itself.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Personally, I'd love to see future KH games delve into Disney's animated TV. The Owl House and Gravity Falls alone would make for fun adventures, and we could also get DuckTales (I'd prefer the 2017 version, though we do already have traditional Donald, Scrooge, and HDL), Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, Kim Possible, Phineas and Ferb, and more.

Paraster

Smash Lord
So I've been conceptualizing a KH AU fanfic idea and want feedback on a certain character beat.

Basically, the AU involves Kairi coming to wield her Keyblade much earlier and effectively replacing Sora as the protagonist. As such, it seemed natural to make a Roxas replacement based on Kairi, but due to the circumstances behind Roxas's creation (and Namine's) not happening, the stand-in is instead a Replica (pretty much making her a composite of Roxas, Namine, and Xion). However, I am torn as to whether this should be a new character (I already have a name I really like) or just an alternate version of Xion for simplicity's sake (her being a Kairi Replica would make sense for her appearance and they'd probably still use the "no. i" thing).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm nearing the end of Kingdom Hearts 2 - I just have to revisit Twilight Town, and then it's off to the base of Organization XIII.

After that, I'm assuming that I'd play Birth By Sleep, and then Dream Drop Distance, and then KH3 (I have the 1.5 and 2.5 collections, so I've seen the cutscenes for 358/2 Days). Not sure if there's any key games that I'm missing, though.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm nearing the end of Kingdom Hearts 2 - I just have to revisit Twilight Town, and then it's off to the base of Organization XIII.

After that, I'm assuming that I'd play Birth By Sleep, and then Dream Drop Distance, and then KH3 (I have the 1.5 and 2.5 collections, so I've seen the cutscenes for 358/2 Days). Not sure if there's any key games that I'm missing, though.
0.2 Birth by Sleep is good, though it's a glorified tech demo. It is canon, and it takes about two and a half to three hours to beat.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Why wouldn't we have access? These are the character forums, they don't get shut down
I'm guessing it's because the Newcomer Speculation section was closed, since Ultimate's done and there's nothing more to speculate for it. The individual character forums for the ones that made it into the game are open; maybe Groove thought they were closed as well.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm guessing it's because the Newcomer Speculation section was closed, since Ultimate's done and there's nothing more to speculate for it. The individual character forums for the ones that made it into the game are open; maybe Groove thought they were closed as well.
I mean I guess but they've been closed for months .w.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Pretty much this, plus the last Sora4smash thread I was in closed down for similar reasons, so I thought this just applied to every character forum.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Smash Ultimate has been really good in terms of responding to so many fan demands, what with Everyone is Here, :ultridley: who has been heavily requested for 17 years, :ultsimon::ultrichter: bringing in much wanted Castlevania representation, :ultkrool:, the return of N64 mascots :ultbanjokazooie: and the single most requested character and an ultimate pipe dream come true :ultsora:.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Honestly the one thing I am looking forward the most to if Sora returns in the next game (which imo is far likelier than some people on this site would say) is more music. Kingdom Hearts the series did not get the best music selection for Smash: Kingdom Hearts for the PS2 did. Give me Rage Awakened, Fate of the Unknown, Another Side Another Story, Hearts as One, Vector to the Heavens, Forze De Mal, Darkness of the Unknown, The 13th Struggle, Enter the Darkness, and more. There is so much more we could get for KH music, I hope Disney is willing to play ball with next time.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Honestly the one thing I am looking forward the most to if Sora returns in the next game (which imo is far likelier than some people on this site would say) is more music. Kingdom Hearts the series did not get the best music selection for Smash: Kingdom Hearts for the PS2 did. Give me Rage Awakened, Fate of the Unknown, Another Side Another Story, Hearts as One, Vector to the Heavens, Forze De Mal, Darkness of the Unknown, The 13th Struggle, Enter the Darkness, and more. There is so much more we could get for KH music, I hope Disney is willing to play ball with next time.
Yeah, we missed out on so many good tracks with it sticking to the first game.

On the bright side, it was the orchestrated ReMix versions and not the original MIDIs. Melody of Memory couldn't even get that.

Greenhorne Ethan

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-4106-6771-3326
Trying to use this site more so I can possibly revive this thread, hey! I'm a big KH and Disney fan and I've mainly been playing Sora at locals. It's a toss-up between him or Wii Fit Trainer with who I want to commit to "maining" for now.

I was thinking at yesterday's local that I'd love for Sora to have one of these "nuiMO" dress-up plushes, so I could prop it up by the setup when I do my tournament play...I know people do that with other merch of their characters.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If only the time waiting for Kingdom Hearts IV would also fly.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Managed to preorder the Sora amiibo a few days ago. Really excited for It to arrive.

Now if only there was a DQ8 Hero amiibo... Then I would have amiibo of all my most wanted Smash Bros characters.

Top Bottom