• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
I personally can't wait for the Papa Genos vid discussing which "leaks" actually called Kazuya. I've already seen one that said Kazuya and Sora, but the rest of their list didn't really pan out with what we ended up getting. And with this being the final character in the pass, I wanna just completely lose myself in the speculation. Just like the good ol' days.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just wondering; HWYR if Sora was CP5 instead of Byleth?
I feel like most people (in the Sora thread or in general) would be fine with that. (at least, I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who'd prefer Byleth's inclusion over Sora's) A trickier question would be asking that about a character who had a positive reception, like "how would you react if Sora was CP3 instead of Banjo and Kazooie?"

Last edited:

TraaP

Smash Cadet
I’m surprised we haven’t talked about how Kazuya’s colour is red. As it seems that Sora’s colour would have been red if he was the last character. Black/grey could ask work for KH2 outfit, but Sephiroth has taken that.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I’m surprised we haven’t talked about how Kazuya’s colour is red. As it seems that Sora’s colour would have been red if he was the last character. Black/grey could ask work for KH2 outfit, but Sephiroth has taken that.
Sephiroth is more dark-greenish, so black/gold or a lighter shade of red could still work for Sora (Kazuya is a much deeper shade of red).

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
I feel like most people (in the Sora thread or in general) would be fine with that. (at least, I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who'd prefer Byleth's inclusion over Sora's) A trickier question would be asking that about a character who had a positive reception, like "how would you react if Sora was CP3 instead of Banjo and Kazooie?"
Personally, I don't care WHEN he'd join up, on whichever pass number, I would have been excited.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
So how do you guys think Sakurai would explain Kingdom Hearts in Sora's hypothetical presentation? I feel like he'd focus primarily on the gameplay of the series and Sora's history specifically.
He'd probably tout it as a massive achievement in gaming. Since it was one of the more "impossible" gaming crossovers to exist before Ultimate and Fortnite. If not the most "impossible". Who knows, he might even make a jab at the story.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
The dream still isn't dead...! THE DREAM STILL ISN'T DEAD!!!
My heart goes out to everybody whose dream character(s) got de-confirmed, but right now it's survival of the fittest. The Dragonborn outfit and Shantae outfit got me the most excited for them.

Alsorash

Smash Cadet
It would be so depressing if at the end of Smash Ultimate, Kingdom Hearts won't be acknowledged at all... because I don't think Nintendo will be willing to pay DISNEY only for a mii costume.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
It would be so depressing if at the end of Smash Ultimate, Kingdom Hearts won't be acknowledged at all... because I don't think Nintendo will be willing to pay DISNEY only for a mii costume.
I think a Mii Costume still counts as acknowledgement. Obviously a fighter would be a better case scenario, but even though it seems ridiculous (like you said), I'd be okay with Sora being a Mii Costume if he couldn't be a fighter.

Anyways, here's a music wishlist I whipped up for Sora a while back:
  1. Simple and Clean ~Orchestra~
  2. Dearly Beloved
  3. Dive Into the Heart / Destati
  4. Bustin’ Up on the Beach
  5. Destiny’s Force
  6. Shrouding Dark Cloud ~Gigas Blast~
  7. Squirming Evil
  8. Hand in Hand
  9. Blast Away! ~Gummi Ship Medley~
  10. The Deep End
  11. Scherzo di Notte / Black Garden
  12. Forze del Male
  13. Disappeared
  14. Another Side
  15. The 13th Struggle
  16. Sinister Sundown / Working Together
  17. Revenge of Chaos
  18. Sanctuary ~Orchestra~
  19. Tension Rising ~Reaper’s Revenge~
  20. Desire for All That is Lost
  21. Vim and Vigor
  22. The Encounter
  23. The 13th Dilemma
  24. Sinister Shadows
  25. A Fight to the Death
  26. Darkness of the Unknown
  27. The 13th Reflection
  28. The Other Promise
  29. Rage Awakened
  30. Fate of the Unknown
  31. Lord of the Castle
  32. Fight and Away
  33. Critical Drive
  34. Vector to the Heavens
  35. The Tumbling
  36. Enter the Darkness
  37. Unforgettable
  38. Black Powder
  39. Unbreakable Chains
  40. Dismiss
  41. Master, Tell Me the Truth
  42. Forze dell’Oscurita
  43. No More Bugs!!
  44. UNTAMABLE
  45. Twister ~Kingdom Mix~
  46. Majestic Wings
  47. Ice-hot Lobster
  48. Gigabyte Mantis
  49. Dread of Night
  50. L’Eminenza Oscura
  51. Wave of Darkness / L’Impeto Oscuro
  52. Dearly Beloved ~Unchained χ Version~
  53. Wake Up, World!
  54. Face My Fears / Don't Think Twice ~Instrumental~
  55. Titanic Clash
  56. Anger Unchained
  57. Eye of the Storm
  58. Rise of the Union
  59. Forza Finale
  60. Edge of Existence
  61. Nachtflügel
Here's another list I crafted by picking the most likely songs form this one:

Alsorash

Smash Cadet
I think a Mii Costume still counts as acknowledgement. Obviously a fighter would be a better case scenario, but even though it seems ridiculous (like you said), I'd be okay with Sora being a Mii Costume if he couldn't be a fighter.

Anyways, here's a music wishlist I whipped up for Sora a while back:
  1. Simple and Clean ~Orchestra~
  2. Dearly Beloved
  3. Dive Into the Heart / Destati
  4. Bustin’ Up on the Beach
  5. Destiny’s Force
  6. Shrouding Dark Cloud ~Gigas Blast~
  7. Squirming Evil
  8. Hand in Hand
  9. Blast Away! ~Gummi Ship Medley~
  10. The Deep End
  11. Scherzo di Notte / Black Garden
  12. Forze del Male
  13. Disappeared
  14. Another Side
  15. The 13th Struggle
  16. Sinister Sundown / Working Together
  17. Revenge of Chaos
  18. Sanctuary ~Orchestra~
  19. Tension Rising ~Reaper’s Revenge~
  20. Desire for All That is Lost
  21. Vim and Vigor
  22. The Encounter
  23. The 13th Dilemma
  24. Sinister Shadows
  25. A Fight to the Death
  26. Darkness of the Unknown
  27. The 13th Reflection
  28. The Other Promise
  29. Rage Awakened
  30. Fate of the Unknown
  31. Lord of the Castle
  32. Fight and Away
  33. Critical Drive
  34. Vector to the Heavens
  35. The Tumbling
  36. Enter the Darkness
  37. Unforgettable
  38. Black Powder
  39. Unbreakable Chains
  40. Dismiss
  41. Master, Tell Me the Truth
  42. Forze dell’Oscurita
  43. No More Bugs!!
  44. UNTAMABLE
  45. Twister ~Kingdom Mix~
  46. Majestic Wings
  47. Ice-hot Lobster
  48. Gigabyte Mantis
  49. Dread of Night
  50. L’Eminenza Oscura
  51. Wave of Darkness / L’Impeto Oscuro
  52. Dearly Beloved ~Unchained χ Version~
  53. Wake Up, World!
  54. Face My Fears / Don't Think Twice ~Instrumental~
  55. Titanic Clash
  56. Anger Unchained
  57. Eye of the Storm
  58. Rise of the Union
  59. Forza Finale
  60. Edge of Existence
  61. Nachtflügel
Here's another list I crafted by picking the most likely songs form this one:
Fact is, I don't see Nintendo paying Disney just for a costume, if we ever get a KH rep it may as be a full fledged character. Because I already kinda see the meltdown for one of the most requested character as a MII costume, especially if he is THAT difficult to get.
For the potential OST I think we are lucky if there are 10 songs if I'm being honest, obviously not the Utada Hikaru ones (too expensive)

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Fact is, I don't see Nintendo paying Disney just for a costume, if we ever get a KH rep it may as be a full fledged character. Because I already kinda see the meltdown for one of the most requested character as a MII costume, especially if he is THAT difficult to get.
I feel like people grossly underestimate how likley a Mii costume is for the sake of convenience. Heck, we barely have an idea as to how Nintendo negotiates for the characters we already have, but everybody supporting Sora seems to be under this impression that a Mii costume wouldn't be possible just because money, which to me is ridiculous.

GhostRoy

Smash Apprentice
Grand Rapids, MI United States of America
NNID
RoyUchiha
We also don't know how highly Nintendo/Sakurai/SmashTeam and companies owning (insert character) value having a mii costume in over nothing. So saying they wouldn't pay for it or it would be super expensive when we have so many popular characters that have been wanted and mii'd already with the most recent one being Dante is a bad way to assume imo

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Man, lately I just feel it in my heart and soul that Sora is the last fighter for this DLC. I've been imagining his trailer having him show up last minute to help save the smash fighters by rallying them up to finish off Dharkon and showing off his stage being Twilight town traveling across specific areas like the town plaza, the struggle tournament platform, the mansion, the train station, and finally the top of the clock tower along with seeing different characters cameo on stage each time you travel. I'm just really hoping its not a fever dream of mine and that it comes true in the near future.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Here's an amiibo box mockup:
I think you linked the wrong tweet.

Top Bottom