• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well, the merch has never been advertised up until KH3, at least as far as I've seen. And it's always been low quality merch at that. Then there was the lack of presence in Disney's theme parks until KH3 was announced. Sure, there were loads of games, but I feel like that was more due to SE's/Nomura's ability to successfully pitch them as opposed to any proactive attempt from Disney to have more games made for the franchise. Heck, it wasn't until today that I found out that Disney was the one who insisted that MoM be developed, and I believe that was the only time that's ever happened.

No really, this is a shock to me. It almost gets me excited. With this, I hope we'll get to see some wild spin-off titles in the future. If nothing else, I hope that we get to see a Warriors or arc system game revolving based on the KH franchise.
Is there actually any presence of KH in Disney's theme parks? I visited Tokyo Disney Land after KH3 released and there was absolutely nothing there from KH.

Also disagree with past merchandise being low quality. Clothing and figure lines have generally been pretty good. It also had a decent TCG from what I can gather.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Is there actually any presence of KH in Disney's theme parks? I visited Tokyo Disney Land after KH3 released and there was absolutely nothing there from KH.

Also disagree with past merchandise being low quality. Clothing and figure lines have generally been pretty good. It also had a decent TCG from what I can gather.
There was a little bit it seems.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
then why say it at all?
Minor detail I added in because I felt like it. I really don't think anything productive comes out of arguing over something like this.

Anyway:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I would recommend looking the tweet being quoted here.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I would recommend looking the tweet being quoted here.
wait people still believe that one?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
KH is in a weird grey area with Disney. It was created with that in mind and you'd be taking g away its identity if you stripped it away from the series by itself, but it's not necessarily required for its original characters to make appearances outside the series (for as confusing as that sounds).
some people never learn and if they do they forget
Unfortunately.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace

Agree to disagree, I guess. As far as I've ever seen, the Merch was always low quality and off model. The only exceptions being anything relating to the keyblade or the products made by the fans.

Oh wow, I never saw that. I was actually referring to this.

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
On the subject of KH at Disney parks, there actually was a Sora mascot that was made and used back when the first game (and later CoM) came out. Here is an Imgur Album of the mascot in question.
I know a lot of people find him a little weird looking, but I find him cute! Well, in a weird sorta way. Like, IMO it’s got an awkward charm to it.
Also, E3 is in two weeks…I’m still praying for Sora with all my heart. Though at this point I don’t know who to actually expect.

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
If Sora ends up being in Smash (hopefully), you don’t think he’ll suffer in the music department, do you? We all know Final Fantasy had copyright hell and Dragon Quest’s composer is a stingy old fart…

Perkilator

Smash Legend
If Sora ends up being in Smash (hopefully), you don’t think he’ll suffer in the music department, do you? We all know Final Fantasy had copyright hell and Dragon Quest’s composer is a stingy old fart…
All Nintendo would have to go to for music is Disney, since they own everything that originated in KH. Plus, Yoko Shimomura has been a Smash remix veteran since Brawl.

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of which, if Sora gets in, do you think that there would be Utada Hikaru's songs included in the song list? I wouldn't mind hearing Simple and Clean when we already have songs like Calling to the Night and Lost in Thoughts.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Speaking of which, if Sora gets in, do you think that there would be Utada Hikaru's songs included in the song list? I wouldn't mind hearing Simple and Clean when we already have songs like Calling to the Night and Lost in Thoughts.
It would be good but I'm wondering how that's going to go for the budget.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Yes and no.
Visibly, from the amount of KH ost remix that exist, seems that Disney isn't too stingy about the music from the games, Shimomura was able to release remixes and piano collections without much issues for exemple.

As for the Utada Hikaru music? That's another can of worms, which I dont think we would get, rather, we'd get the instrumental for them.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
music can never suffer when its made by yoko shimoura

GhostRoy

Smash Apprentice
Grand Rapids, MI United States of America
NNID
RoyUchiha
After thinking about it some more...if Sora got in, he'd probably be as light as Sephiroth, if not slightly lighter. He can get launched pretty far by enemies in most of the KH games he's playable in.
I'm expecting (If he were to get in) a playstyle similar to Lucina's "floatyness" but lower knockback on aerials kinda like pikachu's aerials but with a sword"key"

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ok some thoughts on UX ending

i hate that it seems the player became xehanort. the idea that someone so good is reborn as someone so evil just does not sit well with me.

and i really want luxu to get a beating that freaking body thief

although as brain was shown ending up in some version of scala ed cailum it makes you wonder if he some how got his body back after luxu stole the next one

so it seems the master's plan has been to use himself and a bunch of others to destroy the 13 darknesses from the x-blade, which i guess means the foretellers may act evil deliberately to goad sora and co into destroying them.

i guess one of those darkness became vanitas perhaps. and if he indeed reabsorbed into ven at the end of bbs when may need to kill ven afetr all

of course this being KH sora will probably find a way to enter a persons heart and destroy the darkness thats sealed within without the need to sacrifice anyone

so does this mean that emphere is eraqus' ancestor or perhaps brain became eraqus after he reappeared?

i guess thats more signs that subject x is perhaps skuld after all but who knows

my thinking is the next saga will be about defeating the 13 draknesses

Perkilator

Smash Legend

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Top Bottom