• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Those weren't specifically Mario blocks, Nintendo isn't even listed in the credits:

those were defiantly mario blocks and even if they werent how would that in anyway be proof of nintendo and disney falling out? if they had why would they allow memory of melody on the switch?

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
those were defiantly mario blocks and even if they werent how would that in anyway be proof of nintendo and disney falling out? if they had why would they allow memory of melody on the switch?
I just thought it was a little sus seeing RBtI not include any Mario characters after the Universal deal happened, but yeah, it probably doesn't have that much of an effect on other projects they could collaborate on. I'm mostly just curious on how their relationship stands now compared to when Vignocchi was at Disney hoping for a Mario/Mickey crossover and if he still wants to see it happen or not (I'm sure they probably could make it happen if they wanted to.)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I just thought it was a little sus seeing RBtI not include any Mario characters after the Universal deal happened, but yeah, it probably doesn't have that much of an effect on other projects they could collaborate on. I'm mostly just curious on how their relationship stands now compared to when Vignocchi was at Disney hoping for a Mario/Mickey crossover and if he still wants to see it happen or not (I'm sure they probably could make it happen if they wanted to.)
exactly just cause they don’t collaborate for one thing doesn’t mean they can’t collaborate for others. It’s also worth noting I think that some things that appeared at universal in the past are now owned by Disney

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
Will Sora still be a possibility for whenever the next Smash reveal(s) happen? I'm praying my hardest for that to be the case. Imagine all the callbacks they could make in his trailer, what with both Cloud and Sephiroth being playable now.

Speaking of which, if I had to make a logical guess, I think that the next character reveal(s) will be during E3 2021 in early June. Pyra and Mythra weren't too long ago (it certainly feels that way, but it really isn't), and I think that they'd probably want to save the next reveal(s) for E3 in order to make a "comeback", so to speak, and bank on E3 hype since E3 last year was cancelled. Thanks for that, COVID...

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Will Sora still be a possibility for whenever the next Smash reveal(s) happen? I'm praying my hardest for that to be the case. Imagine all the callbacks they could make in his trailer, what with both Cloud and Sephiroth being playable now.

Speaking of which, if I had to make a logical guess, I think that the next character reveal(s) will be during E3 2021 in early June. Pyra and Mythra weren't too long ago (it certainly feels that way, but it really isn't), and I think that they'd probably want to save the next reveal(s) for E3 in order to make a "comeback", so to speak, and bank on E3 hype since E3 last year was cancelled. Thanks for that, COVID...
It's a tough call on Sora being a possibility still. On one hand, he is an incredibly popular character and he'd fit really well into Smash. The main problems are that so far there hasn't really been any precedence of a third party company having more than one representative in a pass / DLC cycle. Sephiroth for Square does seem to stack the chances against Sora, but there's 1) nothing saying this is actually a rule, just an observation based on prior entries, and 2) the possibility that Sora could be attributed to Disney instead.

I personally would love Sora, I'm just not sure I feel his chances are good at this point. They're definitely not 0, but I dunno, I think it would be more surprising to me now than say, a year ago.

As for the next character reveal, I definitely think E3 at the latest will be the next one. Steve was in October, Sephiroth was in December, Pyra/Mythra in February, so going by that 2/3 month cycle, that's April or May. Because that's so close to E3 in early June, it makes sense. While I don't think it necessarily probable, I do think they could do a 2019 E3 and reveal the remaining 2 characters at E3 in Hero / Banjo fashion, with a Summer and Fall release date like before. I'm not expecting this necessarily, but wouldn't be surprised. I do think the 2nd pass will be finished by Fall 2021 either way. Whether they'll announce further DLC or not by then, who knows.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Well, Square's music delivery for Smash has been....spotty, but improved with Sephiroth.

But here's a question: if you could only get one type, would you want Sora's music package to be straight rips of the original KH songs or have the KH songs be Smash-unique remixes?

Like, I like the Earthbound remixes, but I am disappointed that none of the game's battle music was used, especially Pokey Means Business.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, Square's music delivery for Smash has been....spotty, but improved with Sephiroth.

But here's a question: if you could only get one type, would you want Sora's music package to be straight rips of the original KH songs or have the KH songs be Smash-unique remixes?

Like, I like the Earthbound remixes, but I am disappointed that none of the game's battle music was used, especially Pokey Means Business.
well Disney may have different licensing issues. To answer your question I guess straight from the source as I know I like those versions and can’t be sure new versions would be as good. Though it take a lot to ruin yokos magic

I think the artist meant physically, you know, with her body and consciousness and all, not just her heart.
I get that but I say it still counts

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I heard apparently Japan prefers HJO as Sora's voice actor, so that at least inspires a bit of confidence that Nintendo could at least try to go for him (at least, in the international versions).

Granted, HJO is a film actor, so it might be tricky to afford him for something like Smash. But I wouldn't be too bothered if they couldn't get him to record new lines; I was thinking that they could repurpose Sora's KH3 voice clips for the international versions of Ultimate.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I heard apparently Japan prefers HJO as Sora's voice actor, so that at least inspires a bit of confidence that Nintendo could at least try to go for him (at least, in the international versions).

Granted, HJO is a film actor, so it might be tricky to afford him for something like Smash. But I wouldn't be too bothered if they couldn't get him to record new lines; I was thinking that they could repurpose Sora's KH3 voice clips for the international versions of Ultimate.
itll come down to two things, his contact for voicing the character and if hes part of a union

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The union shouldn't be much of an issue. The companies in question almost certainly have agreements with the major VA unions.
union's are an issue for nintendo. they refuse to work with people who are part of one. most of the VAs get around this be being uncredited but some like cloud's english VA are under contract to always be credited. so if these teo factors are also true of HJO then i dont see it happening

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
I've recently been noticing an uptick in KH products being advertised lately. Anything between figures to... Well... Whatever the heck these are:

This is probably gonna be the start of Disney taking the KH IP more seriously.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Maybe?

I don't see how this means anything more than any other of the merchandise we've gotten.

If anything would indicate Disney is looking to utilise it more I'd probably say it's the fact they suggested Square Enix make Melody of Memory.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I've recently been noticing an uptick in KH products being advertised lately. Anything between figures to... Well... Whatever the heck these are:

i mean its been getting tones of merchandise for years and has loads of games how much more seriously can they take it?

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
i mean its been getting tones of merchandise for years and has loads of games how much more seriously can they take it?
Well, the merch has never been advertised up until KH3, at least as far as I've seen. And it's always been low quality merch at that. Then there was the lack of presence in Disney's theme parks until KH3 was announced. Sure, there were loads of games, but I feel like that was more due to SE's/Nomura's ability to successfully pitch them as opposed to any proactive attempt from Disney to have more games made for the franchise. Heck, it wasn't until today that I found out that Disney was the one who insisted that MoM be developed, and I believe that was the only time that's ever happened.

Maybe?

I don't see how this means anything more than any other of the merchandise we've gotten.

If anything would indicate Disney is looking to utilise it more I'd probably say it's the fact they suggested Square Enix make Melody of Memory.
No really, this is a shock to me. It almost gets me excited. With this, I hope we'll get to see some wild spin-off titles in the future. If nothing else, I hope that we get to see a Warriors or arc system game revolving based on the KH franchise.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, the merch has never been advertised up until KH3, at least as far as I've seen. And it's always been low quality merch at that. Then there was the lack of presence in Disney's theme parks until KH3 was announced. Sure, there were loads of games, but I feel like that was more due to SE's/Nomura's ability to successfully pitch them as opposed to any proactive attempt from Disney to have more games made for the franchise. Heck, it wasn't until today that I found out that Disney was the one who insisted that it be developed, and I believe that was the only time that's ever happened.
as for advertising i dont really recall so ill just take your word for it. as KH at the theme parks thats the first ive heard of it. as for disney insisting that SE make certain KH games well you cant blame them after all their attempts to make game without them havent worked out.

Top Bottom