• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You know, I always wonder why Disney never seems to be the ones behind KH merchandise. Yeah it's licensed by them since they own it but it's always SE selling it and promoting it. Does Disney not bother with it or is part of their arrangement that SE handles it all?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
You know, I always wonder why Disney never seems to be the ones behind KH merchandise. Yeah it's licensed by them since they own it but it's always SE selling it and promoting it. Does Disney not bother with it or is part of their arrangement that SE handles it all?
I think it's likely the former. Disney is known for shelling out the KH license to whoever's willing to take it, hence a lot of merch from all kinds of companies (not just SE).

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Wayfinder Trio Plushes.

All three trio plushies (and FF7).

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
At this point, my operating theory is they're waiting until the Switch Pro, which'll be strong enough to run KH3. Sure, they could launch 1.5+2.5 now, but they wanna do it all at once.
I mean it took them a year after KH3's release on Xbox One to finally put 1.5+2.5 on the system, so they probably don't care about that.

Paraster

Smash Lord
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
The presentation alone is marked up a LOT from the original/Final Remix, and those weren't slacking to begin with. Cutscenes and the customization menu have more flair, and I think the game has full voice acting for all the dialogue scenes?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Did you guys see this?
"Sora" (sky) Limited, so I guess that means "the sky's the limit" according to Sakurai. I dunno if that was intentional, but that's still kinda cool.

But whatever the case, think he'd be over the moon if he was told Sora was A-OK for Smash?

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
The presentation alone is marked up a LOT from the original/Final Remix, and those weren't slacking to begin with. Cutscenes and the customization menu have more flair, and I think the game has full voice acting for all the dialogue scenes?
At the very least, they're here for the main story beats. Even if it's only for that, I'm all for it.

Did you guys see this?
"Sora" (sky) Limited, so I guess that means "the sky's the limit" according to Sakurai. I dunno if that was intentional, but that's still kinda cool.

But whatever the case, think he'd be over the moon if he was told Sora was A-OK for Smash?
Who knows. It's not like he ever openly speaks about higly requested characters anymore.

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
It's something getting reminded that Kazushige Nojima helped out with the Subspace Emissary's scenario writing.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I feel that somehow Nomura would make Sora's Smash trailer either Canon to KH lore or reveal an important piece of story information in it.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
just like when he made vcast canon
What is vcast?

This trailer having kh story thought was based on reading that an orchestra event for the series actually included some information that cleared up a hanging plot thread from KHIII. I know this series runs on story breadcrumbs and multiple gaming platforms for the story, but geez.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What is vcast?

This trailer having kh story thought was based on reading that an orchestra event for the series actually included some information that cleared up a hanging plot thread from KHIII. I know this series runs on story breadcrumbs and multiple gaming platforms for the story, but geez.
a game made without SE

it won’t be canon

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
So I've been curious about if Disney and Nintendo's current relationship might've gained a slight dent after the latter partnered up with Universal, especially with Ralph Breaks the Internet not having any Nintendo characters after initially wanting to save Mario for a sequel. On the other hand, John Vignocchi now works with Nintendo of America, and he's on record as to saying this:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So I've been curious about if Disney and Nintendo's current relationship might've gained a slight dent after the latter partnered up with Universal, especially with Ralph Breaks the Internet not having any Nintendo characters after initially wanting to save Mario for a sequel. On the other hand, John Vignocchi now works with Nintendo of America, and he's on record as to saying this:

well there were ? blocks in ralph breaks the internet and the nintendo theme park has been in development for years

TraaP

Smash Cadet
What are people’s thoughts on negotiations for Sora falling through because Disney vehemently want Mickey to be the playable character, but Sakurai doesn’t want this

Double0Groove

Smash Ace

While there may be some hope for the Mario/Mickey meet up, as that kind of thing takes time, Nintendo working with Universal wouldn't affect their business partnership. The fact that Universal was working with Nintendo was made public in 2015. There's no way Disney missed this, and if this were the kind of thing that would affect their relationship with Nintendo, then something like THIS would have never happened in the first place. Hell, we wouldn't have gotten MoM and Marvel's Ultimate alliance on the Switch. At the very least, Marvel wouldn't have been exclusive.

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
well there were ? blocks in ralph breaks the internet and the nintendo theme park has been in development for years
Those weren't specifically Mario blocks, Nintendo isn't even listed in the credits:

Top Bottom