• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Up to ReMind's secret boss on critical. I managed to do better against the data battles than I did on proud. Hopefully that translates to this battle as well.

Edit: Just beat it. Definitely handled it better than on proud.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Here's something interesting:
I wonder if the same could be done with, say, Kingdom Hearts 3 if it ever got a Switch port?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Here's something interesting:
I wonder if the same could be done with, say, Kingdom Hearts 3 if it ever got a Switch port?
I still don't know why we couldn't have Switch ports of KH 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 (The Story so Far). Resolution couldn't even be a problem there.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
I still don't know why we couldn't have Switch ports of KH 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 (The Story so Far). Resolution couldn't even be a problem there.
From what I remember, it's because the Switch cartridges aren't powerfull enough (if I'm not mistaken, KH:TSSF is around 50 gigas, and Switch cartridges go up to 32 gigas as of now).

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I think Square just doesn't want to go through the effort of porting it. They had to make 1.5 and 2.5 from the ground up for the PS3 due to a lack of source code and the PS3 was notoriously difficult to develop for so I imagine then porting them again to PS4 and Xbox took up even more time.

I'd like to be surprised but their comments on it make it sound like it's not happening.
From what I remember, it's because the Switch cartridges aren't powerfull enough (if I'm not mistaken, KH:TSSF is around 50 gigas, and Switch cartridges go up to 32 gigas as of now).
Switch ports basically never have have the same file size as other versions. For instance, Doom isn't the 80+GB it is on other consoles.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Something like 90+% of game software was sold on Switch so far this year in Japan and SE refuses to give us KH Collections.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It is a shame that cause of SE always pushing the boundaries of game processing Nintendo consoles do tend to get left out. Although they are getting a touch uncanny valley

Oh well we’ve got NTWEWY

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Several Nendoroids of KH characters were confirmed.

Once again, Disney's not as strict with the KH license as people make them out to be.
Yeah, KH has never been short of merchandise.

I just hope the ease with which those licenses come out translate to licensing KH for Smash.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Several Nendoroids of KH characters were confirmed.

Once again, Disney's not as strict with the KH license as people make them out to be.
****, i gotta get a second job if i wanna grab Axel and Aqua.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
It's most likey because porting it actually is too difficult. It's not like the claim is unfounded, it took a full year after KH3's release before the Xbox saw the .5 remakes make their way to those consoles.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It's most likey because porting it actually is too difficult. It's not like the claim is unfounded, it took a full year after KH3's release before the Xbox saw the .5 remakes make their way to those consoles.
The easy answer here is too just port over the collections individually like on PS3, or make one of them a digital download lke the X collections.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The easy answer here is too just port over the collections individually like on PS3, or make one of them a digital download lke the X collections.
but that wouldnt get rid of the inherent problems of porting them. doing them separately would just spread the problem out instead of it all at once and doing them digital only would just eliminate any problems of putting it onto the cartridge but wed still have the problems of having them run on the system

Perkilator

Smash Legend
On the topic of ports:
Just one problem: 1.5+2.5, 2.8, 3 and Re:Mind, and MoM are all sold separately. For full price.

At least 3 comes with Re:Mind.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
On the topic of ports:
Just one problem: 1.5+2.5, 2.8, 3 and Re:Mind, and MoM are all sold separately. For full price.

Looks at $30 copy of the Story So Far on PS4.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Yeah, I think I'm sticking to console.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
On the topic of ports:

Epic games
th (1).jpg

Bottom text

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
On the topic of ports:

Probably still cheaper for someone who doesn't have a PS4 yet.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Is anybody else a bit worried if they put Sora in he wouldn't have moves from anything past KH2? I love 2 and the games before don't get me wrong, but future games all have cool moves they could pull from.

I ask this because I'm playing 3 Remind and Last Charge is such a cool finisher. Just make it Sora's Fsmash.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Is anybody else a bit worried if they put Sora in he wouldn't have moves from anything past KH2? I love 2 and the games before don't get me wrong, but future games all have cool moves they could pull from.

I ask this because I'm playing 3 Remind and Last Charge is such a cool finisher. Just make it Sora's Fsmash.
Not really.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I would rather have a moveset based entirely around 3DS and 3. I like his moveset in those games.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
On the topic of ports:

Called it. This is coming out over a year after the Xbox port. We should expect the Switch to get some similar treatment next year... Or late in the second half of this year.

I don't think I'd really care too much. I just wanna have fun and I feel like any game his moveset would draw from would deliver on that front. If there's anything I'd want from the later games (KH3 specifically), it'd be the Keyblade swap/transformations, as I feel like they'd give him so many options to play your own way. Plus, there's the added bonus of one of those keyblades being Oathkeeper/ Oblivion, which would make a Roxas palette swap even more epic.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
KH on PC? That sounds like a dream come tr- Epic Games Store Exclusive. Never mind. It's a nightmare.

Given Square's porting history with KH these probably won't work very well aside from KH3 + Remind. Combine that with the pricing and you get a game that's dead on arrival. And with poor sales there will be little to no incentive for Square to patch them. Not that good sales helped the ports get support on consoles.

Hopefully these will work, and then when it inevitably makes it way over to Steam there will be an alternative.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Is it confirmed Square Enix wants to get paid out before putting Kingdom Hearts games on other platforms? That it's not enough to have a popular platform but the platform holder like Xbox has to pay for the games? If so that's kinda crappy.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Is it confirmed Square Enix wants to get paid out before putting Kingdom Hearts games on other platforms? That it's not enough to have a popular platform but the platform holder like Xbox has to pay for the games? If so that's kinda crappy.
where did you hear this?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
A Nintendo Direct's been announced for tomorrow; it's 50 minutes long.

Hopefully there's some kind of Kingdom Hearts announcement - I don't see why they couldn't bring the Story So Far collection (or at least 1.5 and 2.5, since they're PS3 games) to the Switch, but then again, I'm not familiar with the internal schematics and any issues that the differences between the two consoles might cause.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
A Nintendo Direct's been announced for tomorrow; it's 50 minutes long.

Hopefully there's some kind of Kingdom Hearts announcement - I don't see why they couldn't bring the Story So Far collection (or at least 1.5 and 2.5, since they're PS3 games) to the Switch, but then again, I'm not familiar with the internal schematics and any issues that the differences between the two consoles might cause.
Square Enix has been extremely vague about why the KH collections haven't come to Switch. They cite "technical limitations" but no one understands what that means.

Is it an issue of porting the games to ARM from the PS4 x86 version? Is it the cartridge sizes being to small to fit even 1 of the PS3 collections? Is it too weak to have the games run an acceptable performance level by SE? Who knows.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Square Enix has been extremely vague about why the KH collections haven't come to Switch. They cite "technical limitations" but no one understands what that means.

Is it an issue of porting the games to ARM from the PS4 x86 version? Is it the cartridge sizes being to small to fit even 1 of the PS3 collections? Is it too weak to have the games run an acceptable performance level by SE? Who knows.
A part of me thinks is purely because of KH3 that they don't port over the other games, all the other games should be able to run on Switch just fine, they are built for PS2 hardware after all, but 3 is so graphically powerful that they can't do a Switch port of it.

Top Bottom