• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
As a skin mod I like it, but trying to pass it off as a leak makes me cringe
It's like when Min min's mod was just a good skin but using little mac… when I see a mod with a unique moveset, then I will bite lol

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
It's not a mod, the poses are different, It looks to me more like a Photoshop overlays on Shulk.
Edit: Correction it looks like it could be a Cloud Mod, the F-tilt is close enough.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
It's not a mod, the poses are different, It looks to me more like a Photoshop overlays on Shulk.
Edit: Correction it looks like it could be a Cloud Mod, the F-tilt is close enough.
No, it's absolutely Shulk

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
No, it's absolutely Shulk

Yeah, I made a mistake and got Forward Tilt and Down Tilt confused.
In my defence, Cloud does have almost the exact same animation on his forward tilt.

M@R!3

Smash Ace

TriggerX

Smash Ace
What's funny is that's more believable than the screenshots that have been floating around the past couple days.
So I think these are just coincidences, but in addition to those screenshots there was:

-There was a leak about a year back that had mentioned Steve, Sora, and Erdrick from a "disgruntled employee". He did somewhat get Erdrick right, as well as steve. However, I would say that minecraft and erdrick were probably floating around as rumors at the time so it could most likely be piggybacking.

-Sakurai posted a recent screenshot of feet of current dlc characters, with ice climbers and shulk. I'm not one for the whole sakurai pic=hint thing, but if I had to reach the one thing that sticks out about Sora's earlier designs were his shoes/feet, and Shulk just happens to be the same character this recent Sora mod was built on. Personally I just think its a big coincidence, but I do wonder what influences Sakurai at the time for each pic. I doubt the characters are completely random, but the reason they are used may not even pertain to smash.

-4chan "leak" mentions something KH related being announced by the end of the game awards. The leak itself is very safe so it is somewhat believable , but can't say I do.

-Imran Khan has mentioned that Nintendo has approached Disney in regards to Sora before. If we take him at his word, contact was made, but until all the characters have been decided, we obviously won't know how those talks panned out.

Overall what I mentioned is definitely reaching, but in the spirit of speculation it would be nice if there was some truth to all of this.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
So I think these are just coincidences, but in addition to those screenshots there was:

-There was a leak about a year back that had mentioned Steve, Sora, and Erdrick from a "disgruntled employee". He did somewhat get Erdrick right, as well as steve. However, I would say that minecraft and erdrick were probably floating around as rumors at the time so it could most likely be piggybacking.

-Sakurai posted a recent screenshot of feet of current dlc characters, with ice climbers and shulk. I'm not one for the whole sakurai pic=hint thing, but if I had to reach the one thing that sticks out about Sora's earlier designs were his shoes/feet, and Shulk just happens to be the same character this recent Sora mod was built on. Personally I just think its a big coincidence, but I do wonder what influences Sakurai at the time for each pic. I doubt the characters are completely random, but the reason they are used may not even pertain to smash.

-4chan "leak" mentions something KH related being announced by the end of the game awards. The leak itself is very safe so it is somewhat believable , but can't say I do.

-Imran Khan has mentioned that Nintendo has approached Disney in regards to Sora before. If we take him at his word, contact was made, but until all the characters have been decided, we obviously won't know how those talks panned out.

Overall what I mentioned is definitely reaching, but in the spirit of speculation it would be nice if there was some truth to all of this.
Only that feet bit is really reaching.

M@R!3

Smash Ace

That older leak sounds sort of familiar. The thing to do right now would be to see if any of the other announcements in the VGA leak get confirmed. Anything other than the Fortnite content and P5 Scramble since those were already out in the open. If we get info supporting the other announcements are real then it'll be worth serious consideration, but until then it's just another text leak.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Probably fake but a man can dream

I feel the guy who is confused at "Yes it's exactly what you think it is", because with KH, there's just so many possibilities of anything hapening.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Yeah, I made a mistake and got Forward Tilt and Down Tilt confused.
In my defence, Cloud does have almost the exact same animation on his forward tilt.
Technically, the attack shown shouldn't have been a give away. After watching the Papagenos video, I decided to do some digging, and found that Sora does indeed shares that "dash attack" shown in the screenshots. The only thing that kills it is the fact that Sora places the Keyblade on his back in 2 of the pics. A real shame, it would've been a lot of fun defending this.

In order:

- Probably just piggybacking. All 3 of those characters were the talk of the town last year thanks to Vergeben (and others). You'd normally see "leaks similar to that one sharing the same info but then adding that one popular character to differentiate themselves from the people with actual insider info.

- That's wild. While we're on the subject of hypothetical Tweet hints, we should NEVER forget the pokemon tweet where the official twitter account wrote down a few of the lyrics for Simple and Clean. I lose sleep over that, dude...

- I'm glad it exists, but I wouldn't put any stock into that written leak.

- What Imran Khan said was purely hypothetical. Saying Nintendo approached Disney was a fair assumption to make, but it was just an assumption. Nothing more nothing less.

While on the subject of Kingdom Hearts leaks, there's still that one leak that I'm still keeping my eye out for. Nothing has been a hard deconfirm as of right now, with the exception of Fire Emblem... Probably. I say probably because we still got something Fire Emblem, Just not the one on the list. Puts it back into the un-believable territory for me, but I'm still not dropping it yet. whether I drop it or not depends on if we see Bayo 3 at The Game Awards.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I feel the guy who is confused at "Yes it's exactly what you think it is", because with KH, there's just so many possibilities of anything hapening.
If it weren't for Nomura saying the series would be dormant for a while I'd agree. Unless they're talking about ports there's little else the leak could be referring to.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
1607132936762.png

Yeah, no...

Just... no

Probably fake but a man can dream

This is a classic case of "throw a few true things in there to make it sound believable"

-Kratos for Fortnite was seemingly revealed a little too early by accident so they released him now, and Master Chief has been datamined.
-Geoff has talked about wanting to do something similar to the Joker Smash reveal, and that sort of "interrupting the feed"-style reveal would fit for a P5S reveal
-Allegedly, plans for a Monster Hunter Rise trailer during the Game Awards were part of the big Capcom leak

The rest is educated guesses anyone could make
-Scott Pilgrim was given a "holiday" release window so it has to release some time this month
-Ratchet and Clank is one of Playstations marquee IPs and the flagship title they showcased the PS5 with so a follow up/release date trailer happening there isn't too hard of a guess to make
-A new Crash title has been teased over the past month and Crash Suit Guy and Geoff are always appearing with each other so that also isn't a big reach to make

The only truly 'risky' guess here is RWBY... I wouldn't put much stock in this.

Oh, and the fact that P5S is being revealed officially on the 8th and not at the game awards is proof this is fake.

Last edited:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
If it weren't for Nomura saying the series would be dormant for a while I'd agree. Unless they're talking about ports there's little else the leak could be referring to.
Well that could just imply dormant as in their wont be like a major game out. For a few years but not neccessarily involving side related things like collabs. I mean they're currently doing a crossover event with brave exvius right now and that event was announced and launched AFTER he made that statement so clearly they're still marketing the series despite this down time period they're taking. So I wouldn't put too much stock in taking that statement to mean absolutely no KH related things are happening behind the scenes.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well that could just imply dormant as in their wont be like a major game out. For a few years but not neccessarily involving side related things like collabs. I mean they're currently doing a crossover event with brave exvius right now and that event was announced and launched AFTER he made that statement so clearly they're still marketing the series despite this down time period they're taking. So I wouldn't put too much stock in taking that statement to mean absolutely no KH related things are happening behind the scenes.
it wasnt even that long it would be dormant, just a year

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Odd...Chain of Memories on GBA has the same US release anniversary as Smash Ultimate, just about a decade and a half apart.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Odd...Chain of Memories on GBA has the same US release anniversary as Smash Ultimate, just about a decade and a half apart.
Speculators: OMG! This is a Smash hint for the VGA!

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Just further proof that Kingdom Hearts X Smash bros. Was meant to be.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Plus, if Disney's overprotectiveness of their IPs wasn't a thing, Sora would have very little holding him back

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Plus, if Disney's overprotectiveness of their IPs wasn't a thing, Sora would have very little holding him back
Heck, it's not even much of an issue nowadays. I'm still convinced that Disney's open invitation to other devs, to make games for their IPs, was a direct result of talks with Nintendo. I don't have any solid proof of it, but still.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Heck, it's not even much of an issue nowadays. I'm still convinced that Disney's open invitation to other devs, to make games for their IPs, was a direct result of talks with Nintendo. I don't have any solid proof of it, but still.
At least from what I've heard, they still are a bit stingy and can charge some ludicrous prices for permission to use their IPs.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
At least from what I've heard, they still are a bit stingy and can charge some ludicrous prices for permission to use their IPs.
I don't doubt it, but I'd still like a source on that. It'd be interesting to see first hand accounts from people who've worked directly with Disney to get a better idea of how negotiations would go with them.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I don't doubt it, but I'd still like a source on that. It'd be interesting to see first hand accounts from people who've worked directly with Disney to get a better idea of how negotiations would go with them.
It's more what I've heard in general rather than just one source.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

TraaP

Smash Cadet
If Disney were as overprotective of their IPs a people like to imply, Kingdom Hearts wouldn't exist
Also, it’s worth mentioning that Disney has given Square Enix more use of their franchises, shown by the inclusion of Circle of Life, A Whole New World, Beauty & the Beast, Let It Go & Part of Your World in Melody of Memory.

Top Bottom