• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't know how the Geno thread still keeps going at multiple thousands of pages but Sora, one of the most other popular requests only has 70 pages of discussion.
as far as i can tell it cause sakurai once said he was cool and thats all

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I don't know how the Geno thread still keeps going at multiple thousands of pages but Sora, one of the most other popular requests only has 70 pages of discussion.
Well the Geno thread seem to be on a repeated loop every time I go in there. I'm an Geno supporter but Jesus Christ the conversation is always the same thing in that thread with them always saying Geno is the next character when clearly he's not but move him on to the next slot for him. Even the Cacomallow leak is always brought up to no end. It gets tiring seeing the same thing...

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
It sucks that I support both Geno AND Sora, when most Geno supporters hate the absolute hell out of Sora.

The rivalry is thankfully not nearly as bad as Steve VS Banjo since both picks are seen as equally "impossible" wheras Steve was the "obvious" choice and Banjo was the underdog at the time. I hang out in Genocord and talking about Sora is a nightmare, if it's not the same circular loop of arguments over why he can't join its people getting really mean and petty about it.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
It sucks that I support both Geno AND Sora, when most Geno supporters hate the absolute hell out of Sora.

The rivalry is thankfully not nearly as bad as Steve VS Banjo since both picks are seen as equally "impossible" wheras Steve was the "obvious" choice and Banjo was the underdog at the time. I hang out in Genocord and talking about Sora is a nightmare, if it's not the same circular loop of arguments over why he can't join its people getting really mean and petty about it.
Yeah, I can't stand people who only want there character to be in the game but will hate and wish upon for another character to never make it in. I just can't stand with that kind of mindset.

Edit: I just simply want both Sora & Geno to make it in without any bloodshed.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace

I always saw Waluigi more as Geno's competition than Sora given both him and Geno are Mario characters.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

well it took them five years to get Steve in and b&k took one year during that time so who won?

Papa Pope

Smash Cadet

As someone who often peeks at the Geno thread (mainly because I like hearing Fatman and his speculation), I second this, though I’d be lying if I said I didn’t understand it, or even think it to some degree. Sora is my MW (naturally), so my relationship with Geno is complicated. On one hand, I really don’t want him in because that probably means GG for Sora, on top of everything else. Yet, I would say I want Geno purely for the fact that his fans have waited so long for him to get in and I can’t help but admire their dedication. SMRPG was before my time, but I can still want it for the fans who’ve waited so long, some since Melee, to get him in. So yeah, while I understand character rivalries, I wish they weren’t so toxic and often mean spirited. And hopefully, we get the Banjo/Steve style ending before DLC ends, one can dream right.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Hyrule Hearts Fantasy.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Okay! Okay. There's this "Leak". And a 4-chan one at that. It was brought to my attention on Twitter. I'm not saying I'm 100% on board with calling it real, but I AM leaning in the camp of thinking it's real. Outside of a few minor discrepancies, Nintendo's been checking off this list in no particular order. I'm posting the video that covers this "leak" here solely due to that fact. There are some really sketchy bits here that I can't ignore, but I think this is honestly something we should keep our eyes on:

Last edited:

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Okay! Okay. There's this "Leak". And a 4-chan one at that. It was brought to my attention on Twitter. I'm not saying I'm 100% on board with calling it real, but I AM leaning in the camp of thinking it's real. Outside of a few minor discrepancies, Nintendo's been checking off this list in no particular order. I'm posting the video that covers this "leak" here solely due to that fact. There are some really sketchy bits here that I can't ignore, but I think this is honestly something we should keep our eyes on:
It has already gotten multiple things wrong (Paper Mario is FP7, BF2 would be out in September, 3D World would be in the Mario 35th Anniversary collection) and pretty much nothing right (the only thing I can see is the existence of Pikmin 3 Deluxe, not a very out there guess), I wouldn't pay it any mind at all.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
It has already gotten multiple things wrong (Paper Mario is FP7, BF2 would be out in September, 3D World would be in the Mario 35th Anniversary collection) and pretty much nothing right (the only thing I can see is the existence of Pikmin 3 Deluxe, not a very out there guess), I wouldn't pay it any mind at all.
They never say that Paper Mario is FP7, just that Paper Mario is in Smash, Which wasn't entirely wrong. While it is true that Super Mario 3D world isn't a part of the collection, it's still getting a deluxe release on the Switch. I'd still consider it a check off the list, but this still falls under the "sketchy" category I was talking about. Any delay on game releases is something I don't count for dismissal, solely due to the fact that the pandemic can still affect the development of games.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Ignoring everything else about that post, just the stuff regarding Sora having the appearances of KH3, KH2, KH1, and DDD is sketchy. Sora is shorter in KH and DDD than he is in 2 and 3. Height differences have been enough to make separate characters from alts before, as seen with Lucina. So unless by alts this person means color palettes I can't see this being real.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Ignoring everything else about that post, just the stuff regarding Sora having the appearances of KH3, KH2, KH1, and DDD is sketchy. Sora is shorter in KH and DDD than he is in 2 and 3. Height differences have been enough to make separate characters from alts before, as seen with Lucina. So unless by alts this person means color palettes I can't see this being real.
i can see them adjusting height to make them fit

M@R!3

Smash Ace
i can see them adjusting height to make them fit
Why go through the trouble when Sora's clothes already lend themselves well to referencing his prior iterations with color palettes, and already do so officially within some of the games? I can absolutely see KH2/3 or KH/DDD, but not both. Doing both would require a redesign of KH/DDD.

Just look at the difference in height. Making it fit would screw with proportions way too much.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
idk, id consider that a good thing.

I'm honestly really confused about why the Geno thread hates sora so much. Why would they be so scared of him if, from their point of view, he's owned by Disney and not able to be in Smash. Only reason why they be so against him would be if they secretly believe he's owned Square Enix and has a shot.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Why go through the trouble when Sora's clothes already lend themselves well to referencing his prior iterations with color palettes, and already do so officially within some of the games? I can absolutely see KH2/3 or KH/DDD, but not both. Doing both would require a redesign of KH/DDD.

Just look at the difference in height. Making it fit would screw with proportions way too much.

you could ask though why give anyone the alternative costumes and the answer would probably always be fan service. and creating a bit of height discrepancy between sora's ages is hardly gonna be that unusual for smash given that bowser shifts sizes between gameplay and results screen. they also created models for steve even though a simple texture swap would have done. leaks are always full of holes but thats not much of a hole given that weve had several similar thngs happen already

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
you could ask though why give anyone the alternative costumes and the answer would probably always be fan service. and creating a bit of height discrepancy between sora's ages is hardly gonna be that unusual for smash given that bowser shifts sizes between gameplay and results screen.
Difference is, Sora's height change was because of aging. Bowser's size was never 100% consistent throughout the years.

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace

I'd expect that, but there's also always the option of them doing what they did with the limit form in KH2.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
idk, id consider that a good thing.

I'm honestly really confused about why the Geno thread hates sora so much. Why would they be so scared of him if, from their point of view, he's owned by Disney and not able to be in Smash. Only reason why they be so against him would be if they secretly believe he's owned Square Enix and has a shot.
There's this random guy on Resetera that apparently "deconfirmed Sora" and even though every one of his other claims was completely wrong the Geno thread treated him as gospel

They HATE Sora so much they'll look for any excuse to get rid of him

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
There's this random guy on Resetera that apparently "deconfirmed Sora" and even though every one of his other claims was completely wrong the Geno thread treated him as gospel

They HATE Sora so much they'll look for any excuse to get rid of him
Huh? I know what your referring to, but the Geno thread didn’t treat what that guy said as gospel. To me at least, it seemed to be more mixed at worse, with other frequent users pointing out that guys incorrect info. And like you said, what that guy was saying about Sora wasn’t some massive revelation, and was something most people can come to the conclusion of.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Difference is, Sora's height change was because of aging. Bowser's size was never 100% consistent throughout the years.
barely anyone in smash is the right size, olimar and kirby should be tiny, charizard should be shorter than all the adults. sora's different ages being the same size would be far from the big inconsistency in smash

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
barely anyone in smash is the right size, olimar and kirby should be tiny, charizard should be shorter than all the adults. sora's different ages being the same size would be far from the big inconsistency in smash
That’s just their sizes in general. You basically think it’s no big deal to change KH1 Sora’s height for the sake of fitting his outfit.

Powerman293

Smash Ace

I assume if Sora did get in with different outfits, his actual face/hair would be a mix of 2 and 3 while using as many outfits that fit the 2/3 design as possible (Including Limit form).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That’s just their sizes in general. You basically think it’s no big deal to change KH1 Sora’s height for the sake of fitting his outfit.
no i think that smash is full discrepancies and getting wound up by little details is pointless and i can believe sakurai would do it cause hes not as much as a stickler for such things as people paint him

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Huh? I know what your referring to, but the Geno thread didn’t treat what that guy said as gospel. To me at least, it seemed to be more mixed at worse, with other frequent users pointing out that guys incorrect info. And like you said, what that guy was saying about Sora wasn’t some massive revelation, and was something most people can come to the conclusion of.
ive seen many people there go "Now that Sora is gone, that means geno is in" in some way

Powerman293

Smash Ace
It always frustrates me we get the bare minimum effort when it comes to DLC character Spirits getting added. Maybe like 10 of them get added? I hope Sora is like Terry and Sakurai just throws the kitchen sink at us and includes a ton of spirit fights given how many KH Original characters there are.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
It always frustrates me we get the bare minimum effort when it comes to DLC character Spirits getting added. Maybe like 10 of them get added? I hope Sora is like Terry and Sakurai just throws the kitchen sink at us and includes a ton of spirit fights given how many KH Original characters there are.
PREACH. This is what bummed me out ESPECIALLY about the ARMS Spirit Board; it could totally have included Lola Pop, Misango, Springtron, Dr. Coyle, Hedlok and Biff!

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Figured I would post this since some of you might enjoy messing around with it, and nobody here had mentioned it yet.

Recently a new tech called item canceling was found in KH3. By canceling a combo with an item and then switching keyblades you bypass the lag that normally occurs when switching keys mid combo. This greatly increases combo possibilities, and results in some pretty stylish gameplay.

Top Bottom