• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Apparently Nomura considered Switch ports of older games, but thought they’d be technologically difficult.

You know, despite the less powerful PS3 being able to run them just fine.
This is somehow both surprising, yet expected. Both the PS3 and PS4 ports ran into a large number of problems due to a combination of hardware difficulties and Square's own incompetence, despite being a bunch of PS2 and handheld titles.

Examples include:
Having to rip the original assets of KH from a retail copy because they lost the originals.
New and old bugs/crashes being present in the PS3 versions.
Sound problems.
The PS4 versions of KH/KH2 being completely borked thanks to doubling the frame rate to 60 fps.
-(Problems that the KH community was aware would be an issue years before the ports released thanks to modding and emulation)
The MONTHS LONG wait for a patch, which broke as much as it fixed.
The final gameplay altering patch not quite hitting everything.

The real answer here is they don't want to put in the effort.

This shouldn't hurt Sora's chances, but at the same time, this sort of treatment makes it hard to keep a positive outlook.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
The official Pokemon Twitter account just posted lyrics to Simple & Clean
In my mind I already know that the pokemon Twitter account is most likely run by someone or people who don't have insider information. I also know that Sakurai makes these posts for fun and thus can't be taken seriously in speculation.
Oh yeah, and Sakurai also posted this on Tuesday:
Between this and the Poke-****post, I'm starting think the planets might be aligning in our favor.
But in my heart, Sora's already confirmed as one of the DLC characters for Ultimate.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Between this and the Poke-****post, I'm starting think the planets might be aligning in our favor.
I thought this was a more of a reference to when Cloud fell into the Lifestream. Y'know, that one Tropical Island he was sitting on for part of the game.

Just me then?

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Remember all the pre-release smash leaks saying that Sora would be playable ? There were a ton of these at one point.
It's funny, whenever a leak like that popped up, you could be 100% sure that'd be fake.

Makes the character seem that much more unattainable, i'm not losing hope though, anything can happen.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Sakurai's often-goofy pics of the day aren't hints that characters are coming to Smash. (or at least it's incredibly unlikely that they're hints) Remember when people thought that a screenshot of a Rathalos landing in front of a bunch of swordsmen was a hint towards Isaac from Golden Sun coming to Smash because it looked like a screenshot from that game's battle screen?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Sakurai's often-goofy pics of the day aren't hints that characters are coming to Smash. (or at least it's incredibly unlikely that they're hints) Remember when people thought that a screenshot of a Rathalos landing in front of a bunch of swordsmen was a hint towards Isaac from Golden Sun coming to Smash because it looked like a screenshot from that game's battle screen?
even when sakurai says something is not a thing fans dont listen

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Apparently MoM was made in...Unity, of all things.

Which I suppose confirms that the Kingdom Shader scenes were pre-rendered.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Both Sora and Crash are trending, characters I really want. Man, I want to believe but I got a bad feeling we’re gonna see a certain puppet (not Xion) tomorrow.
I don’t really know what to expect at this point, besides Rex no one seems likely to me. Either way I should create my Sora/Arle summoning ritual for luck.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
If Donald and Goofy don’t physically show up, this is how I imagine a Duck Hunt Ruskin of them would look (minus the shield, staff and hats).

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Apparently Nomura considered Switch ports of older games, but thought they’d be technologically difficult.

You know, despite the less powerful PS3 being able to run them just fine.
Game developers can't make video game. More at 11.

I was surprised to see Sora trending TBH.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If Donald and Goofy don’t physically show up, this is how I imagine a Duck Hunt Ruskin of them would look (minus the shield, staff and hats).
love it

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
I can't tell if "Sora" is trending on twitter because of Sakurai's twitter handle, or because of people discussing wanting Sora the KH character to be in the game. Ahhhh, name sharing is so confusing sometimes.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I can't tell if "Sora" is trending on twitter because of Sakurai's twitter handle, or because of people discussing wanting Sora the KH character to be in the game. Ahhhh, name sharing is so confusing sometimes.
everything i saw was about people wanting sora in smash so both in a way

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
I've never been more entertained for a character I'm not hyped for. This is honestly a great experience! What a fun day.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Alright boys and girls be honest here. Who else was dying of laughter after Steve's announcement? I know it couldn't just been me right? I mean if you aren't personally hyped for his inclusion you can at least respect Sakurai's god like troll game. Ffs he literally made Steve do the Minecraft tbag during the trailer. If that didn't make you laugh at least a little I don't know what else to tell you other then to chill out and eat a snickers. You're not you without your snickers.

On a real note though we can all agree that he at least deserves his inclusion right? I mean Minecraft is a MASSIVE game even if you're someone who doesn't like Minecraft like I am. You can at least acknowledge it's place as an iconic game right?

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Hmmmm... Assuming that this is real insider info, why was his source so addiment about keeping a deconfirmation under wraps? Is it common for deconfirmation to get people in trouble?
I've no idea. It could be a Disney thing, but if this is the same conversation that Imran Khan supposedly heard about then there would be no reason to stay quiet.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
So MondoMega is claiming not to know anything else. Other users who seem to know where the info came from are Intelliheath and Mekanos.

Research is not my forte, and doing it quickly even less so. I don't think I'll be able to find much else. If anyone else has heard or seen these names in some insider circles I'd appreciate any info on their sources, claims, and track records.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
I've no idea. It could be a Disney thing, but if this is the same conversation that Imran Khan supposedly heard about then there would be no reason to stay quiet.
I doubt Imran Khan heard anything. Everything leading up to that comment made me certain of that. With that being said, it still wouldn't be the first time that Sora was outright deconfirmed (y'know, the 7 Square Enix reps leak). If a deconfirmation is still being hushed up, then it's either talks are still on going, or Sora's a spirit/Mii costume.

So MondoMega is claiming not to know anything else. Other users who seem to know where the info came from are Intelliheath and Mekanos.

Research is not my forte, and doing it quickly even less so. I don't think I'll be able to find much else. If anyone else has heard or seen these names in some insider circles I'd appreciate any info on their sources, claims, and track records.
Pretty sure PapaGenos is gonna let us know, but I guess I can try and dig up some info.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Alright boys and girls be honest here. Who else was dying of laughter after Steve's announcement? I know it couldn't just been me right? I mean if you aren't personally hyped for his inclusion you can at least respect Sakurai's god like troll game. Ffs he literally made Steve do the Minecraft tbag during the trailer. If that didn't make you laugh at least a little I don't know what else to tell you other then to chill out and eat a snickers. You're not you without your snickers.

On a real note though we can all agree that he at least deserves his inclusion right? I mean Minecraft is a MASSIVE game even if you're someone who doesn't like Minecraft like I am. You can at least acknowledge it's place as an iconic game right?
what was troll about it?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

They are just normal speculators as far as I've always been aware.

You could try tagging them MondoMega MondoMega IntelliHeath1 IntelliHeath1

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
They are just normal speculators as far as I've always been aware.

You could try tagging them MondoMega MondoMega IntelliHeath1 IntelliHeath1
Let's not bother them over this, but you hit it right on the head. Mondo is constantly in discussions about Nintendo related stuff, and will often report on leaks and the like for anything Nintendo related. I don't know how often they post leaks (thanks, in no small part, to RE's annoying registration system), but they don't seem to be a frequent leaker, to say the least. If they're claiming that they heard Sora isn't a character in Smash, then I'll believe they're saying that sincerely. With that being said, we're still missing some pretty important context and it's driving me nuts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom