• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm going to jump back into the Kingdom Hearts series - would it be best for me to play them in release order? (I don't have a system that can play KH3, but I have every other game aside from that and the mobile game that's apparently crucial to the plot in some form)

I've beaten Kingdom Hearts 1 and Chain of Memories (not sure if the PS3 version adds anything new compared to the GBA version, but I doubt it, and I really don't want to go through the Larxene and Riku boss rush again), and I've watched the cutscenes for 358/2 Days and Re:Coded. I assume I should go KH2 --> Birth By Sleep --> Dream Drop Distance; is that right?
seems like the ideal order to me

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'm going to jump back into the Kingdom Hearts series - would it be best for me to play them in release order? (I don't have a system that can play KH3, but I have every other game aside from that and the mobile game that's apparently crucial to the plot in some form)

I've beaten Kingdom Hearts 1 and Chain of Memories (not sure if the PS3 version adds anything new compared to the GBA version, but I doubt it, and I really don't want to go through the Larxene and Riku boss rush again), and I've watched the cutscenes for 358/2 Days and Re:Coded. I assume I should go KH2 --> Birth By Sleep --> Dream Drop Distance; is that right?
I played them in release order to experience it the same way as everyone else did, finding out the answers to certain questions in the same order and such. I really didn't have any issue understanding the story in my first try! It was also really fun. I think only skipped the 3D version of Chain of Memories because I already have played the gba version and I remembered the events of it lol.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I played through a few of the Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts 2. (Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, and part of Hercules) I'm hoping that Auron being in the underworld, and being treated as the ultimate bad guy by Hades, isn't a huge Final Fantasy 10 spoiler - I still haven't played that game yet. (I have it on Switch, but I wanted to play Final Fantasy 9 first)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Melody of Memory was something I wanted to see last partner showcase so I was instantly happy seeing it this time.

Cool to see Roxas is also playable in it.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I played through a few of the Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts 2. (Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, and part of Hercules) I'm hoping that Auron being in the underworld, and being treated as the ultimate bad guy by Hades, isn't a huge Final Fantasy 10 spoiler - I still haven't played that game yet. (I have it on Switch, but I wanted to play Final Fantasy 9 first)
There are hints at FFX spoilers, but that isn't one of them.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Oh, also:
The translation in the tweet is a bit more jokey (the original one was "people who dislike/are bad at rhythm games"), but yeah. Nomura's basically dissed people who get anal about KH having a rhythm game.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I was a bit undecided on the game based on initial trailers and whatnot, but that trailer does make it seem pretty fun. I'll definitely check it out.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I love rhythm games and have played all of the Kingdom Hearts games (even that cash grab mobile game) and like the series in general, so I planned on at least trying it out. My main concern, and still is, is that it looks like it could be overly simplified, but some of the clips in that video made me reconsider. But yeah, since I like the genre and series, I plan on giving it a go!

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
inb4 Xemnas battle is the equivalent of Taikos oni difficulty
I hope there's an equivalent of Oni difficulty. At least up to 8* Oni, hah. I can't really beat 9+ for the most part on Oni in Taiko, and some of the 8s are a bit tricky for me too. I guess I'm just hoping that there are challenging options for those that do like challenges. I do think it's great there are easier modes though as I understand that not all Kingdom Hearts fans will like music games.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I justy had a thought. If Simple and Clean is in the game, Im sure Sancuary is also, I ****ing love Sancuary:250:
I love Sanctuary too! I imagine if Utada Hikaru music is in, it probably all will be? Are there that many licensing issues outside of her? There hasn't been any kind of track listing leaked or announced anywhere yet, right?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I love Sanctuary too! I imagine if Utada Hikaru music is in, it probably all will be? Are there that many licensing issues outside of her? There hasn't been any kind of track listing leaked or announced anywhere yet, right?
yo Speaking of Utada, we heard the games Dearly Beloved, what is Utadas op song gonna sound like. I bet its gonna sound so good

and nah" I dont think a track list was shown yet. Maybe SE would do it like BN does with the Taiko games

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Melody of Memory is getting a special show for TGS.

KH games often get new trailers at these and there's a few things promised to be shared here.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Melody of Memory is getting a special show for TGS.

KH games often get new trailers at these and there's a few things promised to be shared here.
We just got the final trailer for MoM, but perhaps we'll get one of the two remaining announcements.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Apparently Nomura considered Switch ports of older games, but thought they’d be technologically difficult.

You know, despite the less powerful PS3 being able to run them just fine.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Last edited:
Top Bottom