• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

M@R!3

Smash Ace
did they say 2020 or just this year?

It says 2020, but they could just be referring to when "Phase 2" started with Remind. My guess is we'll get some announcements on what the two unrevealed projects are, but it's looking pretty unlikely they'll release in 2020. Especially if MoM is coming out in November.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

It says 2020, but they could just be referring to when "Phase 2" started with Remind. My guess is we'll get some announcements on what the two unrevealed projects are, but it's looking pretty unlikely they'll release in 2020. Especially if MoM is coming out in November.
looks like it

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Kingdom Hearts 3 is in my top 5 games of all time so of course I support Sora so here is a commemorative Spirit Board

Light DDD spoilers

Roxas isn't here because in an Ideal world Sora would have Roxas as a costume (Maybe Xion too)

Riku and Kairi would evolve into

I should have probably added Vanitas but I wanted to keep the board relatively simple just replace Xion with Vanitas and increase her rank and make Xion a costume for Sora

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Kingdom Hearts 3 is in my top 5 games of all time so of course I support Sora so here is a commemorative Spirit Board

Light DDD spoilers

Roxas isn't here because in an Ideal world Sora would have Roxas as a costume (Maybe Xion too)

I should have probably added Vanitas but I wanted to keep the board relatively simple just replace Xion with Vanitas and increase her rank and make Xion a costume for Sora
xehanorts would more likely be called orginazation

Papa Pope

Smash Cadet

Light DDD spoilers

Honestly, Sora with Roxas and Xion as alts would be the ultimate dream scenario. I picture Sora having his KH1,2 and 3 outfits, as well as Anti-Form. Roxas and Xion would each have their Organization XIII coats and their regular/post KH3 outfits.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608

Light DDD spoilers

If there is one small change I would make is that the shadow spirit battle should have multiple shadow Kirbys

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Sakurai asking us to watch this regarding Yoko music in gaming it seems. It obviously means nothing, just kinda random he is asking us to watch it himself lol. Then again, gotta love Yoko's music haha…

even Sakurai knows Yokos music is the GOAT

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Of course I'm hyped for Melody of Memory, but I think what was interesting about this partner showcase, was that was pretty focused on Square Enix. Did anyone else peep that? 👀
Another Partner Showcase, and Melody of Memory was the first thing they showed.

That was worth it for KH alone.
Of course I'm hyped for Melody of Memory, but I think what was interesting about this partner showcase, was that was pretty focused on Square Enix. Did anyone else peep that? 👀
Can someone please delete this post, I meant to quote it with another post?! Mods or admins, please?!

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Not really? Melody of Memories and The Saga collections were the only 2 things from SE, Bandai Namco technicaly got just as much if you count the short trailer for Jump Force DX alongside the Taiko Drum Drum collection. Sega and Ubisoft also both a game hightlighted in it. It was pretty balancedif anything.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
plus that video confirmed the encounter
Of course! It's not KH without the Encounter.

BTW, Nomura teased that the next and final trailer is coming out within a COUPLE DAYS.
I know it's unlikely, but imagine a KH Direct that this and:

-1.5+2.5 for Switch
-Sora as CP7
-A small teaser for the next KH game

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Of course! It's not KH without the Encounter.

BTW, Nomura teased that the next and final trailer is coming out within a COUPLE DAYS.
I know it's unlikely, but imagine a KH Direct that this and:

-1.5+2.5 for Switch
-Sora as CP7
-A small teaser for the next KH game
That would be so great, I think that I would even faint from the excitement a KH direct like this would give me.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
This is some awesome KH news today. I still hope that maybe we can still get KH 1.5 & 2.5 on the Switch, I mean it just wouldn't feel right if the Switch just gets KH: MoM and not the mainline titles.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
This is some awesome KH news today. I still hope that maybe we can still get KH 1.5 & 2.5 on the Switch, I mean it just wouldn't feel right if the Switch just gets KH: MoM and not the mainline titles.
Since the final MoM trailer is on the horizon hopefully we'll see more info on what's coming next for KH phase 2. My instincts say Switch ports are likely, but they also say M̵̭̣̦̩̐͑͗̔̒̆́͠͠͠ ̴̢̜͔̳̠̪͎͚͖͕̻̙͔͚̰̍̀̋̓͋̀͒́̕͝͠Ő̷̢͍̱̪̘̞̟̺̦ͅ ̵̞̻̪̟̜͑͒͛̌͒͂͒̊͒̈́̅́͆̈́͝B̸̬̱̳̤̘̺̠͇̱̤͆̈̀́̃̾̈̾̈̓̈́͒̍̃͝ ̴͚̈́̂̒͆́̃͂I̶̖̱͖̅͑̈́̊̒̾̂͐̃͝͠ͅ ̴̭̞͔̀̓͛̈́͒̊͗̌̐̂͠Ļ̵̼̫̹̣̝̜̞̰̫͉̘̤̩͂̆́̏́̈́̏̒̏̏̏͊̅́ ̵̰͍̯̞̥͖̠̯̗͎͙̣̋̾͐E̶̛̳̿̃͆͒̍̕ ̷̡̗̜̣̠̱̗̳̮͓̽͗̈́͘͜͠ͅG̸̻̮̣̠̥̤̱̘͋̅͒ ̷̡̢͉͓̺̜̙̳̹̝̙̌̊͋̊̔͆̉͠͝A̵̡̟̼̻͚̪̅͗ ̴͚͓̠̟̙̫̫̼̬̫͈͉́͐̆̏͗͊̄̓̈́̕̕͘M̶̧̞͉̜͉̖̱͈͔͙̺̃̈̅ ̴͕̼̟̲͉̬͎̼̦̼̤̟̆̃̄̿̀̊̈͒̂̿͛͝ͅE̴̡̢͖͎̟̦̣̩̫̜̘̟͑̇̒̅̈́̈́̀͜ͅ ̷̻̣̭̺̪͎̗̙̀͂̀̎́̍̿͋͋͘͜͝S̸̰̹͙͂̀̔ͅ.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to jump back into the Kingdom Hearts series - would it be best for me to play them in release order? (I don't have a system that can play KH3, but I have every other game aside from that and the mobile game that's apparently crucial to the plot in some form)

I've beaten Kingdom Hearts 1 and Chain of Memories (not sure if the PS3 version adds anything new compared to the GBA version, but I doubt it, and I really don't want to go through the Larxene and Riku boss rush again), and I've watched the cutscenes for 358/2 Days and Re:Coded. I assume I should go KH2 --> Birth By Sleep --> Dream Drop Distance; is that right?

TriggerX

Smash Ace
I'm going to jump back into the Kingdom Hearts series - would it be best for me to play them in release order? (I don't have a system that can play KH3, but I have every other game aside from that and the mobile game that's apparently crucial to the plot in some form)

I've beaten Kingdom Hearts 1 and Chain of Memories (not sure if the PS3 version adds anything new compared to the GBA version, but I doubt it, and I really don't want to go through the Larxene and Riku boss rush again), and I've watched the cutscenes for 358/2 Days and Re:Coded. I assume I should go KH2 --> Birth By Sleep --> Dream Drop Distance; is that right?
Yea that sounds about right. Kh2 in my opinion is the best in the series so far. While the others aren’t bad by comparison, I just expect sequels to improve every feature of the previous games.

M@R!3

Smash Ace

Looks good to me. Re:CoM is more or less the same as the original with some minor changes to how a few scenes play out. So if you've played it on GBA you're good to move on to KH2.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Looks good to me.
After you're done with those three games, if you do eventually get a PS4 or Xbox One if you plan on playing KH3, there's also the 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue collections which includes some side stories and basically acts as a prelude to KH3, but make sure you play KH2, BBS, and DDD first. Although the 2.8 Final Chapter collection also includes an HD version of DDD, so you can also choose to play that on console as well (I assume you already own the 3DS version, so it really just comes down to your preferences and situation in terms of your consoles), but in anycase you can just play KH2 and BBS first before worrying about that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom