• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
In the past fewdays/week he went from a normal sized black hole to a Supermassive one that entire galaxies orbit around.
How is that any different than what I said? I said since when has he not been a black hole of attention. Not if it was more recently. Saying it's more now just proves my point.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
So, if Sora was in and needs to be made as base a by from somebody in the game, who do you guys think would be used as his base? I think guys like Link, Cloud, Hero, and even Shulk would be used as bases for him.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
So, this is a question I ask myself every once in awhile, but in the next true KH game, what new Disney worlds would you like to see? My answers change pretty frequently, but some of the ones that still remain to this day are Pocahontas, Robin Hood, The Princess and the Frog, and Coco.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
So, this is a question I ask myself every once in awhile, but in the next true KH game, what new Disney worlds would you like to see? My answers change pretty frequently, but some of the ones that still remain to this day are Pocahontas, Robin Hood, The Princess and the Frog, and Coco.
Definitely:

-Princess and the Frog
-Moana
-Coco
-Atlantis: The Lost Empire
-The Emperor's New Groove
-Aladdin and the King of Thieves (mainly so I never have to think about Agrabah again)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Princess and the frog
Coco
Pocahontas
Sword in the stone
Brave
Up
Moana
Onward
Wall-e
The black cauldron
Gravity falls
Dark wing duck
The incredibles
The rescuers
The great mouse detective

for a start

M@R!3

Smash Ace
So I just had youtube recommend this to me. Not exactly new territory for KH crossovers, but probably worth noting since it's a more recent example.
The sprite work is very nice.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
No love for Dinosaur or Brother Bear?

Also maybe given Disney owns the rights to Fox now perhaps Ice Age? Probably be the only worthy thing to come out of the series at this point.

Also if marvel is on the table maybe Guardians of the Galaxy?

Oh man imagine a world of the MCU eventually leading to Thanos and Infinity War/Endgame.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
So I just had youtube recommend this to me. Not exactly new territory for KH crossovers, but probably worth noting since it's a more recent example.
The sprite work is very nice.
Oh yeah, that game got crossovers with a bunch of other franchises (including a looot of Square franchises), including every mainline Final Fantasy game (as well as a few spinoffs), Dragon Quest (both the original game and XI specifically), All three mainline Mana games, Romancing SaGa and Imperiol SaGa, Star Ocean, Xenogears, Valkyrie Profile, King's Knight, Octopath Traveller, Bravely Default, NieR: Automata, Just Cause, Brave Frontier, Tomb Raider, and Deus Ex.

It uh, also crossed over with Fullmetal Alchemist, Monster Hunter, SINoALICE, and for some reason, real life singers Arianna Grande and Katy Perry.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, that game got crossovers with a bunch of other franchises (including a looot of Square franchises), including every mainline Final Fantasy game (as well as a few spinoffs), Dragon Quest (both the original game and XI specifically), All three mainline Mana games, Romancing SaGa and Imperiol SaGa, Star Ocean, Xenogears, Valkyrie Profile, King's Knight, Octopath Traveller, Bravely Default, NieR: Automata, Just Cause, Brave Frontier, Tomb Raider, and Deus Ex.

It uh, also crossed over with Fullmetal Alchemist, Monster Hunter, SINoALICE, and for some reason, real life singers Arianna Grande and Katy Perry.
Fullmetal Alchemist, Monster Hunter, and SINoALICE all make enough sense. I've got nothing for Arianna Grande and Katy Perry though, but hey, since apparently we're having crossovers with real people, how about Utada Hikaru?

TangyKeys

Smash Cadet

I'm surprised that this game doesn't have a Gex crossover.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, S-E's Twitter accounts have merged, recently. Not sure how that'll work on the Japanese side of things, but it's certainly them being serious about simultaneous worldwide announcements.

Princess and the Frog. Also, Cars, mainly because I think it'd be hilarious to see the cast as cars.

I'm surprised that this game doesn't have a Gex crossover.
Gex doesn't get anything nowadays. Nor does Legacy of Kain, for that matter...

No love for Dinosaur or Brother Bear?

Also maybe given Disney owns the rights to Fox now perhaps Ice Age? Probably be the only worthy thing to come out of the series at this point.

Also if marvel is on the table maybe Guardians of the Galaxy?

Oh man imagine a world of the MCU eventually leading to Thanos and Infinity War/Endgame.
Certainly more doable than Star Wars. Only one question though: would Robert Downey Junior be willing to reprise Tony Stark?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, the only issue here is if the voice actor for a character ends up dead. This is mainly why we most likely won't see the Hunchback of Notre Dame or animated!Mulan worlds again any time soon: Tony Jay and Soon-Tek Oh had recorded for their respective characters shortly before passing away.

Granted, soundalikes are occasionally possible, like for Tron's antagonists in Kingdom Hearts II.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, the only issue here is if the voice actor for a character ends up dead. This is mainly why we most likely won't see the Hunchback of Notre Dame or animated!Mulan worlds again any time soon: Tony Jay and Soon-Tek Oh had recorded for their respective characters shortly before passing away.

Granted, soundalikes are occasionally possible, like for Tron's antagonists in Kingdom Hearts II.
tony jay passed away long before dream drop distance

and its not the only issue, there's also actor fees and whether or not the actor wants to do it

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Inside out
Any MCU Avenger movie, I don't care WHERE we start.
The sword in the stone
And I'd like a Disney animated T.V series, preferably Kim Possible or the house of mouse.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Princess and the Frog, Moana, and Coco are all musts. Would love to see the MCU somehow. I also wonder if they wouldn't do Frozen 2

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
For me it's definitely
Treasure Planet
Moana
Zootopia
Princess And The Frog
Coco
And Emperor's New Groove

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I know it never really was that popular, but I've always loved Bolt. I think really only the characters are memorable though, so maybe they're better suited as partners or allies.

Full worlds? Moana for sure and a full Wreck It Ralph video game world gets my vote.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Treasure planet and zootopia are the only ones of big interest for me

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Spirited Away- Every KH needs a world that no one would really see coming. Seems like Disney owns this to some extent and it’s overall theme of bonds/ remembering would tie in to Kh .

Wreck It Ralph- It’s popular enough, plus I’d like to see console exclusive cameos or summons for each console. Xbox=Master Chief, Nintendo=Mario character, Sony=Ratchet and Clank

Jungle Book= New Tarzan replacement.

Star Wars= Kind of a good pirates replacement in the sense that we’d be mixing live action with animated characters. This could basically provide a futuristic backdrop that stitch’s space ship and Tron once provided.

Pocahontas- I just want to see them introduce a new set of princesses at this point. Pocahontas has some iconic scenes and if done right they could really make the art style pop.

Atlantis- I love the water themed levels, but I personally feel like both little mermaid and Pirates have overstayed their welcome. I believe this world would be a good switch up or replacement for a similar theme.

Princess and the Frog- Had to add this Cuz I feel like my list doesn’t have enough city settings. This world would have a good variety of settings, similar to Tangled on KH3.

Aladdin- I’m not quite done with Aladdin, I’d like to see them move on to the 1000 thieves plot line and introduce his father.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
https://movies.disney.com/spirited-away

They own it to some extent. Whether or not they can use it for KH is up in the air since there is no telling whether or not they can use that property outside of movie releases as well.
They definitely don't own it in any capacity, though Disney has provided the English dubbing teams and have somewhat exclusive home / theatrical distribution rights to it. Similar to how like Netflix has rights to Seven Deadly Sins anime, etc, things like that.

So yeah, Disney is associated with distribution of some of the Studio Ghibli films, but even that now isn't the case as GKids bought the rights I believe ~5ish years ago. I love Studio Ghibli and actually own every single movie they've ever released internationally on BluRay, but can confidently say there is very little chance of any Ghibli film ever showing up in a Kingdom Hearts unfortunately.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Yea I looked more into it. Sounds like Netflix has picked up some of those rights that Disney has since sold. What a shame.
I’m surprised, other than that I guess there are no anime titles that are associated with Disney anymore.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
remember normua has said that even some disney owned property has to many licencing problems to include in kh

M@R!3

Smash Ace
So... Are we not gonna talk about this?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
It was brought up in the speculation thread. While a lot of the placements are about right based on prior polls, there are several noticeable outliers. IIRC some of those outliers also received a massive surge in votes all at once, implying either use of bots/rigging, or a community effort to boost a characters placement.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Spirited Away- Every KH needs a world that no one would really see coming. Seems like Disney owns this to some extent and it’s overall theme of bonds/ remembering would tie in to Kh .

Wreck It Ralph- It’s popular enough, plus I’d like to see console exclusive cameos or summons for each console. Xbox=Master Chief, Nintendo=Mario character, Sony=Ratchet and Clank

Jungle Book= New Tarzan replacement.

Star Wars= Kind of a good pirates replacement in the sense that we’d be mixing live action with animated characters. This could basically provide a futuristic backdrop that stitch’s space ship and Tron once provided.

Pocahontas- I just want to see them introduce a new set of princesses at this point. Pocahontas has some iconic scenes and if done right they could really make the art style pop.

Atlantis- I love the water themed levels, but I personally feel like both little mermaid and Pirates have overstayed their welcome. I believe this world would be a good switch up or replacement for a similar theme.

Princess and the Frog- Had to add this Cuz I feel like my list doesn’t have enough city settings. This world would have a good variety of settings, similar to Tangled on KH3.

Aladdin- I’m not quite done with Aladdin, I’d like to see them move on to the 1000 thieves plot line and introduce his father.
As much as I think Spirited Away would be an amazing world. I'd say at when it comes to studio ghibli movies Ponyo is probably the movie that makes the most sense to be used from an overall Disney affiliation personally. As that movie is by far the most heavily advertised Studio Ghibli film on Disney's side of things. I personally remember how hard they were pushing that movie at the time.

It was brought up in the speculation thread. While a lot of the placements are about right based on prior polls, there are several noticeable outliers. IIRC some of those outliers also received a massive surge in votes all at once, implying either use of bots/rigging, or a community effort to boost a characters placement.
From the tweets I've seen and just talking to and about the person behind the poll the likelyhood of it being outright rigged is pretty ****ing high. First of all the guy behind the poll himself just like with that big Papa Genos poll some months ago is an avid supporter of the top character in question.

Secondly he counted "votes" from reddit of people who had the poll shared to the character's official subreddit. Who said they'd vote for him but never actually went through with actually doing any actual voting of any kind to voice their support. He tried to defend himself by saying that to him those votes were legitimate. (..."I wonder why?") To which I replied with with the fact you could say the same about any character put under the same leniency Heavy received in the poll. And he ****ing liked my reply so he admitted that yes truthfully Heavy's votes were massively over bloated due to what he did with the voting.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
From the tweets I've seen and just talking to and about the person behind the poll the likelyhood of it being outright rigged is pretty ****ing high. First of all the guy behind the poll himself just like with that big Papa Genos poll some months ago is an avid supporter of the top character in question.

Secondly he counted "votes" from reddit of people who had the poll shared to the character's official subreddit. Who said they'd vote for him but never actually went through with actually doing any actual voting of any kind to voice their support. He tried to defend himself by saying that to him those votes were legitimate. (..."I wonder why?") To which I replied with with the fact you could say the same about any character put under the same leniency Heavy received in the poll. And he ****ing liked my reply so he admitted that yes truthfully Heavy's votes were massively over bloated due to what he did with the voting.
I can't say I'm surprised. When I first saw it, I thought somebody just threw their preferred choices into a bunch of data from older polls to create a convincing illusion.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Just a small question here, but what do you guys think Sora's victory theme would be? I was thinking Sora's theme as a short version but I'm not completely sure?
The only other options that stand out are Dearly Beloved and Hand in Hand. Sora's theme is the obvious choice, and would probably be what he would get. Maybe mix it in with Dearly Beloved like the realm of darkness cutscene in KH3.

Top Bottom