• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry what

I'M ****NG HYPED FOR THIS OF THIS IS TRUE, I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU.
I hope it's CG and not live-action. I cringe at that thought.

Also depending on this is true, this is the most perfect time to get Sora in Smash.
Not only would KH be getting more attention on Disney+ but also get advertised by Smash.

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I'm sorry what

I remember hearing something about a Disney+ series a few weeks ago, but it was thrown out as nonsense. And now that info is apparently true?

Not sure how I feel about a KH tv series. It's probably going to be a mess unless they just go for a loose adaptation of the first game, or an entirely different direction.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
I agree, I wouldn’t mind a series if it were an anime and given to a more competent studio house to create.

Overall though there seems to be a lot of KH projects in the work. Hopefully they top everything off with Sora as a newcomer for smash. Excellent promotion for the amount of content that appears to be on the horizon.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
I agree, I wouldn’t mind a series if it were an anime and given to a more competent studio house to create.

Overall though there seems to be a lot of KH projects in the work. Hopefully they top everything off with Sora as a newcomer for smash. Excellent promotion for the amount of content that appears to be on the horizon.
I WAS THINKING THE EXACT SAME THING!
I also can't help but think that this is a direct result of the Sora4smash hashtag trending. Hopefully they're trying to milk some kind of projected intrigue in regards to Sora's inclusion.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I WAS THINKING THE EXACT SAME THING!
I also can't help but think that this is a direct result of the Sora4smash hashtag trending. Hopefully they're trying to milk some kind of projected intrigue in regards to Sora's inclusion.
Not to be a downer, but I'm leaning slightly in the opposite direction. If a KH tv series announcement is imminent then this was probably in the works long before the whole Sora4Smash debacle.

There's also another potential problem. We learned from HMK's interview that Disney wouldn't have been open to licensing Sora for Smash while work for KH3 was ongoing. The development of a tv series could be a large enough project to warrant declining the use of KH in other projects. So that leaves several questions regarding the timing, the scale of the project, and the potential and willingness for cross promotion.

But until we get more info I'm just going to assume this has no connection to Smash, and no impact on Sora's chances either way.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
I've thought a KH cartoon would work well for years, so I really hope they end up doing it. Even just as a retelling (though it would be nice to see some new worlds that didn't get in to the games proper as well).

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If it's some sort of made for Disney+ reboot/retelling of the series I'm not interested. Would much rather focus on the game's story.

If it's some sort of block of the story integral to the games, then crap.

Wonder how much involvement Square/Nomura has if any.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Not to be a downer, but I'm leaning slightly in the opposite direction. If a KH tv series announcement is imminent then this was probably in the works long before the whole Sora4Smash debacle.

There's also another potential problem. We learned from HMK's interview that Disney wouldn't have been open to licensing Sora for Smash while work for KH3 was ongoing. The development of a tv series could be a large enough project to warrant declining the use of KH in other projects. So that leaves several questions regarding the timing, the scale of the project, and the potential and willingness for cross promotion.

But until we get more info I'm just going to assume this has no connection to Smash, and no impact on Sora's chances either way.
Well if you ask me, this is just assuming that an official reveal is close at hand. In which case we'll have to wait and see. But I personally think that this tease was just here to announce that the project was greenlit.

Also, that second point isn't entirely accurate. HMK said that they were trying to "place all of their eggs in one basket", which implies that they weren't trying to focus on any other project till KH3 was done.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman

That does depend if the show is a spinoff or not guess.
But knowing Kingdom Hearts, something that looks like a spinoff, usually isn't a spinoff.
With the exception of V-Cast.

Also in other news. Two SKUs related to Square have popped up for the Switch on the Amazon France website.
One or even just both could be KH games.
Whether be a port of KH3 or the KH 1.5+2.5 Collection is debatable.

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
That does depend if the show is a spinoff or not guess.
But knowing Kingdom Hearts, something that looks like a spinoff, usually isn't a spinoff.
With the exception of V-Cast.

Also in other news. Two SKUs related to Square have popped up for the Switch on the Amazon France website.
One or even just both could be KH games.
Whether be a port of KH3 or the KH 1.5+2.5 Collection is debatable.
I would much prefer they didn't incorporate the tv show into the main plot. The show will likely suffer greatly if they try. Not that I'm particularly optimistic about KH working in a tv show format to begin with. I guess we'll see.

Ports of KH3 or the HD collections on Switch would be greatly appreciated.

D

Deleted member

Going to be interesting to see how the tv series turns out should be cool.

TraaP

Smash Cadet
I would much prefer they didn't incorporate the tv show into the main plot. The show will likely suffer greatly if they try. Not that I'm particularly optimistic about KH working in a tv show format to begin with. I guess we'll see.

Ports of KH3 or the HD collections on Switch would be greatly appreciated.
One of them is likely the World Ends With You Sequel that’s been rumoured. Hopefully, the other is the HD collections.

Yeah I would preferred an anime structured retelling of the games rather than more cannon; it’ll be more likely to entice new fans.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
A very good video I watched the other day

Keep the hope alive ya'll. We got five more slots.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
What if Sora had a Palutena's Guidance

Pit: Hey! Lady Palutena this guy stole my 'do!

Palutena: I see you've encountered Sora, the Keyblade's chosen one!

Viridi: Do you two go to the same barber?

Pit: Lady Palutena's the one who cuts my hair, so no. Unless... you haven't been cutting someone else's hair have you!?

Palutena: Focus Pit, Sora here hails from the distant world of Destiny Islands. When his world was destroyed by the Heartless, he would go on to be the bringer of light and vanquish the darkness with the Keyblade in hand

Viridi: You know Pit... He has your hairstyle, he's a hero of light, and he even kinda looks like you! Not to mention, he's saved the world collective many times over! If I didn't know any better I'd say you might be up for a replacement!

Pit: That's ridiculous! Lady Palutena would never replace me, right?

Palutena: ............

Pit: ..........RIGHT?

Palutena: .......Perhaps I'll be reviewing your resume....

Pit: No need my lady! Just watch me beat this guy!

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What if Sora had a Palutena's Guidance

Pit: Hey! Lady Palutena this guy stole my 'do!

Palutena: I see you've encountered Sora, the Keyblade's chosen one!

Viridi: Do you two go to the same barber?

Pit: Lady Palutena's the one who cuts my hair, so no. Unless... you haven't been cutting someone else's hair have you!?

Palutena: Focus Pit, Sora here hails from the distant world of Destiny Islands. When his world was destroyed by the Heartless, he would go on to be the bringer of light and vanquish the darkness with the Keyblade in hand

Viridi: You know Pit... He has your hairstyle, he's a hero of light, and he even kinda looks like you! Not to mention, he's saved the world collective many times over! If I didn't know any better I'd say you might be up for a replacement!

Pit: That's ridiculous! Lady Palutena would never replace me, right?

Palutena: ............

Pit: ..........RIGHT?

Palutena: .......Perhaps I'll be reviewing your resume....

Pit: No need my lady! Just watch me beat this guy!
thats legit super adorable

TriggerX

Smash Ace
A very good video I watched the other day

Keep the hope alive ya'll. We got five more slots.

That was a good video.
Honestly at this point I really don’t see anything holding Sora back except Disney potentially wanting too much money. However, as much as they have worked with Nintendo in the past I don’t think they would ask for something unreasonable.

I personally believe if Sora is involved it’s about timing. The switch is due for a new Kingdom hearts game for sure, and I wouldn’t be surprised if his arrival coincided with that.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I personally believe if Sora is involved it’s about timing. The switch is due for a new Kingdom hearts game for sure, and I wouldn’t be surprised if his arrival coincided with that.
trouble is they were focusing on kh3 and that only finished that a couple months ago so a brand new game is unlike to come out during the dlc cycle. ports maybe

TriggerX

Smash Ace
trouble is they were focusing on kh3 and that only finished that a couple months ago so a brand new game is unlike to come out during the dlc cycle. ports maybe
I wouldn’t count a spin off out just yet. As long as they stick with unreal engine, development time will be reduced since they would most likely not be starting from nothing. It’s hard to say how much time would be saved though.

Either way the smash dlc cycle doesn’t seem to be over until December 2021. This does give them a little over 2 years to produce a spin off similar to KhCoM or Days.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Kh1 FM on the switch, maybe remastered using unreal with some extras thrown in.

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I know I don't post here, but can I have my name on the support list! Sora is my number one most wanted character, and Kingdom Hearts is one of my all-time favorite video game series! And I would love it if he got into Smash Ultimate, though DLC!

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Which reminds me; which composer (beside Yoko Shimomura) would you like to see remix KH music the most?

For me, I wanna see Jun Senoue's take on Hazardous Highway.
Motoi Sakuraba. I don't have a particular song in mind as long as it gets the same treatment he gave Gourmet Race in Brawl. I'd say 13th Dilemma, but Yoko already did it herself with the Saix version in Remind.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn’t count a spin off out just yet. As long as they stick with unreal engine, development time will be reduced since they would most likely not be starting from nothing. It’s hard to say how much time would be saved though.

Either way the smash dlc cycle doesn’t seem to be over until December 2021. This does give them a little over 2 years to produce a spin off similar to KhCoM or Days.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Kh1 FM on the switch, maybe remastered using unreal with some extras thrown in.
well i imagine that would depend on how many new assets they have to make

Which reminds me; which composer (beside Yoko Shimomura) would you like to see remix KH music the most?

For me, I wanna see Jun Senoue's take on Hazardous Highway.
ooh you ask an interesting question there, basically the reverse of what i say with music: i wanna hear yoko remix it

i think id like to here ACE do sora's theme and i know they only really got him in for B&K but i kind of wanna hear grant kirkphone do risky romp

TriggerX

Smash Ace
well i imagine that would depend on how many new assets they have to make
Agreed. In the end it does depend on how much time, effort, and money they are willing to drop into it.

Overall this one of the reasons I’m somewhat excited about unreal engine 5. Being able to use film quality assets may really change the game up for their development team while trying to bring as much detail as they can in some of these Disney related worlds. Features like this will help worlds like Wreck it Ralph seem more detailed while saving the team time.
Assuming Disney is on board.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I do think if they can. Disney would want Sora in.

They do and hopefully Sora is in.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
That's one of my favourites.
Since we're all suggesting music tracks, I created a list for music I want:
Hand in Hand - Kingdom Hearts
Shrouding Dark Cloud - Kingdom Hearts
Forze Del Male - Kingdom Hearts
Sinister Sundown- Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories/2
13th Struggle - Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories/2
Scythe of Petals - Chain of Memories
Working Together - Kingdom Hearts 2
Desire for All That is Lost- Kingdom Hearts 2
The Encounter - Kingdom Hearts 2
Vim and Vigor - Kingdom Hearts 2
13th Dilemma - Kingdom Hearts 2
Rage Awakened - Kingdom Hearts 2
The Tumbling - Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Enter the Darkness/ Unbreakable Chains - Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Dismiss - Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Xion Battle - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Riku Battle - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
No More Bugs - Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded
l'impero Oscuro - Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
L'Oscurita dell'ignot - Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
All for One - Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Wave of Darkness - Kingdom Hearts 0.2
The Deep End -Kingdom Hearts 3
I couldn't think of much KH3 songs. Feel free to suggest some I could use.

I know the list has a lot of songs, but keep in mind Terry came with 55 songs and Simon and Richter came with 30 songs.

Papa Pope

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, I'm new on Smashboards, but I've been involved in speculation for a long time and Sora has always been my dream character. I can't wait to interact with you guys and more importantly, I can't wait until our boy finally gets his invitation, add me to that support list!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
most of the 2.5 remixes are amazing
i must look more out some time, though the original encounter is still my favourite version

Hey everyone, I'm new on Smashboards, but I've been involved in speculation for a long time and Sora has always been my dream character. I can't wait to interact with you guys and more importantly, I can't wait until our boy finally gets his invitation, add me to that support list!
welcome to the team

Top Bottom