• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

I've been playing Birth By Sleep recently.

My favourite world so far has to be either Snow White or Cinderella, but I feel Neverland may top those.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I've been playing Birth By Sleep recently.

My favourite world so far has to be either Snow White or Cinderella, but I feel Neverland may top those.
Enchanted Dominion/Sleeping Beauty is probably my favorite just for the music.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
My prediction for Fighter's Pass 2 so far is:

ARMS
Geno (Taking Banjo's spot as a 'legacy request')
Crash Bandicoot or Rayman (Crash is in the middle of a big revival scheme, and Rayman has some interesting stuff that might point to his inclusion)
Cinderace
Nightmare (The missing Namco rep)
Sora or Master Chief (Taking Joker's spot as the "How is this even possible!?" internet breaker reveal)

I think you know who I'm rooting for there

M@R!3

Smash Ace
So now that it's been several months since Remind released, what's your favorite data battle?

I'm still not done with all of them, currently working through Ansem, but of what I've completed Young Xehanort is probably my favorite. Difficulty wise he's on the easier end, but the spectacle and tone of his battle is great. Risk dodging through his teleport whip combo is one of the most satisfying things in KH3.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So now that it's been several months since Remind released, what's your favorite data battle?

I'm still not done with all of them, currently working through Ansem, but of what I've completed Young Xehanort is probably my favorite. Difficulty wise he's on the easier end, but the spectacle and tone of his battle is great. Risk dodging through his teleport whip combo is one of the most satisfying things in KH3.
I guess Xion for the killer Vector to the Heavens remix.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

they were too agonisingly difficult to enjoy

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Check out this AMAZING other Sora render!
Further proof that anything can be faked, there are talented people out there that can create professional looking renders and models of this quality, i don't think image leaks will ever really work again in this day and age.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Further proof that anything can be faked, there are talented people out there that can create professional looking renders and models of this quality, i don't think image leaks will ever really work again in this day and age.
It’s NOT an image leak. It’s entirely a normal project.

Guess I should’ve specified that.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
It’s NOT an image leak. It’s entirely a normal project.

Guess I should’ve specified that.
I know. I'm just saying that if someone can make such a good looking render, then an actual image leak as good and official as it may look, can be faked if you have enough talent.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
i amazed people still think this
Well, let me explain my statement a bit

Sonic, Snake, Cloud, and Joker have the distinction of being true 'internet breaker' reveals that changed out expectations over who was eligible to join Smash's roster

Snake: "No third party characters"
Sonic: "Nintendo's rival"
Cloud: "Game not on Nintendo (at the time)"
Joker: "Series not on Nintendo"

I feel like Nintendo might go for one more of those in this pass and I think it's down to Sora or Chief

"They'd NEVER add Master Chief! Banjo is one thing, but he's Xbox's MASCOT! PLUS Bungie previously said NO to Dead or Alive using him, so why now?"
"They'd NEVER add Sora! He's owned by DISNEY! And Sakurai said NO FOURTH PARTIES!
"

From the outside, these are two seemingly "impossible" characters with "impossible" circumstances that either one getting in would be a jaw-dropper. I'm putting my hopes in Sora of course though

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, let me explain my statement a bit

Sonic, Snake, Cloud, and Joker have the distinction of being true 'internet breaker' reveals that changed out expectations over who was eligible to join Smash's roster

Snake: "No third party characters"
Sonic: "Nintendo's rival"
Cloud: "Game not on Nintendo (at the time)"
Joker: "Series not on Nintendo"

I feel like Nintendo might go for one more of those in this pass and I think it's down to Sora or Chief

"They'd NEVER add Master Chief! Banjo is one thing, but he's Xbox's MASCOT! PLUS Bungie previously said NO to Dead or Alive using him, so why now?"
"They'd NEVER add Sora! He's owned by DISNEY! And Sakurai said NO FOURTH PARTIES!
"

From the outside, these are two seemingly "impossible" characters with "impossible" circumstances that either one getting in would be a jaw-dropper. I'm putting my hopes in Sora of course though
every fan wanted sonic, so they didnt think he was impossible, it broke they internet cause everyone was so happy. joker is from a sub series that is on nintendo he really more filled a role similar to cloud. sora is not 4th party, every sora fan knows that, being owned by disney does not make him a 4th party, hes still a video game character.

Super Toaster

Smash Cadet
I would kill for Roxas in Smash, but I'm one of those people who just can't see it happening. Dealing with Microsoft is one thing, but Disney is an otherworldly beast compared to any ordinary company that produces video games. Disney doesn't even seem that interested in making video games like they used to.

I suppose miracles can happen though so until they actually shut the book on Ultimate DLC I shouldn't be too pessimistic.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I would kill for Roxas in Smash, but I'm one of those people who just can't see it happening. Dealing with Microsoft is one thing, but Disney is an otherworldly beast compared to any ordinary company that produces video games. Disney doesn't even seem that interested in making video games like they used to.

I suppose miracles can happen though so until they actually shut the book on Ultimate DLC I shouldn't be too pessimistic.
disney have let nintendo use their characters before

Double0Groove

Smash Ace

I had a blast with all of them, except for Xehanort.
My favorite fight was hands down Larxene. She had a lot of cool moves and was just relentless. Everything I like about fighting speed demons was personified in that match. Following that as a close second was Xemnas.

In the last 10 years?
I'm not too sure, but since Mavel Ultimate alliance and Disney Tsun-tsun are both exclusive to the Switch and since Disney has let other companies use their IPs within the last 10 years, I'm pretty sure they're easier to work with than you're suggesting.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't understand why people act like Disney can't work with video game companies when talking about Sora.

You know, a character who's series is a collaboration between Disney and Square-Enix (who happens to be a video game company) that's been going for almost two decades.

Super Toaster

Smash Cadet
I don't understand why people act like Disney can't work with video game companies when talking about Sora.

You know, a character who's series is a collaboration between Disney and Square-Enix (who happens to be a video game company) that's been going for almost two decades.
You're saying this as if Kingdom Hearts isn't a crazy science experiment gone right that might not have happened if two dudes didn't get stuck in an elevator.

I'm not saying Sora in Smash can't happen. I'm just saying that Disney has a tighter grip on their characters than most companies do.

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice
I don't really know how to feel about having Sora being in Smash
like yeah he'd be dope, but not having any sort of Disney representation would be really weird and wouldn't really capture what Kingdom Hearts is and even if Sora did get in and not have any Disney content related to the Challenger Pack, I don't know...

and with Sakurai saying that this is specifically a gaming crossover, I know that he's a video game character, but from a series that's full of characters that debut from other types of media. (I feel like I've said this in an earlier post in this thread, my apologies if that's the case)

Sora in Smash is just really confusing to me, it's not that I don't want the character, he'd be really dope to see, but it's just talking about the character and speculating his potential challenger pack just leaves a not-so-good taste in my mouth, It's kinda hard to explain in further detail, but I hope you'll get the point. (but it probably won't :') )

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
I don't really know how to feel about having Sora being in Smash
like yeah he'd be dope, but not having any sort of Disney representation would be really weird and wouldn't really capture what Kingdom Hearts is and even if Sora did get in and not have any Disney content related to the Challenger Pack, I don't know...

and with Sakurai saying that this is specifically a gaming crossover, I know that he's a video game character, but from a series that's full of characters that debut from other types of media. (I feel like I've said this in an earlier post in this thread, my apologies if that's the case)

Sora in Smash is just really confusing to me, it's not that I don't want the character, he'd be really dope to see, but it's just talking about the character and speculating his potential challenger pack just leaves a not-so-good taste in my mouth, It's kinda hard to explain in further detail, but I hope you'll get the point. (but it probably won't :') )
Well, as always I argue that Sora himself is still a Disney character, and with KH having a lot of original content, I can confidently say that your worries are at least misplaced.

You're saying this as if Kingdom Hearts isn't a crazy science experiment gone right that might not have happened if two dudes didn't get stuck in an elevator.

I'm not saying Sora in Smash can't happen. I'm just saying that Disney has a tighter grip on their characters than most companies do.
Well, if KH doesn't tickle your fancy, then what about MvC:I? Or Wreck-it-Ralph joining Sonic All-Stars racing? Or even all the games outsourced to Bandai Namco and the newest Avengers game being outsourced to SE? I mean, come on, I know that they're strict with their IPs, but they they clearly have a standard.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I had a blast with all of them, except for Xehanort.
My favorite fight was hands down Larxene. She had a lot of cool moves and was just relentless. Everything I like about fighting speed demons was personified in that match. Following that as a close second was Xemnas.
Larxene was the first fight I did, and I loved every minute of it.

The only I fight I can say I didn't enjoy was Dark Riku. Punishing him felt very inconsistent, and this wasn't helped by a number of his attacks and combos starting the same way. His random lightning strikes after Dark Break were also a pretty large source of frustration for me. Funnily enough I found him easier in his second phase because the couple of new attacks he gains are distinct from the others and are consistently punishable.

Once I'm finished with the other data battles and the secret episode I'll probably go back to Dark Riku to see if I can get a better understanding of how he works.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I've made a more in-depth moveset for Sora, loosely based on HMK's video.

Who?: Sora is the main protagonist of the Kingdom Hearts series. After his world was initially destroyed by the Heartless, Sora travels with two new friends in search of his old ones, Riku and Kairi. His journeys take him and his friends to Ansem, Seeker of Darkness-the leader of the Heartless-and after a year of unknown sleep following the Ansem's defeat, into a battle with the Organization XIII, a mysterious group of by Xemnas. And from there, Sora's journeys lead to complications.

Sora is a kind yet naïve boy who won't hesitate to protect his friends or anyone else he can be on good terms with. Sora is also a somewhat reckless boy, having gotten himself into dangerous situations countless times.

Importance to Nintendo: Like Cloud, Sora isn't massively prevalent on Nintendo consoles; the only games on Nintendo consoles he's appeared in are Chain of Memories for the GBA, 358/2 Days and Re:Coded for the DS, and Dream Drop Distance for the 3DS.

Intro: Sora appeared from a save point and gets into his fighting stance.

Stance/Idle 1: Sora holds his Keyblade near his right hip and looks around.

Idle 2: Sora rests his Keyblade on his right shoulder for a few seconds.

Idle 3: Sora bares his teeth in the direction he's facing.

Notable Palette Swaps: KH3 outfit, KH2 outfit, KH3 Guardian Form, KH2 Valor Form, KH3 Element Form, KH2 Final Form, KH3 Second Form, KH2 Limit Form

Walk: His walk from the games.

Dash: His run from the games.

Damage: His damage animation from the games.

Jump: High Jump and Doubleflight.

Crouch: Crouches with his Keyblade's end on the ground, holding it.

Weapon of Choice: The Kingdom Key, the Keyblade Sora starts his journey with.

A,A,A: Slapshot; Sora slashes twice, then follows up with an uppercut (14%, OK knockback)
Forward+A: Speed Slash; Sora slashes twice (8% each hit, small knockback), and then does a quick dual slash (13%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Sliding Dash; Sora performs a slide across the ground, slightly faster than that of Cloud (12%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Upper Slash; Sora swings his Keyblade upwards with both hands (10%, OK knockback)

Air+A: Magnet Burst; Sora briefly surrounds himself with an array of magnetic orbs (13%, OK knockback). Pressing A again, if necessary, sends these orbs flying out (19%, medium knockback)
Air Forward+A: Aerial Finish; Sora slashes forward three times (12%, small knockback), and then finishes with a strong slash (10%, OK knockback)
Air Back + A: Aerial Sweep; Sora slashes behind himself three times (11%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Hurricane Blast; Sora vertically swings around four times with his Keyblade (14%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Diving Strike; Sora dives down and strikes the ground with his Keyblade (15%, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Prism Windmill; Sora spins Keyblade in front of him, protected by a shield of light (15%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Magic Flash; Sora lifts himself up and uses a flash of light that affects the area around him (11%, OK knockback)

Smash Moves
Forward+A: Strike Raid; Sora throws his Keyblade forward as it spins (15%, OK knockback). Pressing A again performs two more throws, and then the last throw is slightly stronger (18%, medium knockback)
Up+A: Ripple Drive; Sora swings upwards and summons a barrier of light with rectangular patterns (21%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Explosion; three orbs of light surround Sora as he thrusts his Keyblade down to the ground (22%, medium knockback)

Grab: Sora grabs the opponent with his open hand.
Pummel: Sora slaps his opponent with the handle of his Keyblade (8%)
Forwards+Throw: Quick Blitz; Sora thrusts his Keyblade on the ground in a downward arc (14%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Fail-Safe; Sora spins once before tossing the opponent on the ground (13%, OK knockback)
Back+Throw: Merge; Sora spins around backwards before hurling the opponent in that direction (11%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Lunge n' Launch; Sora pushes the opponent forward and slashes upwards (13%, OK knockback)

Special Moves

B : Magic Selection; Sora can select a magic spell from his list (consisting of Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, and Aero). Once a spell is selected, it will stay on that spell until another is selected, which can be done on the fly.
B + Forwards : Sonic Blade; Sora thrusts forward four times, with consecutive button presses, after charging up (7% each hit, small knockback) and then performs a final stronger thrust (18%, OK knockback)
B + Up : Airstep/Flowmotion; Sora travels in the pointed direction at the speed of light after releasing the button (holding it slows him down for six seconds). When he comes in contact with a wall, Flowmotion will activate.
B + Down : Ars Arcanum; Sora charges up and unleashes a flurry of ten slashes (19%, OK knockback), and then finishes off with three stronger slashes (24%, medium knockback)

Magic Spells
>Fire: Sora shoots out a small fireball (9%, small knockback)
>Blizzard: Sora surrounds himself in an icy wind (11%, OK knockback) that has a chance of freezing the opponent. Sora can tilt forward after pressing B to create an icy rail, which he can then jump on for a Rail Slide.
>Thunder: Sora summons a spark from his Keyblade that surrounds a fair amount of his surroundings (15%, OK knockback)
>Aero: Sora shoots a wind arc from his Keyblade that turns into a mini-tornado (17%, OK knockback)

Final Smash: Ultimate Union Ragnarok; Sora attempts to unleash Ultimate Form (Final Form in his KH2 outfit), and catches any opponents he successfully hits (8%). The trapped opponents are taken into a cutscene as Sora slashes them with hundreds of swords (32%), and finishes off with Union Ragnarok, with the Lux symbol showing as he fires it (16%) (56% total, far knockback).

Gimmick: Situation Commands; after pulling off successful combos, three arrows appear by Sora's HUD, one by one. Once a combo is successful with all three arrows, a command appears above Sora's icon, and pressing B will activate one of five attacks, four of which are Grand Magic.

>Firaza: If the combo is kept up by constant Fire spells, Sora summons a giant fireball that can travel offscreen when it doesn't hit any opponents (24%, medium knockback)
>Blizzaza: If the combo is kept up by constant Blizzard spells, Sora fires a giant ice projectile that freezes the first opponent it hits, and sends all others flying (26%, medium knockback)
>Thundaza: If the combo is kept up by constant Thunder spells, a pillar of electricity appears and combos any opponents above Sora (26%, medium knockback)
>Aeroza: If the combo is kept up by Aero spells, Sora summons two tornadoes that circle him, sending opponents flying (28%, far knockback)
>Stun Impact: If the combo is kept up by melee attacks and no magic, Sora will briefly explode in a dome of light with a small electric effect, stunning anyone on the ground (23%, medium knockback)

Flowmotion: Sora's answer to acrobatic platforming. Activated when he comes in contact with a wall after Airstep, Sora can use two types of Flowmotion attacks:

>Shock Dive: An AOE slam attack Sora uses when he uses Superjump (19%, medium knockback)
>Kick Dive: Sora attacks immediately after shooting off a wall, pointing his feet at the enemy as the Keyblade spins around him.

Flowmotion's startup is indicated by a blue aura, while its fizzling out in a second is indicated by a pink aura. When Sora is using Superjump to recover, he will be left in free fall once Flowmotion goes away.

Taunts:

1: Sora wipes his nose and smiles.
2: "Yeah!" Sora raises his Keyblade high in the air.
1+2: Sora performs Break Time, where he spins around for a bit and says "ta-da!" as he puts his right hand on his hip and puts up his left hand.

Winposes:

1: "That's the power of the Keyblade!" Sora's victory animation from KH1, whenever he wins a tournament in Olympus Coliseum.
2: Sora spins his Keyblade and sticks it firmly in the ground, smiling (based on one of his renders based on KH1 artwork of him).
3: Sora opens a treasure chest as he does in the games, and a Meow Wow comes out to cuddle-tackle him.

Icon: The heart in KH series logo.

Boxing Ring Title: The Key from the Sky

Victory Music: A variation of Hikari (orchestra)

Kirby Hat: Sora's hair and necklace.
I decided to make a moveset for if Xion was an Echo:
Intro: Xion enters from a Corridor of Darkness, and gets into fighting stance.

Stance/Idle 1: Sora’s signature fighting stance.

Idle 2: Xion bares her teeth, trying to make a serious face.

Idle 3: Xion disappears her Keyblade, and clinches both her hands behind her back.

Notable Palette Swaps:
-KH3 outfit (default)
-Roxas (Yellow/White)
-BBS Lea (Red)
-BBS Isa (Blue)
-Kairi (Purple/White)
-Naminé (White)
-Hooded with Black Coat (Alternate costume)
-Twilight Xemnas (Alternate white)

Walk: Same as Sora’s, but more lady-like.

Jog: Same as Sora’s.

Dash: Same as Sora’s.

Damage: Same as Sora’s,

Jump: The first one is a normal jump, then a High Jump with Xion rolling forwards as she jumps.

Crouch: Xion puts both her knees on the ground, putting her left hand alongside them.

Weapon of Choice: The Kingdom Key, Sora’s Keyblade.

Jab: Same as Sora’s (12%, OK knockback)
Forward+A: Guard Break; Xion performs a powerful forward slash that acts as weaker version of Marth’s Shield Breaker (14%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Same as Sora’s (9%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Same as Sora’s (11%, OK knockback)

Air+A: Aerial Sweep; Sora’s B-Air, but it hits all around Xion (12%, OK knockback)
Air Forward+A: Horizontal Slash; Xion slashes left and right in midair (11%, OK knockback)
Air Back + A: Circle Raid; Xion spins her Keyblade behind herself (13%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Same as Sora’s (12%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Finishing Leap; Xion pierces her Keyblade downwards, affecting an area around her (15% with a meteor effect, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Dodge Rush; Xion knocks intro enemies while performing a Dodge Roll (8%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Same as Sora’s (12%, OK knockback)
Get-Up Attack: Counter Blast; Xion shatters a barrier around herself, nullifying any attacks that would get near her (14%, OK knockback)

Smash Moves
Forward+A: Same as Sora’s (16%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Same as Sora’s (19%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Vicinity Break; Xion sweeps the floor in a full circle (21%, medium)

Grab: Same as Sora’s, but with brackets of light instead of Magnet.
Pummel: Same as Sora’s (1%-2%)
Forwards+Throw: Same as Sora’s (14%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Same as Sora’s (12%, OK knockback)
Back+Throw: Xion zips around the target and slashes them (15%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Holy; Xion summons a pillar of light from below the target (13%, OK knockback)

Special Moves

B : Magic Selection; Same as Sora’s, but each spell can only be used once before a 6-second cooldown.
B + Forwards : Sonic Blade; Same as Sora’s (5% each hit, small to medium knockback)
B + Up : Magic Hour; Xion launches herself upwards in a huge, multi-hitting pillar of light (22%, medium knockback)
B + Down : Event Horizon; The first part of this is based off Sora’s base Ars Arcanum, and is then followed by Xion summoning a small pillar of light (24%, medium knockback)

Final Smash: Final Form; Xion transforms into her Final Form from 358/2 Days, appearing in the background. She then fires one laser at a time for 14 seconds (18% each, medium knockback).

Gimmick: Limit Break; unlike Cloud, Xion’s Limit Break occurs when her damage reaches 100% (or when her HP is reduced to ¼ in Stamina Battles). Xion’s Specials (aside from Magic Selection) are powers up:

-Sonic Blade works how it does with Sora in Second Form.
-Magic Hour has Xion summoning a powerful pillar of light above herself (27%, far knockback), but she never goes up.
-Event Horizon has Xion surround herself with pillars of light that circle around her (29%, far knockback)

In addition, Xion’s spells are different from Sora’s

-Fire floats for a bit, homing in on targets for a multi-hit explosion (13%, OK knockback)
-Blizzard has two floating ice mines that slowly float around the stage, instantly freezing targets upon contact (15%, OK knockback)
-Thunder has electric pillars striking down in front of Xion after slight delay (18%, medium knockback)
-Aero has Xion shooting a gust of wind in a multi-hit ball (14%, OK knockback)

Taunts
1: Xion lightly flips her hair.
2: Xion points her Keyblade to her left.
1+2: Xion takes out a stick of sea salt ice cream and licks it.

Winposes
1: Xion steps on a dark corridor, getting ready to RTC (return to the castle).
2: Xion puts a seashell to her right ear.
3: Xion has her sea-salt ice cream on a rock, with visions of Roxas and Axel sitting in the air next to her.

Applause: Xion claps with a slight smile on her face in her default outfit, but looks the other way while clapping in her hooded outfit.

Icon: The heart in the KH series logo

Boxing Ring Title:
-The Heartfelt Puppet (normal outfit)
-Number XIV (hooded outfit)

Victory Music: Vector to the Heavens.

Kirby Hat: Xion’s hair

And now, her Classic Mode:

Classic Mode: Faceless Shroud (Fights characters who almost fully hide their faces, sometimes in a hood)
Round 1: :ultlittlemac:(hooded wireframe) on Boxing Ring (Tunnel Scene - X)
Round 2: :ultrobin::ultrobinf:on Arena Ferox (Conquest (Ablaze))
Round 3: :ultmetaknight::ultmetaknight::ultmetaknight:(Normal, Dark and Galacta; free-for-all) on Fountain of Dreams (CROWNED Ver. 2)
Round 4: :ultsheik:on Gerudo Valley (Gerudo Valley (Remix))
Round 5: :ultgnw:x14 (horde battle) on :battlefieldb: (Tension Rising)
Round 6: :ultsamus::ultdarksamus:(free-for-all) on :fdb: (Escape - Metroid)
Final Round: Galleom

And now, finally, a support thread for her: https://smashboards.com/threads/number-xiv-xion-vectors-to-twilight-sora-echo-fighter.504570/

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Hey, I got an idea: what would Galleom and Duon look like as Heartless?
They aren't that far off as is. Just give them the Heartless emblem, glowing yellow eyes, that jagged line mouth and there ya go. A Heartless.

Top Bottom