• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

Powerman293

Smash Ace
A KH game on Switch would either have to be the HD Remixes, downgrades of 2.8 and 3, or an original game.

HD Remixes I think are likely, ports of 2.8 and 3 are less likely but I COULD see it happening. But I think making an exclusive Switch game would be too much since they would have to make all new assets if they want the game to run well.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
A KH game on Switch would either have to be the HD Remixes, downgrades of 2.8 and 3, or an original game.

HD Remixes I think are likely, ports of 2.8 and 3 are less likely but I COULD see it happening. But I think making an exclusive Switch game would be too much since they would have to make all new assets if they want the game to run well.
An exclusive game may not necessarily be too much. If by assets you mean models, sounds, images,etc. The ones used in the newer remixes could end up being used anyways, which the switch should have no problem with.

Also, if I’m not mistaken unreal engine is supported by the switch too so they would most likely use the engine from KH3 as a base and reduce the quality of some of the models.

Although I do agree a straight port of KH3 or 2.8 wouldn’t be likely since the hardware wouldn’t be able to keep up.

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
i never once said sakurai was lying or untrustworthy i was saying you should take his statements with a pinch of salt, but if you want to believe sakurai is a robot incapable of be contradictory and just does whatever hes told thats your business. sakurai told us himself he has final say, he can reject any character he wants and hes well within his rights to do so.
I asked for legitimate proof several times in this argument to support that "salt" or doubt or whatever word you want to use. As far as I'm concerned you didn't deliver, as nothing you brought up contradicts anything he said in that interview.
but in the long run what does it matter if hes makes sense or is the most honest man in the world? lets stop this its not gonna change a thing, the characters have been picked, what does it matter who picked them? so lets just move on and get back to sora
Well, this was an argument based on the validity of an article you tried to dismiss. As far as I'm concerned this is all very relevant to the Sora discussion at hand since it revolves around a point that backs my initial fears.

and for what its worth im sorry if ive offend or upset you and for letting this get out of hand
Dude, stop. You have nothing to apologize for. If nothing else, I was the one who aggravated the situation in the first place, so I should be the one apologizing here, not you. Thanks for bringing civility to the table and I'm sorry for taking the approach that I took.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I asked for legitimate proof several times in this argument to support that "salt" or doubt or whatever word you want to use. As far as I'm concerned you didn't deliver, as nothing you brought up contradicts anything he said in that interview.

Well, this was an argument based on the validity of an article you tried to dismiss. As far as I'm concerned this is all very relevant to the Sora discussion at hand since it revolves around a point that backs my initial fears.

Dude, stop. You have nothing to apologize for. If nothing else, I was the one who aggravated the situation in the first place, so I should be the one apologizing here, not you. Thanks for bringing civility to the table and I'm sorry for taking the approach that I took.
well i accept your apology and thank you for it,

for what its worth i dont think arms should have an affect on sora's chances to much

D

Deleted member

Man seeing some of the Kingdom Hearts games.

Ported to Nintendo Switch would be good!

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I haven't come into this thread in ages, what's new? I saw that KH turned 18 on the last page but otherwise I've been out of the loop since KH3 dropped.

So Sword, Shield, or Staff?

The correct answer is Staff.
I've always been partial to the shield. In fact I'm pretty sure between the few dozen times I've played 1 & 2 I've always gone shield and given up the sword.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I haven't come into this thread in ages, what's new? I saw that KH turned 18 on the last page but otherwise I've been out of the loop since KH3 dropped.

I've always been partial to the shield. In fact I'm pretty sure between the few dozen times I've played 1 & 2 I've always gone shield and given up the sword.
Not much new I'm afraid.

In the first one staff is pretty much the best choice for stats since magic boosts do not exist, while strength and defense boosts do. Shield is probably the best for abilities though. Waiting till lvl 20+ for guard is rough.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I haven't chosen the dream sword since the HD Remixes came out. The other options are just too practical.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
You know how Links work in KH3? How you team up with a projection of one of Sora’s previous friends? Well, what if, instead, Sora took the form of the friend he’s summoning and fought using their form? Basically, you’d be playing as the friend he’s summoning! And then the Summon Gauge from KH1 appears and displays how long you’ll be able to keep fighting as them. How’s that sound?

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Here's an idea I have. What if when you switch costumes for Sora, it also changes the appearance of the Keyblade? That way, it represents all the keyblades/key chains you can collect throughout the series.

Even if we're just limited to KH original Keyblades, there's still a lot to pick from.

Kingdom Key (obviously)
Oblivion
OathKeeper
Two Become One
Fenrir
Star Seeker
Metal Chocobo
And maybe for ****s and giggles, one of the Ultima weapons.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Here's an idea I have. What if when you switch costumes for Sora, it also changes the appearance of the Keyblade? That way, it represents all the keyblades/key chains you can collect throughout the series.

Even if we're just limited to KH original Keyblades, there's still a lot to pick from.

Kingdom Key (obviously)
Oblivion
OathKeeper
Two Become One
Fenrir
Star Seeker
Metal Chocobo
The only issue with this is most keyblades don't have the same length, summon effects, hit effects, or sound effects. While those are pretty minor details I don't see them being ignored.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Kingdom Key (obviously)
Oblivion
OathKeeper
Two Become One
Fenrir
Star Seeker
Metal Chocobo
The only issue with this is most keyblades don't have the same length, summon effects, hit effects, or sound effects. While those are pretty minor details I don't see them being ignored.
Both things I've also thought of. Smash has changed sizes for things before but I'd still prefer the keyblades to be the right length.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Both things I've also thought of. Smash has changed sizes for things before but I'd still prefer the keyblades to be the right length.
I'm trying to imagine Fenrir being the same length as Kingdom Key, but it always looks weird to me.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well theve change the size of characters a the wrong sound effects before so you never know what they will and wont ignore

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Duck hunt as donald and goofy… I never thought of it that way lol that's clever.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Gamechamp3000 did a Level 1 run of Kingdom Hearts. His channel is a favorite of mine so I found this especially entertaining. Hopefully he'll do KH2 in the future.

Video here.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Hey, I just had a thought recently. If character switching was in KH3, here’s how I think it would’ve worked:

You press L3 to switch from Sora to Donald and then Donald to Goofy, or press R3 to switch from Sora to Goofy and then Goofy to Donald. This switching would only work during combat, just like in FF7R.

It’s a Game Over if:

• Sora is K.O.’d regardless of whether or not Donald and/or Goofy are still active
  • The party member you control is K.O.’d when all other party members are K.O.’d (in this case, it’s possible to Game Over as Sora, Donald or Goofy)
Once you’ve Form Changed (and btw, Donald and Goofy would also be able to Formchange), you can’t switch between party members.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
in theory, but itd be a disservice to his character
I guess but with extra third parties we get what we can take.

Could be interesting if it was like Simon/Richter where they share abilities. So maybe incorporate stuff like Roxas' light beams into Sora's moveset.

Top Bottom