• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but you gotta finish the game with certain conditions met to get both Oathkeeper and Oblivion.
So it's like, guess I'll just go without :C

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Yeah, but you gotta finish the game with certain conditions met to get both Oathkeeper and Oblivion.
So it's like, guess I'll just go without :C
We don't really know the conditions to get them yet, but yeah, it's speculated that the proofs will be the unlock requirement. We are getting some new abilities with the patch too. So there will be something there for those who haven't beaten it yet.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I've been watching a bit of gameplay post 1.09. The new abilities are exactly what people wanted so Osaka Team has clearly been listening. There were also some adjustments to base abilities with Speed Slash and Triple Rush now being cancelable, and Magic Flash now has increased range. Oathkeeper and Oblivion are incredible looking, and Double Form is a spectacle to behold. Haven't seen any of Remind itself yet, but I've heard most of the content is in the Limit Cut episode. While that appeals to me, it sounds like those expecting a more overhauled and significant story experience may find Remind a bit much at $30.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Tried out the new abilities and Oathkeeper on my old save. I love what they did with the new abilities and forms. Started a new run on critical as well, but I'll need more time to form a proper opinion on how much it improves the game. From my brief time it's looking like crowds are generally much more manageable, but certain problem enemies (earth, water, fire cores) will likely remain an issue. I'll be staying away from Remind till I finish the main game, but I would love to hear opinions on it and the new patch.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
*Places support stamp.

I want to beat Galeem with a party of my 3 Squeenix boys.

Haven’t played KH in over 10 years. But if the Story So Far comes to Switch, I’m snagging it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Screenshot_20190219-212756.png

My face when:
Kingdom hearts 3 was a prequel to Final fantasy versus 13 this whole time

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
So now that Dual Form is actually a thing now, there would be a very huge missed opportunity to exclude Roxas as an Echo Fighter
Assuming that they put in any new echo fighters at all. Btw, who else would be interested in the Smash team just making new DLC echo fighters and selling them for $2-$3 a pop? With tweaks that make sense for the characters.
Like Shantae being a Belmont echo fighter
Nightmare being a Ganondorf echo fighter
Roxas being a Sora echo fighter (assuming we get him)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Assuming that they put in any new echo fighters at all. Btw, who else would be interested in the Smash team just making new DLC echo fighters and selling them for $2-$3 a pop? With tweaks that make sense for the characters.
Like Shantae being a Belmont echo fighter
Nightmare being a Ganondorf echo fighter
Roxas being a Sora echo fighter (assuming we get him)
That's not how echo fighters even remotely work

How do people still not understand this

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
That's not how echo fighters even remotely work

How do people still not understand this
Without any proper explanation to go off of, I guess I'm to assume that you're trying to say all echo fighters need to be a one to one copy of the fighters they're based off of. And so, my only retort is:
Chrom

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Without any proper explanation to go off of, I guess I'm to assume that you're trying to say all echo fighters need to be a one to one copy of the fighters they're based off of. And so, my only retort is:
Chrom
No, but they have to have the same skeleton as their base. They can't be a different shape or height.

On top of that, echo would be a disservice to Shantae and Nightmare. In fact, I doubt you've played any of their games, because they play nothing like Belmont or Ganon

Also Chrom has one move different than Roy, a better retort would've been Ken.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It's most likely pointless to hope but I hope Sora brings this song with him if he gets in:

It's pointless because if Sora is getting in then negotiations have been done for a long while now and this song is too recent. On top of most likely having less songs by default.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's most likely pointless to hope but I hope Sora brings this song with him if he gets in:

It's pointless because if Sora is getting in then negotiations have been done for a long while now and this song is too recent. On top of most likely having less songs by default.
weve had songs for unreleased games in the past

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
No, but they have to have the same skeleton as their base. They can't be a different shape or height.

On top of that, echo would be a disservice to Shantae and Nightmare. In fact, I doubt you've played any of their games, because they play nothing like Belmont or Ganon

Also Chrom has one move different than Roy, a better retort would've been Ken.
You got me with skeleton comment. I never even knew that.

"Nothing"? Really? Like, I get that with Shantae, she has a list of transformations that the Belmonts can't use, but it's wholly inaccurate to suggest that they'd play nothing alike (heck her game is literally inspired by the castlevania). Even more so with Ganondorf and Nightmare. Seems like you're the one who hasn't played much of their games.

Not gonna lie, I completely forgot about Ryu, but Chrom still works as a perfect example of an echo fighter not needing to be a 100% copy moveset-wise. At the very least, I now have 2 examples of this should the need ever arise for me to make the argument.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
You got me with skeleton comment. I never even knew that.

"Nothing"? Really? Like, I get that with Shantae, she has a list of transformations that the Belmonts can't use, but it's wholly inaccurate to suggest that they'd play nothing alike (heck her game is literally inspired by the castlevania). Even more so with Ganondorf and Nightmare. Seems like you're the one who hasn't played much of their games.

Not gonna lie, I completely forgot about Ryu, but Chrom still works as a perfect example of an echo fighter not needing to be a 100% copy moveset-wise. At the very least, I now have 2 examples of this should the need ever arise for me to make the argument.
...one thing that's similar does not make them echo material. One thing different (like Chrom) does.

Shantae's hair whip is the only thing she has in common with the Belmonts, and even then, their whips go farther than her hair does.

Nightmare, on the other hand, has an entire style switching mechanic and wields a sword far bigger than Ganon's ever had. If your only experience with Ganon is Smash, you don't know anything about him. Watch ????????????? ????????????? 's video on Nightmare to get a better idea of how he could work. Calling Shantae or Nightmare echo fighter material is a disservice to their character and their legacy.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
This is out of the blue, but what would his ring name be? Never played KH before so I don't know what Sora does in the game.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
This is out of the blue, but what would his ring name be? Never played KH before so I don't know what Sora does in the game.
well he doesnt have a title as such in the games to use so theyd make something up like "chosen by the keyblade" or "destiny islander"

Lyncario

Smash Ace
well he doesnt have a title as such in the games to use so theyd make something up like "chosen by the keyblade" or "destiny islander"
There's also "The weilder of the Keyblade", even if it's more of a KH1 thing if I remember it correctly.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
"The keyblade master" that was his title in the early games before establishing what a keyblade master actually was.

Top Bottom